Nic salts - yay or nay?

Do you use nic salt juices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All good @Silver anyone else experience muscle aches, etc? Keep in mind that i was a 15 a day smoker for 36 years?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have smoked 20+ stinkies a day for 20 years. Always got a red pack of whatever brand as i wanted/needed the throat hit and just liked stronger stinkys in general and settled on pall mall red the last 2 years. I have tried countless times to quit smoking and tried the gum, patches, zyban and quit mouth spray and nothing seemed to work. Got myself a mod with a rdta and aspire breeze 2 last year and messed around with nic salt in the breeze and normal juice in the rdta but still continued to smoke the stinkies. Finally set myself a goal to stop smoking before end of Jan 2019 and had my last sig the morning of 10 Jan. I absolutely abused the breeze with nic salt 48mg AND a 0.6ohm coil during the first few days. I never felt sick from the nic and i am making very good progress.

I have since sold the breeze and got the nord with the idea of using the 1.4 ohm ceramic coils with lower salt nic but eish the airflow is simply too restricted and the nords airflow is only controlled by what coil your using. So im back to 0.6 mesh salt nic on the nord which is now actually too strong but looking out for the next solution and wont stop using this setup as i dont want to fall back to smoking stinkys. Salt nic has worked for me and i am 1 month without any stinkys.

Sorry for the long post :)

I have experienced no muscle cramps or any sort of aches by using the 48mg salt in the 0.6 ohm coils. It does feel a bit heavy on my chest but its still better than smoking stinkys. Only thing i noticed is that i was sleeping all weird, struggled to fall asleep and would wake up a lot during the night during the first 2 weeks.

Congrats on the month of no stinkies @Juan_G

That is fantastic - what a great achievement!!!!
Vape on and stay strong!

@Spongebob I quit smoking siggies December 17 using salts.started off on 35mg using the breeze 2 pod.I was a heavy smoker and I was hitting the salts hard and probably way too hard infact.after about a week when going to sleep I had a very weird experience.I would dose off and just as I would fall into a deep sleep I would be woken up by a jump as if someone gave me a heck of a freight.my heart racing and then feel woozy.not sure if this makes any sense.almost a feeling of fainting or passing out.the funny part is it only happened when falling asleep and sometimes when laying down.

Funny you post this now..I was at a vape shop today and spoke to a guy working there and he had the same experience but it happened to him during the day aswell.even when driving.
He went to the Dr and they did blood tests.according to the Dr he had enough nicotine in his blood to last him 3 months.scary stuff!!!

With this being said I'm not sorry I went with the salt nic to get off the siggies.it really helped me.I still carried on using it but just less intake and started dropping to lower strength.for the last 2 days I have not had salts but just took a few hits for that nic fix like 10 minutes ago. (Bit of a headrush)

I've been meaning to start a thread regarding this
@crazyj here is my question regarding the drs findings? From what i understand the body clears out nicotine in abt 2 to 12 hours, so even abusing high strength nic Salts, how does that much nicotine accumulate in the body?

I have experienced no muscle cramps or any sort of aches by using the 48mg salt in the 0.6 ohm coils. It does feel a bit heavy on my chest but its still better than smoking stinkys. Only thing i noticed is that i was sleeping all weird, struggled to fall asleep and would wake up a lot during the night during the first 2 weeks.
Funny you should mention thati too have been sleeping erratically since switching.... Wonder what causes that

But i am also getting headaches, muscle aches and back pain but i suppose that could be many other factors

Having said all the above, my view is that nic Salts are a God sent i have been vaping for abt 2 years, with the intention to quit smoking I've done it all, mtl, dtl, pens, box mods, rta's, commercial coils, big clouds, small clouds, you name it, but..... I could never quit so if you told me a year ago, that i would pick up a pod system with Salts and QUIT, i would have rolled on the floor laughing at you

Being a Christian i firmly believe that God answered my prayers this past Sunday to release me from the bondages of stinkiesas i was not even intending to quit, but since the pod and Salts.... I haven't looked back

Do i abuse the Salts? No, i still take a break every hour at work to vape, but i find 4 to 5 puffs to be more than sufficient to curb the cravingsi am already starting to feel my lungs open up and my health improving

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

I have since sold the breeze and got the nord with the idea of using the 1.4 ohm ceramic coils with lower salt nic but eish the airflow is simply too restricted and the nords airflow is only controlled by what coil your using. So im back to 0.6 mesh salt nic on the nord which is now actually too strong but looking out for the next solution and wont stop using this setup as i dont want to fall back to smoking stinkys. Salt nic has worked for me and i am 1 month without any stinkys.

Sorry for the long post :)
You should really try the magic atopacksimply amazing

@crazyj here is my question regarding the drs findings? From what i understand the body clears out nicotine in abt 2 to 12 hours, so even abusing high strength nic Salts, how does that much nicotine accumulate in the body?

@Spongebob I really have no clue when it comes to how long nic stays in your system.maybe it was just the Dr's way of telling him he has alot of nic in his system.to add onto his experience he says he was vaping 50mg nic salts.

I am very happy that I used nic salts to get off stinkies.I smoked 30-40 camel filter/classic a day for 7 years.

I'm busy doing the switch to higher nic freebase mtl.so far so good.I do believe that nic salts should not be used for a long period of time though as I also feel a difference switching to freebase nic from salts.the aches and pains everyone is talking about I'm also familiar with

Out of curiosity how many ml of nic salts does everyone go through?let's say in a period of a week?

Having said all the above, my view is that nic Salts are a God sent i have been vaping for abt 2 years, with the intention to quit smoking I've done it all, mtl, dtl, pens, box mods, rta's, commercial coils, big clouds, small clouds, you name it, but..... I could never quit so if you told me a year ago, that i would pick up a pod system with Salts and QUIT, i would have rolled on the floor laughing at you

Being a Christian i firmly believe that God answered my prayers this past Sunday to release me from the bondages of stinkiesas i was not even intending to quit, but since the pod and Salts.... I haven't looked back

Do i abuse the Salts? No, i still take a break every hour at work to vape, but i find 4 to 5 puffs to be more than sufficient to curb the cravingsi am already starting to feel my lungs open up and my health improving

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

@Spongebob I'm so glad to see all the success stories of people getting off the stinkies!!it's something you don't often hear of outside of the vaping community.

2 days after I stopped smoking my life changed as I felt for the first time in a long time what a clear nose and sinus feels like.use to get very tired when smoking stinkies.I now wake up allot easier in the morning and feel alot fresher.can only image the difference after a year off the stinkies!!

@Spongebob I really have no clue when it comes to how long nic stays in your system.maybe it was just the Dr's way of telling him he has alot of nic in his system.to add onto his experience he says he was vaping 50mg nic salts.

I am very happy that I used nic salts to get off stinkies.I smoked 30-40 camel filter/classic a day for 7 years.

I'm busy doing the switch to higher nic freebase mtl.so far so good.I do believe that nic salts should not be used for a long period of time though as I also feel a difference switching to freebase nic from salts.the aches and pains everyone is talking about I'm also familiar with
Out of curiosity some juice manufacturers label their juices mg/ml, but a vape shop owner told me that with nic salts the amount of nic is per bottle /pod? Any truth to this? I have checked my bottle of salts and nowhere does it state per ml?

Out of curiosity some juice manufacturers label their juices mg/ml, but a vape shop owner told me that with nic salts the amount of nic is per bottle /pod? Any truth to this? I have checked my bottle of salts and nowhere does it state per ml?

@Spongebob I have no idea to be honest.I thought it to be same as freebase.some international nic salts still state the % on their bottles.example:35%/ml witch would mean 35 mg

I bought a 30ml RY4 salts last sunday anf still 3/4 full if that helps

I finished a 30 ml bottle in 4 days in my siren 2 rta.eish

I cant believe what Im reading. This thread is an example why very strict regulations are needed in the vape industry.
And to claim you have stopped smoking and you pumping yourselve with more nic than you could have ever done with cigarettes is even more absurd.

@Jean claude Vaaldamme.I don't think you can compare smoking siggies with vaping nic salts or vaping freebase.
Freebase liquid did not get me off stinkies.in fact I ended up smoking and vaping.
I got myself a pod on the 17th of December and 35mg nic salts.I started using it the very same day and I have not touched a stinkies ever since.with the pod that first 30ml bottle lasted me almost 3 weeks.
The 30ml bottle I finished in 4 days was when I switched to mtl rta.it's obvious that an rta is going to consume more than a pod.the flavour was so much better and that's probably what caused me to abuse the nic salts.
In the same breath I just want to add that I would have smoked between 70-80 camel filter/classic in 4 days.so I'm not sure how that woulD be any worse than vaping 20mg nic salts in 4 days.

And just to add I am now vaping on high nic freebase in my mtl.just still trying to find my happy place with regards to a good normal liquid I can bump up the nic on.I'm not gonna pay up to R200 for 20ml bottle of freebase liquid.that would mean I would have to buy 3-5 bottles a week

@Jean claude Vaaldamme.I don't think you can compare smoking siggies with vaping nic salts or vaping freebase.
Freebase liquid did not get me off stinkies.in fact I ended up smoking and vaping.
I got myself a pod on the 17th of December and 35mg nic salts.I started using it the very same day and I have not touched a stinkies ever since.with the pod that first 30ml bottle lasted me almost 3 weeks.
The 30ml bottle I finished in 4 days was when I switched to mtl rta.it's obvious that an rta is going to consume more than a pod.the flavour was so much better and that's probably what caused me to abuse the nic salts.
In the same breath I just want to add that I would have smoked between 70-80 camel filter/classic in 4 days.so I'm not sure how that woulD be any worse than vaping 20mg nic salts in 4 days.

I smoked 40+ Stuyvesant filter for more than 20years. Never did I need to go to a doctor, or had any nic attacks or could not sleep. So obviously there is a problem? Regulations are set on products, to keep idiots harming themselves.

A few weeks of cigarettes is great, but does not mean you have kicked the habit, the longer you need this high nic fixes, the further you will be from kicking the habit. Read this forum, many of the regular members that has been vaping for years still smoke or fall back to smoking.
I will put money on it that this sudden nic salts frenzy is tobacco companies boosting it to keep everyone hooked

Everyone may do as he/she pleases, but if you dont stop your addiction, by simply changing its name. Then you still addicted to the same thing and fall back at any time

This may all be true yes.if anyone who was a smoker switched to vaping or even thought of switching obviously know that they have an addiction to nicotine.I had my goals set to get off stinkies and I did it using nic salts.I am now going to freebase and will work my way down.
Even on nic salts I felt a millions times better than what I did on stinkies.

I'm happy on my achievement this far as not alot of people even do get this far.

Like you @Jean claude Vaaldamme I smoked heavily for many years (35).

I have never used nic salts and I never will. I do however believe that they have a place in helping people stop smoking. When I quit, over four years ago, I used 18mg nic. That was all that was easily available. Remember that there was no sub-ohming at that time so high nic was needed to satisfy cravings for nic. Over time (enter the Subtank Mini) I decreased nic to 2 to 3 mg. I have never tried to get rid of nic entirely and have no desire to do so.

I am surprised to hear you say that many members who have been vaping for years still smoke, or go back to smoking. Perhaps this would be an interesting thread in itself.

I am now still addicted to nicotine but not to smoking. I am perfectly at peace with this. I am not addicted to the same thing as I was i.e. smoking. I will never go back to smoking if I can still vape. I would bet the farm (literally) on this (don't tell the wife she owns half of it).

Like you @Jean claude Vaaldamme I smoked heavily for many years (35).

I have never used nic salts and I never will. I do however believe that they have a place in helping people stop smoking. When I quit, over four years ago, I used 18mg nic. That was all that was easily available. Remember that there was no sub-ohming at that time so high nic was needed to satisfy cravings for nic. Over time (enter the Subtank Mini) I decreased nic to 2 to 3 mg. I have never tried to get rid of nic entirely and have no desire to do so.

I am surprised to hear you say that many members who have been vaping for years still smoke, or go back to smoking. Perhaps this would be an interesting thread in itself.

I am now still addicted to nicotine but not to smoking. I am perfectly at peace with this. I am not addicted to the same thing as I was i.e. smoking. I will never go back to smoking if I can still vape. I would bet the farm (literally) on this (don't tell the wife she owns half of it).
Yeah, nic got all the blame, but the real harm lies with tar and some other chemicals. Science has since set the record straight

Read this forum, many of the regular members that has been vaping for years still smoke or fall back to smoking.

Hi @Jean claude Vaaldamme - i hear what you are saying and understand your sentiment

I have been on this forum for a number of years and my sense is that the majority of "regular members" who have been here for a long time have not smoked. I.e. vaping has been able to get them off smoking for a long time.

I genuinely believe that vaping is a great way to get off the stinkies. Last time I had a stinkie was in Oct 2013 and although I still vape I consider it far better than smoking. Furthermore I dont feel the need to vape as often as I felt the need to smoke and I dont get as irritated when I dont vape for several hours like I did when I was a smoker. I havent used nic salts - am on normal nicotine juices. And it has worked very well for me.

Back