Nickel Builds

Forgot to share some pics of my build fro, a few days ago on the subtank mini.

Single Coil
28g Nickle
2.5mm ID
9 wraps
0.13ohms

A better build than the outgoing 3.0mm ID. Flavour is crisper.

Running this at 490 F between 23 - 30 watts depending on my mood.

Happy days!

c3c600ae36d5712ed2d4a16d8b8ea2ac.jpg

5e8fdfdbce6f062c12c48133d76c3c22.jpg

be3d54cdf0fd74e0b07fbd58d8c7a6fe.jpg

I've got so many new tanks and bottles of juice to play with but my throat is really stuffed with this flu and I cough with anything other than Tropical Ice and I pretty much can't taste diddly!

View attachment 26003

But after watching a few reviews of the SX Mini and Lemo 2 builds I thought I would try another build and this time my coil came out at 0,09Ω. Wicked it up, registered the coil and juiced the tank... first vape needed something more so I upped the Joules to 20J and the temp up to to 380F... cloud production is awesome... airflow of the Lemo 2 is really crap and a massive disappointment!

View attachment 26004

Unfortunately I can't comment on taste at all till the throat is better! Very frustrating! Because I have these juices to test and they could all be ADV's! :(

View attachment 26005

Thanks for sharing skipper

When you say the airflow on the lemo two is cap, do you mean you don't like the draw or is it too restrictive?

PS you're in for a treat with Nora's. It's amazing!

Only built a few Ni200 coils, but have been enjoying this one in the derringer
Chc7cOi.jpg

26g NON-TEMPERED ( :mad: @capetocuba) 14 wraps 0.126ohm. 41J 540F

So last night after chatting on the phone to @Paulie about Nickel coils, I thought I would try something different for my next nickel build.

Single Coil
28g twisted nickel
9 Wraps
KGD Wick
0.08 ohms

Verdict: The flavour is superb! Thick and dense vapour. This build likes some power behind it so I've found that 38 joules and 450F are my current sweet spot for it.

IMG-20150604-WA0030.jpg
IMG-20150604-WA0029.jpg
IMG-20150604-WA0032.jpg

Last edited:
So last might after chatting on the phone to @Paulie about Nickel coils, I thought I would try something different for my next nickel build.

Single Coil
28g twisted nickel
2.5mm ID
9 Wraps
KGD Wick
0.08 ohms

Verdict: The flavour is superb! Thick and dense vapour. This build likes some power behind it so I've found that 3 joules and 450F are my current sweet spot for it.

View attachment 28750
View attachment 28751
View attachment 28753

Nice, but 3 Joules sounds like a non-vape - I assume typo, seeing that assume is todays favorite word ;).

So last night after chatting on the phone to @Paulie about Nickel coils, I thought I would try something different for my next nickel build.

Single Coil
28g twisted nickel
9 Wraps
KGD Wick
0.08 ohms

Verdict: The flavour is superb! Thick and dense vapour. This build likes some power behind it so I've found that 38 joules and 450F are my current sweet spot for it.

View attachment 28750
View attachment 28751
View attachment 28753

awesome pics @Yiannaki remind me to pay you a visit when my subtank arrives. mini vape meet on the cards ?

Single Coil
28g twisted nickel
9 Wraps
KGD Wick
0.08 ohms

View attachment 28750
View attachment 28751
View attachment 28753
Damn, but you build beautiful coils. What is the secret? Patience?

Single Coil
28g twisted nickel
9 Wraps
KGD Wick
0.08 ohms

View attachment 28750
View attachment 28751
View attachment 28753

Coil master of note!
Congrats @Yiannaki !
Hope that coil is still in operation when we meet up next. Would love to take a toot

Damn, but you build beautiful coils. What is the secret? Patience?

@Andre,

Yiannaki gave away a few of his secrets in one of the workshops at Vapecon ;-)

Patience and persistence from what I have seen

Nickel Builds drive me to drink... the Nickel is so soft that changing wicks can be a very frustrating exercise... more often than not I end up having to rebuild the stinking coil after trying to extract the wick! :(

Nickel Builds drive me to drink... the Nickel is so soft that changing wicks can be a very frustrating exercise... more often than not I end up having to rebuild the stinking coil after trying to extract the wick! :(

@Rob Fisher try splitting ur wick in half and insert them as two pieces as it's easier to remove half the wick at a time

@Rob Fisher try splitting ur wick in half and insert them as two pieces as it's easier to remove half the wick at a time

Thanks! Great suggestion...

I have to say that after having played with nearly every tank in creation I'm pretty close to giving up on all of them including temp sensing ones as well. I find the flavour of the Cyclone with a 1,1Ω to 1,4Ω on a REO so close to perfection for me with my Menthol Juice and nothing has come close to the ease of use and perfect vape.

The Taifun GT 2 with Nickel on the SX Mini is very close from a flavour point of view but rewicking and making nickel coils and refilling the tank is a pain in the rear end!

Thanks! Great suggestion...

I have to say that after having played with nearly every tank in creation I'm pretty close to giving up on all of them including temp sensing ones as well. I find the flavour of the Cyclone with a 1,1Ω to 1,4Ω on a REO so close to perfection for me with my Menthol Juice and nothing has come close to the ease of use and perfect vape.

The Taifun GT 2 with Nickel on the SX Mini is very close from a flavour point of view but rewicking and making nickel coils and refilling the tank is a pain in the rear end!

just dont throw them into the gorge you can pass them over to me lol my sx mini is on the way

Hi Lads
Need some info
I just built a dual 26ga Pure Nickel @ 0.08ohms in my Marquis RDA using the Vapershake rdna 40.

What will be the best temp for this build?

What is the lowest I can build on the vapershark?

Hi Lads
Need some info
I just built a dual 26ga Pure Nickel @ 0.08ohms in my Marquis RDA using the Vapershake rdna 40.

What will be the best temp for this build?

What is the lowest I can build on the vapershark?
0.10 Ohms for DNA40, 0.05 Ohms for SX350j

My first nickel coil. 10 wrap dual coils, 28g at 2.5mm ID in the Goliath RTA. Came out to 0.08. Vaping like a dream.

k90qJp.jpg

I believe the vaporshark is rated for 0.1 ohms but I know that it does actually fire down to 0.06 ohms however I do not recommend going below 0.08 on the rDNA 40. As for the sx350j, I believe it fires down to 0.05.
Regarding the best temp for the build: to each is their own but if you truly want to use the benefits of the temp limiting, try keep the temp below 450 F as the cotton starts to mildly burn at like 460-480.

My first nickel coil. 10 wrap dual coils, 28g at 2.5mm ID in the Goliath RTA. Came out to 0.08. Vaping like a dream.

k90qJp.jpg
Wow man. That's pretty amazing. I've been using nickel for a couple months now and I still haven't dared a dual coil. Well done to you and keep on vaping

I believe the vaporshark is rated for 0.1 ohms but I know that it does actually fire down to 0.06 ohms however I do not recommend going below 0.08 on the rDNA 40. As for the sx350j, I believe it fires down to 0.05.
Regarding the best temp for the build: to each is their own but if you truly want to use the benefits of the temp limiting, try keep the temp below 450 F as the cotton starts to mildly burn at like 460-480.
Thanks for this, still trying to get my head around watts vs temperature and ramp up times etc. Snow wolf fires down to 0.05 so think I'm okay sitting around 0.08. The main reason for duals is I don't own any single coil RTA's. :D

Thanks for this, still trying to get my head around watts vs temperature and ramp up times etc. Snow wolf fires down to 0.05 so think I'm okay sitting around 0.08. The main reason for duals is I don't own any single coil RTA's. :D
My pleasure man.
Here's a really nice page that helps you understand what's really happening with temp limiting.
http://www.rebelvaper.net/dna-40-tips.html
Try not to skip anything( I know it's long AF) and you should be a nickel veteran by the end of it.8--)

Back