Nemesis Button getting hot

baksteen8168

Useful Idiot
LV

Awards
Hi Guys and Gals

I have been using my Nemesis with a RDA for a while now and i am really loving the way she hits. One question though.

Why is the button getting hot? It is only some time that this happens. Not chain vaping and average hits are around 5 seconds. Most of the time there is no heat, but every now and then the button heats up like crazy.

I am running at 0.3 with a 35A battery so I know i am well within the battery's limits.

Thank you soo much @johan, your advice is always greatly appreciated and extremely educational. I clean my nemi quite often and the only reasonable cause I could think of was your advice about the adjusting pin not making a flush connection with the negative post of the battery. Could this also be caused by the plastic wrapping on the efest batteries ? The exposed area at the negative base is rather small for the nemis contact? Or am I pulling at straws:confused:

It is possible, although I doubt it - you should be able to easily confirm by removing the the negative pin and place on the battery negative.

@K_klops & @baksteen8168 if you look at the picture below, C screws into A and B screws into the battery holder. Clean these threads with an alcohol base cleaner (i.e Spirits, commercial contact cleaner etc) including the threads on the battery holder where B makes contact with same. If the contact between the treads of A and C are not fully secure, and/or, if the contact area of C doesn't make perfect contact with battery's negative when you press the switch, you will have major heat build up in the switch, and will only worsen over time. Hope this clarify what I'm trying to explain.

From the pic you can clearly see that only A, B & C complete the circuit from the battery's negative, to the rest of the mech, and that the spring (or magnets) are not in the current path at all.

View attachment 13216

Thanks for the explenation @johan . It seems that C was a bit loose when screwed into A. Tightened it a bit and lo and behold, no more heating up of button. To think that something so small can cause that heat build up is amazing.

Thanks again for the assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for this. Happened to me for the first time yesterday morning.
I at first suspected it was a battery problem and pulled it apart. Went and bought a multimeter to test the battery for fear I had shorted it. Read at 4.07v
It wasn't extremely hot, but a lot warmer than normal.

Only put it together again last night as I used my spare mod while I was at work. I am running a 1.2ohm coil in mine but assume the same principle applies regardless of coil size. I only have had my meni for a few months and have never cleaned contacts... now I know!

Appreciate the thread.
Be carefull when you take apart the switch the little locating pin likes getting lost. Also be gentle with the magnets they snap quite easily and shatter if you drop them just right.

Be carefull when you take apart the switch the little locating pin likes getting lost. Also be gentle with the magnets they snap quite easily and shatter if you drop them just right.
This information would have proven useful the first night I unboxed it!

Battled to get the mod to fit an 18650, only because it was so shiny and didn't notice that the 18500 section could come loose. It was hell tight connected to the 510 connector head so I thought it was one piece.

A couple of you tube videos later had me stripping it to match the pieces in the video. Clearly the little brass lock pin and the magnets were not included in the "how to blow clouds" tutorial I watched!

In short, lost the pin, kicked the dog, found the pin in the seat of the couch... Couldn't find second magnet...

I know how magnets work, I think all of us played with them as kids and reversing the polarity. Clearly logic didn't prevail during the hour search for the other magnet. Another you tube video on the magnetic upgrade showed that the magnet washers are in fact singles, and not the thick one with a fancy thin line machined in the middle like I had in my hand the whole time!

@johan, excellent diagram and explanation. I had an issue with my Nemesis getting hot (body and button). Sometimes "oh shit hot" but most of the time, hotter than a pleasant warm, which it NEVER did when it was new. I keep it pretty clean, but for some reason had neglected the screw, C in your diagram. While cleaning, there was a lot of carbon on it. After wiping it we'll, mod fires just like new! Muchos gracias!

@johan, excellent diagram and explanation. I had an issue with my Nemesis getting hot (body and button). Sometimes "oh shit hot" but most of the time, hotter than a pleasant warm, which it NEVER did when it was new. I keep it pretty clean, but for some reason had neglected the screw, C in your diagram. While cleaning, there was a lot of carbon on it. After wiping it we'll, mod fires just like new! Muchos gracias!
And most welcome to the forum. Glad we could help a bit. Happy vaping.

Back