I've found the best way to wick the Nano is to just cover the juice holes not stick the cotton into them. Perfect wicking.

Managed to get my hands on a OBS Nano RTA thanks to @ARYANTO

Any advice on wicking and coil placement for the OBS NANO RTA, not getting great flavour so far.

Managed to get my hands on a OBS Nano RTA thanks to @ARYANTO

Any advice on wicking and coil placement for the OBS NANO RTA, not getting great flavour so far.

Personally, I used the nano for ages and believed it was the bee's knees. Stopped using it but missed how easy and hassle free or was. When I tried it again years later. The flavour was very disappointing. I think that's based on the rapid progress that tanks have made since then.

I still use mine virtually daily, maybe I have gotten used to it but it gives me great flavor, even when I compare it with some of the other RTA’s I use. Between that and the Crius 2 it’s the only DL tanks that I still use regularly, and the ease and no leaking makes it a winner for me.

Just for the record, I have sold my Zeus, bought one again, and sold it again, but the OBS stays. I do believe the Zeus had a slight slight edge taste wise, but at double the consumption as well. It just works for me.

I find that too much cotton is what kills the flavour in the Nano. I err on the side of too little. I use the dam method with great success where the cotton just lays on top of the holes. With this you have to cover the driptip with a finger when filling to prevent flooding. A little bit of cotton down the holes will help for that if it is a problem but not much, dont stuff it all down there.

I have been influenced by people saying the coil should be high and close to the posts, on reflection I'm not so sure. Seems the best I get is with the coil halfway up and centered.

Cotton less is best, for sure. I've had it so I can actually see through the coil after using it a bit and still got great flavour.

Back