MTL advance setup, Nautilus 2, eleaf iStick query

Smokey_Robinson

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi...
I please need assistance in the following matter:
I started vaping 4 years ago, and due to personal issues, stopped about two years ago. Recently I had a heart attack and I know I have to start again vaping.

I started two months ago vaping again and moved into the pod system and nic salt route (aspire breeze 2 and 25mg salts). I haven't smoked in a month, but a month ago I started realizing the pod and salt system wasn't helping as a permanent device. Luckily I still had 3 x Eleaf Istick 20/30watt rechargeable battery kits from when I started and 3 Aspire Nautilus mini tanks. So I bought BVC 1.8ohm coils and 12-18mg normal juices, and at this stage I prefer them over the salt nics, probably old school loving the throat hits.

My question is that after 2 years not using these Istick batteries would they still be save to use in the long term, they still charge and hold a day to day and a half on 2000mha capacity. I normally vape on 4 - 4.8V (8.8 - 11W) settings on these VV/ VW batteries/mini mods.
I'm looking to replace the mini tanks with new nautilus 2 tanks as after two years the bases had a lot of gunk at bottom and in the process of cleaning them, I found the springs mounted on base had all broken in half or partly, but they still seem to work, should I go on with them or should I replace them? Looked on all SA websites, no replacement base sections.

My issue is not finding any battery/mod that falls within the 20-40 Watt range as I think 50/60 W is an overkill for me, and those available do not have the display/led screen with VV/VW settings and also not a big fan op pen styles. It does seem in the time I stopped vaping there has been a move away from MTL advanced kits and a move to sub ohms, and now these mini kits for salt nics, which is not working for me, only kit I could clearly find in S.A was the Aspire Zelos 50w kit, which seems to have issues also on the battery/mod section i.t.o. charging pins.
And I get mixed feedback, some say the mini tanks better then the nautilus 2 and visa versa.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

You have a couple of options, I had a Basal tank that I used on a pipe and it was good. Have to buy coils but they were not too expensive, but I wasn’t using it all the time. The Basal has a built in battery so you may have to charge often, but high ohm coils should give a decent vaping time interval.

If you go the rta route there are positives and negatives, you have to rebuild and recoil, but lower cost and in most instances better flavour. Also depends if you allready have a mod for it to go on, I presume you want to use it as a additional or will this be your adv. If is is as a second, the Basal is a small mod with a very good commercial MTL tank and coils that give good flavour and wil be good as a back up in my eyes. If it is for your adv I would rather match existing mod with a Siren 2 or similar good MTL rta.

More info will give us all a better understanding why you want this, so better advice can be forthcoming.

Let us know and we can see if we can help.

Thanks @Room Fogger So i need a mod yes currently only have squonk mods. I will look at my local vape shopies if they have the coils for the Basel. If there is no local supply i'd rather just go with the Siren 2 or Rose rta. I really don't mind building and wicking (actually satisfying while watching series).

Thanks for the help, I'm not yet sure if it is going to replace my everyday setup. All i know is when the drinks are going i want something stronger.

I have a Rincoe Ceto but that i will give to the wife.

Thanks @Room Fogger So i need a mod yes currently only have squonk mods. I will look at my local vape shopies if they have the coils for the Basel. If there is no local supply i'd rather just go with the Siren 2 or Rose rta. I really don't mind building and wicking (actually satisfying while watching series).

Thanks for the help, I'm not yet sure if it is going to replace my everyday setup. All i know is when the drinks are going i want something stronger.

I have a Rincoe Ceto but that i will give to the wife.
If you have squonk mods, just go buy a Vapefly galaxies rdta. Regarded by many as one of the best attys there is. You can squonk on it and you are sorted.

Have you bought from them in the past? Never heard of them.

Plenty of times, I make a point of it to drive through to Benoni when i go to PTA just to visit their shop. Bought my first Squeezer mech squonk from them when they were still operating out of their house, bought my Wotofo Nudge mech squonk from them when they moved to their first Shop, and will be visiting their new location when I go through again in a couple of weeks, Richard and Denise are salt of the earth people

Back