New to vaping

Ronell

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
Ok... So I'm a newbie in this whole vaping thing. I want to buy my first vaporizer but don't want to spend thousands. . What would you guys suggest?

@Ronell , welcome to the forum , please feel free to introduce yourself in the introduction thread and enjoy your stay :)

May I add, if you are considering getting the Ego AIO, you could go straight for the D22 XL model. I recently upgraded from the normal AIO and am super happy with it. Simple to use. Doesn't leak in your handbag EVER. Long battery life and a good looking device. Not a huge price difference between normal and XL model, got mine from vapers corner online shop and they do free delivery

Here they are side by sideView attachment 67571
I looked at this one this morning and I like it. I will definitely go for a, is it stainless steel?? Look. Looks so classy. Another thing, will this help me to stop smoking cigarettes? I'm trying g to quit and thought that maybe I should go for low nicotine in the beginning and maybe go down to a zero nicotine.

@Ronell..yes it will help..i stopped 1.5 packs a day 5 months ago with the above device...my only advice with the above device..i didnt like the flavour and moved very quickly to a bigger device hence my suggestion for a pico..but its personal preference. i startes off of 6mg nic

@Ronell..yes it will help..i stopped 1.5 packs a day 5 months ago with the above device...my only advice with the above device..i didnt like the flavour and moved very quickly to a bigger device hence my suggestion for a pico..but its personal preference. i startes off of 6mg nic
Thank you. I first thought I should buy a smaller one but maybe I should just go directly for the bigger ones. They have a bigger tank which I like

Going for a bigger better device is a good choice because you will eventually go there in any case.
As for nicotine, I smoked a light cigarette and started on 6mg ejuice. 3mg did not satisfy my craving.

Start at 6mg nic and work your way down. Good luck! these guys have given you some awesome choices.

Welcome to the forum, the community rocks!

@Ronell , choosing the nicotine strength is very often related to the type of cigarette you smoked.
E.g. if you smoked something like Rothmans which has a pretty high nic content, then you might want to go with 18mg.
If you smoked a light cigarette, then 6mg might work for you.
The bottom line is that if you choose a juice with too low a nic strength, it could cause you to feel that vaping isn't working for you.
Adapt the nicotine strength according to your needs.

And welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome @Ronell, if vaping sticks (and it will if you really want to quit smoking) you're almost certainly going to want to upgrade your device - we all do :p So start with something that offers longevity, like the Pico kit. You can always get an AIO in the future if you feel like it =)

Have to agree, get a Pico starter kit, won't regret it.
And welcome to the Forum....

Pico kit and a good 6mg juice helped me quit. Dropped down to 0 now as well, just bave some premium juices in 3mg for those days where I am feeling extravagant and cause I didnt find them in 0.

I wish you the best of luck on your decision to quit and hope we see you here for good. You're already a winner in our eyes just for being here.

If I can offer a contrary view, I'm not sure that the Pico would still be my go-to first mod. When it was released, it offered unprecedented stealth factor at unbeatable price. The downside is that you cannot pair it with any of the vast range of 24/25mm atties that are now flooding the market. If I had to go with a first mod now, it would be the Eleaf Aster.

It is 75W TC firmware upgraded single 18650 just like the Pico. It's only R20 more. It's not quite as short and stealthy but it's not a big mod by any stretch. And it will take something like a Serpent Mini 25mm whereas a Pico will not. Unless stealth is your absolute number one non-negotiable priority, I think the Aster offers the same performance but greater versatility.

I 100% agree with the Pico. Don't let it fool you though, it is not a "box mod' and it is not by any stretch of the imagination a Large Device. It's so tiny that you can pretty much close your fist around it hiding it completely.

Its really well built and regardless of what other mods I get I will still use it daily while running to the shops or whatever. Its an amazing size for a runaround. Best starter device IMHO as you can use it now and you will probably never totally outgrow it.

Back