Nickel Builds

Hi guys

I just want to share this build, it's a amazing vape

28g nickel twisted single coil
14wraps
I'd 3,5mm
Ohms 0.14
On my Marquis RDA

Settings is 50j at 320f and man the flavor is great.

I'm vaping on this coil for quite some time
f8957cb11e3458e7ba4fd4b9a43fb845.jpg

29g tempad nickel with 30g kanthol twisted around 3mm Id dual coil on derrianga rda 0.05ohm on snow wolf 330c 55w

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 42
Temp control works so well on the snow wolf and for the price and quality I'm blown away

So I spent my early morning today building this nickel coil on my zephyrus (second build ever, be kind)

20150716_072732-01.jpg 20150716_072751-01.jpg

26g, 22 wraps each side (11+11)

Im reading 0.11 ohms so exactly where I want it.

I've got some ideas on how to wick it without blocking the air flow but was wondering what you guys could suggest.

So I spent my early morning today building this nickel coil on my zephyrus (second build ever, be kind)

View attachment 31444 View attachment 31445

I've got some ideas on how to wick it without blocking the air flow but was wondering what you guys could suggest.

WOW! Amazing! Truly amazing. You are definitely a natural.

Please post pics after you have wick'd it.

that looks good!!

I would recommend perhaps turning the top cap on, i'm assuming it's allot like that of the billow 2...

Then you can stuff your cotton in while the outer sleeve is on there... this should work like a charm as you would be able to get cotton everywhere but in the holes... then just a matter of seeing if the wicking will work and fine tune it from there...

Good luck, let us know how it turns out bud :)

@JW Flynn Yipp somewhat similar concept as the billow 2.

Cool, will try that out later this evening and see how it works.

Will post how successful I am.

UPDATE: Soooo the coil popped while test firing :( Not too sure why.

Going to rebuild tomorrow and see if I can get it right.

Just Finnished my twisted and smoothed dual 28 awg build8--).
Waiting for my batteries for the ipv3 li to Finnish charging. Pics up soon :).

Dual series twisted (and smoothed) 28 awg nickel build reading at .23 ohms on the ipv3 li. Took me forever to build but it makes some of the thickest clouds I've ever seen.
image.jpg

View attachment 31444 View attachment 31445

If this is your second build you should be telling us.nice work!

Time to try TC in a tank

Sub tank mini
Ni200 3mm ID 8wraps

View attachment 31199
Good one @Kimbo,here's my latest:clapton-0.8*0.1mm flat kanth. w/28g nick. 8wraps on 2mm rod. Great warmth and flavor.My first Clapton and I'm very pleased with it.On my CEO fog dripper

Dual Coil
28g Nickle
2.5mm ID
10 wraps
0.083 ohms
Running on the SX mini

For some reason I'm not getting to where I want to be flavour wise on the SX. Granted, this is only my second build, the first was on a subtank mini. The vape just doesn't seem as "full" as my dual 26g Kanthal at about 0.4ohms. Currently vaping Sutro - Frisco Vapor which is a blueberry oatmeal cookie. With the kanthal the blueberry is sweet and pops on the inhale. Nickel on the other hand, the taste is very subtle.

Any advice on the SX will be appreciated.

IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2825.JPG IMG_2826.JPG

Dual Coil
28g Nickle
2.5mm ID
10 wraps
0.083 ohms
Running on the SX mini

For some reason I'm not getting to where I want to be flavour wise on the SX. Granted, this is only my second build, the first was on a subtank mini. The vape just doesn't seem as "full" as my dual 26g Kanthal at about 0.4ohms. Currently vaping Sutro - Frisco Vapor which is a blueberry oatmeal cookie. With the kanthal the blueberry is sweet and pops on the inhale. Nickel on the other hand, the taste is very subtle.

View attachment 32789 View attachment 32790 View attachment 32791

Hi, no expert advice here, running a similar build: Dual Coil: 26g Ni200, 2.5 id, 10 wraps = 0.08ohm, only difference is coils is not spaced and closer to the air holes if it might help. SX running at 25.0J, 220C on Eco mode, more for flavour than clouds. Currently vaping Melinda's Nilla Custard 12mg and get the rich ultramel taste i'm looking for.

This morning when removing the Billow, refill and paired again with the SX and resistance is showing 0.05ohm :confused:

Nice build by the way

Dual Coil
28g Nickle
2.5mm ID
10 wraps
0.083 ohms
Running on the SX mini

View attachment 32789 View attachment 32790 View attachment 32791

super neat coils there !!

Ps your sx mini looks funny :giggle:

Hi, no expert advice here, running a similar build: Dual Coil: 26g Ni200, 2.5 id, 10 wraps = 0.08ohm, only difference is coils is not spaced and closer to the air holes if it might help. SX running at 25.0J, 220C on Eco mode, more for flavour than clouds. Currently vaping Melinda's Nilla Custard 12mg and get the rich ultramel taste i'm looking for.

This morning when removing the Billow, refill and paired again with the SX and resistance is showing 0.05ohm :confused:

Nice build by the way

Thanks for the feedback. I'll play around with it in that region. Still getting to terms with this Joules and Temp thing.. Interesting that you say you get that ultramel taste on MNC. I've never ever got that taste from that juice.

Haha, Nickel is all over the place. I noticed if I let the tank sit for a while, the resistance starts to settle.

Just Get a question from others, is it because he did not use Nickle, then he cannot fall in TC mode?, can anybody help me?

"I lock the device by pressing the power button 5 times. Then, I press the power and down button and enter TC mode and set the temp to say 450F. Then, I unlock by pressing the power button 5 times again. Now, when I'm taking a hit (aka pressing the power button), the screen slips to Kanthal mode and it shows the voltage for the wattage I set, rather than the temperature fluctuation that it should show. So, what I have to do is get to the TC mode again and again and again until somehow magically it will fall in TC mode. Until then, I have to repeat this process again and again. It was frustrating but now I kinda got used to it. Is your Kangxin clone or?"

Thanks in advance!

Just Get a question from others, is it because he did not use Nickle, then he cannot fall in TC mode?
Yes, the TC mode is calibrated for Nickel or Titanium, depending on the mod.

Back