Minikin V1.5

More changes picked up off the distribution center web site.

No mention of the red metallic color now, but some new colors pictured as being available on preorder.

I see this as putting the cart before the horse asMODus. Fill your freakin preorders on the first four colors from over a month ago BEFORE you leap into more orders that you can't fill. :firedevil:

Attachments

• black 150.jpg
    black 150.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 78
  • white 150.jpg
    white 150.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 80
  • purple 150.jpg
    purple 150.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 86
  • dark blue 150.jpg
    dark blue 150.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 88
  • champagne 150.jpg
    champagne 150.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 90
  • fm edition 150.jpg
    fm edition 150.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 91
  • galaxy 150.jpg
    galaxy 150.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 93
More changes picked up off the distribution center web site.

No mention of the red metallic color now, but some new colors pictured as being available on preorder.

I see this as putting the cart before the horse asMODus. Fill your preorders on the first four colors from over a month ago BEFORE you leap into more orders that you can't fill. :firedevil:
Damn, I actually dig the Glaxy one, it's bright!

But agreed, so many people waiting on promised colours so get those sorted and out first before coming up with and advertising new ones.

@mildly.inked thats awesome brother.
I have to wait a little longer cause I've gone for the red :)
I almost wanted to change my colour because of black coming out first. But i really want that nice shiney red so gonna hang in there while the fomo is building hahaha

The red metallic has been dropped from the preorder list at the US asMODus distribution center. I had to call them again for not living up to promises made Monday, so asked why the red was dropped and got a song and dance answer that suggested their not making them. IOW their own distribution center doesn't have a clue. So I'd stay on top of your preorder for a Metallic Red and try to get some clarification from whom ever you preordered it from.

The impression is Vaporesso and asMODus are birds of a feather.

The red metallic has been dropped from the preorder list at the US asMODus distribution center. I had to call them again for not living up to promises made Monday, so asked why the red was dropped and got a song and dance answer that suggested their not making them. IOW their own distribution center doesn't have a clue. So I'd stay on top of your preorder for a Metallic Red and try to get some clarification from whom ever you preordered it from.

The impression is Vaporesso and asMODus are birds of a feather.

Thank you @Spydro for this feedback.
Im going to tag in @Sir Vape @BigGuy as this is where i pre orderd and maybe they can just clarify if they will be getting red or of it has been dropped on there side?

Last edited:
Thank you @Spydro for this feedback.
Im going to tag in @Sir Vape @BigGuy as this is where i pre orderd and maybe they can just clarify if they will be getting red or of it has been dropped on there side?
I am not sure if vendors are allowed to comment here. Perhaps start a new thread in the who has stock forum to get a speedier response.

Is there any feedback from those who have now received the black one already? A comparison between the new and old would also be nice

Is there any feedback from those who have now received the black one already? A comparison between the new and old would also be nice

Hi @NaZa05, I posted some brief thoughts on the new 1.5 in the VapeMail thread so just copying it here for you:

mildly.inked said:
Well, I didn't own the original/first one so I can't compare it to that but so far so good hey. There is still the tiny atty-gap due to the protruding 510 connector but as others said it's most likely to try and avoid the top of the mod getting any "atty-rash", it's there but it's a tiny gap so doesn't bug me. There is still a very small gap between the top and bottom of the mod and the battery door but it's also really small so I'm good with that.

The mod feels really solid, with the batteries it has some weight to it but a good weight I think. I haven't spent too much time with the menu or temp control yet as I was playing around with different builds on my Avo-24 last night mostly but I'll give it a go with my Crown soon to compare to the Rolo (I've found TC works very differently on different mods even with the same wattage/temp combo - although that is probably obvious but I'm still learning).

All in all I'm quite happy with it, it's a good size, the battery life so far is decent, has a nice feel and I can carry it in my pocket a lot easier than my Rolo so it's a keeper for me - I still have my pico which is now sporting a Serpent mini so between the two I am basically sorted wrt mods, tanks and drippers.... for now anyways hahaha"

Finally got confirmation that a black V1.5 is due here tomorrow. Also that the white version may still be up to weeks out. So I canceled the order for the white one for a full refund (takes about 2 weeks) and will buy something else instead to run the extra Avo24.

ETA: A Sigelei 213W is inbound instead, due mid week.

Last edited:
FM edition (FingerPrint Magnet edition) hahahahaha that just made me hose myself

You'd be getting hosed by them too over here... the FPM is $30 more that the other colors from their US distribution center.

Seeing I left my RX200 on an ATM on the weekend, this is now my next buy!

Last time I read, FPM and galaxy are limited to 1000 units each, hence the extra cost. But that is last time I read, so don't quote me.

Last time I read, FPM and galaxy are limited to 1000 units each, hence the extra cost. But that is last time I read, so don't quote me.

The US Asmodus distribution center now has the white version in stock (out of stock on the black). A few US retailers have black and purple versions in stock, for as much as 25% less cost than buying direct from them.

The US Asmodus distribution center now has the white version in stock (out of stock on the black). A few US retailers have black and purple versions in stock, for as much as 25% less cost than buying direct from them.

Yeah I have no idea how the manufacturers do their pricing, been reading a few stories on how other (not asmosdus) manufacturers have been holding warranties hostage if you buy from a reseller who does less than the RRP...crazy stuff.

So far my favourite is the purple! one day when I'm big! haha have to own one!

Dear Minikin 1.5 owners.

I was wanting to know how you have found this device to behave in TC mode (specifically SS and ni200)

Does it work as well as something like a VTC mini in this regard?

Dear Minikin 1.5 owners.

I was wanting to know how you have found this device to behave in TC mode (specifically SS and ni200)

Does it work as well as something like a VTC mini in this regard?

Stop askin questions
Just get the dam thing lol. It still can do temp and cotton does not burn. I use it everyday with temp. Only difference is 20degrees to get the same vape.
EG. Crius 0.3 SS build at 40W and 200C on the vtc
Crius 0.3 SS build at 40W and 220C on the minikin

That would just be because they using a different tcr value as apposed to the vtc. But minikin 1.5 has TCR
so you wouldnt have any of those issues once you set the tcr. Then it should be identical to the vtc .

Kind Regards Minikin v1 owner

guys anyone 1.5 owners that want to maybe get rid of the 120w minikin....looking for tiffany lol

Loving my new Minikin 1.5 in black. Atomix vapes sold out on the black in less than 24 hours!!!!

however Atomix does have the white and purple landing at the store within the next 2 days

A note about the colors....
The V1.5 150W's with rubberized finishes do have the same door gap issues that the rubberized 120's had. Not as noticeable on the black 150 same as the black 120. Maybe something to keep in mind when you pick colors if you are OCD about the door gap issues.

A note about the colors....
The V1.5 150W's with rubberized finishes do have the same door gap issues that the rubberized 120's had. Not as noticeable on the black 150 same as the black 120. Maybe something to keep in mind when you pick colors if you are OCD about the door gap issues.
Thank you for the insight @spydro,this might seem like a stupid question but do you think a sleeve would fit onto the rubberized minikins ?is there a noticeable difference in size ?I want the minikin for its battery life and really like the fact that its rubberized but would like to protect it even more with a sleeve as I will be using it in conditions where the possibility to drop it is high ?

Edit: thinking about using it at work which for me has a high possibility it could get dropped but i think im going to get too atached to it :think: i think my next buy should be a REO lol

Last edited:
Back