One Shot & Concentrate Mixing Reviews 2021 - New exciting stuff!

JWLAM0038-X0059_800x.jpg

Flavor & Juice description:

Cold, Ripe Mangoes make a favorite! Cryo Mango has quickly become one of our best sellers due to it's authentic Mango flavour.

Additional Information:
  • Best mixed at 20% with 70vg/30pg
  • Steeping Time: Shake ‘n Vape but steeping improves flavor 7 Day's
  • Bottle: 30ml Bottle
  • Made by : Drip Hacks
  • Cost – R120 for 30ml @ Flavour World SA
  • Makeable Amount – 150ml from 20% as recommended from 30ml
  • Method of mixing - Electronic Scale
Testing Equipment Used:
  • Mod: Geekvape Aegis X
  • RTA: Geekvape Zeus X MESH
  • MESH Power: 50W
  • RDA : Geekvape Tengu
  • Coil Power: 50W Dual Coil
So lets start off with reviewing the juice!

Smell:
The smell is like no other, its an immediate recognizable sweet mango

Drop Taste:
from the drop you are greeted with a nice ripe sweet mango with a sort of guava taste to it on the end and then a nice amount of WS23 that cools your whole mouth.

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
SNV tested using the RDA and i get a Sweet ripe and yellow mango straight up. It does not have any stringyness as found with Cushman Mango but its very similar in taste. This is a very good SNV juice.

1 week to 2 week Steep Notes
After a week to 2 weeks steeping i didnt notice any significant changes that is immediately noticeable. Because this is a straight mango, it pretty much stays the same but seems like it does get a little sweeter after the 7 days steep. I have been vaping this bottle now since SNV and its profile stays consistent.

Taste and flavor notes
This is a very nice ripe yellow mango that is super juicy and has a good amount of sweetner that compliments the mango flavor. The amount of WS23 varies between pod, RDA, Mesh and RTA. On the Zeus Mesh and dual RTA the ice is almost extreme and cools your throat. On inhale you are mostly greeted with a sweet icyness with slight mango, almost like the ICE overpowers the mango but then on exhale you are suddenly greeted with this explosion of mango that comes from nowhere with a good sweet mango aftertaste.

IMG_6744-copy.jpg

Overall feedback and quality:
I absolutely love this profile, the ice might be a little too much at times but i guess after a while you get used to it. Quality flavors and mango's were used and no weird or artificial flavors with bad after tastes are experienced. Its very similar to the Alphonso and Double mango concentrates.

Recommended RDA/RTA/Subohm: I vaped the flavor in the Vaporesso Target PM80, Tested it on the Tengu RDA, and both the Zeus X using the geekvape coils and the new soon to be released Zeus X Mesh RTA and i will have to say the PM80 mesh coils and the Geekvape Mesh tank are both winners. Although the flavor tastes great in all of the atties and devices, i feel that it gunks the normal coils a little bit too quick as with the mesh it doesnt. So expect to clean your coils regularly with this profile when using normal coils.

Color after steeping:
This profile after steep turns to a shade number 2 but i think this is dependent by the nicotine used. I used Spyder Nick from Mr Hardwicks and this is naturally a darker nicotine than Prime or scrawny. Without nic this juice will most probably stay a 0 on the color chart.

2020-02-24-11_35_38-golden-golors-google-search-png.190792

Rating out of 10 points : 8/10
Will i recommend it: Absolutely
Would i buy it again: Yes

Thanks to @Richio for sending this one shot for review, its always appreciated bud!

For a sweet, juicy, Malaysian style mango (think MonstaVapes Mango), do I do this one-shot, or get the Malaysian concentrates and mix your Mango Fandango?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a sweet, juicy, Malaysian style mango (think MonstaVapes Mango), do I do this one-shot, or get the Malaysian concentrates and mix your Mango Fandango?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty good and for the price i would go for this if you are after a good mango thats also very similar to Cushman

Chilled Pomberry Cococream - All Day Vapes
one-shot-chilled-pomberry-cococream-400x400.png

Chilled Pomberry Cococream

Additional Information:
  • Best mixed at 10% with 70vg/30pg
  • Steeping Time: Not stipulated by manufacturer
  • Bottle: 10ml Bottle
  • Made by : All Day Vapes
  • Cost – R65 for 10ml @ Vapediy.co.za
  • Makeable Amount – 100ml from 10% as recommended from 10ml
Testing Equipment Used:
  • Coil Power: Mesh 0.17Ohm

Smell:
A sweet berry note that almost reminds me of the red halls you get but not 100% exactly the same. More berry than Cherry.

Drop Taste:
Not that sweet but the cooling immediately grabs your attention with a berry type flavor which i guess is pomegranate. Not much or any coconut cream is tasted and the overall taste isnt sweet yet.

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
Very cool red Halls sweet type flavor but instead of cherry you get the berry like flavor with pomegranate with no coconut at this stage. Flavor seems muted ant not sweet at all with an almost overpowering ice to it.

After some steeping, the profile has improved but still not very sweet which isnt a bad thing but i personally think the profile would have stood out better with a hint more sweetener. I still do not get any coconut notes from the profile. The ice is very similar to sucking on a halls sweet with the cooling going into you nose and throat. On exhale it seems you get a slight creaminess to the profile but not much, it almost just breaks the iciness.

Taste and flavor notes
The profile isnt bad overall, to me the flavors just seems muted or not strong enough to compete with the ice in the juice. You do get the red Halls throat sweets flavor or similar but with more berry notes than cherry but to me its very similar. The profile could defnitely be sweeter and would possibly brighten the flavors but its also good like it is. On inhale you are greeted with the ice and slight sweetness, on exhale you experience a sort of sour sweetness.

The profile isnt bad, it is vapeble but as mentioned seems slightly muted to me in the Mesh, Dual coil and RDA.

Recommended RDA/RTA/Subohm:
I personally vaped it mostly in the MESH and seems to provide a better clearer taste, with my dual coil i battled.

Color after steeping:
After two weeks the color is similar to 1 on the chart. This obviously depends on the nicotine used. Spyder nic is dark so with other nic it might stay clear.

Rating out of 10 points : 4/10
Will i recommend it: Perhaps, Not sure
Would i buy it again: Not for me no

Thanks to @YeOldeOke for providing this One Shot to review, More will follow shortly

Drip Hacks - Heizenblezzard One Shot

drip-hacks-heizenblezzard-p18-750_medium_d824d8c2-c622-4ef8-931b-af5bc24deb70_360x.png

Blue Raspberry, Aniseed and Koolada WS-23.

Additional Information:
  • Best mixed at 15 - 20% with 70vg/30pg
  • Cost – R120 for 10ml @ BLCK Vapour
  • Makeable Amount – 150ml from 20% as recommended from 10ml
Testing Equipment Used:

Smell:
The smell is a very sweet almost perfumy note that is fruity but not specific to any fruit is noted from the smell.

Drop Taste:
From the drop i get alot of licorice with a taste simular to sambuca if you have had the famous shooter. The profile gives a nice ice and cools your throat but also has a slight bitter after taste from the licorice

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
Muted but slight sweet fruit/raspberry flavor on inhale with some ice and then a weird type of taste is experienced on exhale which i take is from the aniseed. Steep is required as you cannot really put your finger on the profile at this point.

After some steeping the profile blends together forming a nice fruity profile with the licorice on the back of the flavor. After a week steeping the flavor is much better than SNV.

Taste and flavor notes
This is a fruity berry type flavor that is difficult to pinpoint but you get a mixed fruit flavor with notes of blue raspberry accompanied by the aniseed which blends with the fruit making the flavor a fruity black licorice type profile. This is a complex profile and its difficult to recognize the different fruits used but it is definite berry's of sorts.

Drip Hacks dont seem to dissapoint at all as all of their juices are of top quality and good flavor thats not overly sweet and also does not easly gunk up coils. The juice is smooth and easy to vape and most fruit lovers will love this profile.

RTA and RDA are both great

Color after steeping:
After 3 weeks the coloer is around a 2 on the color chart.

Rating out of 10 points : 7/10
Will i recommend it: Yes
Would i buy it again: I might

Drip Hacks - Butterboy

drip-hacks-butter-boy-p244-737_medium_69bb1a3c-83a4-4886-9201-50d2353fb357_1024x1024@2x.png

An incredibly rich Butterscotch custard with notes of vanilla and meringue. If you thought Creméux was rich and decadent then prepare to be delighted.

Additional Information:
Testing Equipment Used:

Smell:
Butterscotch! Butterscotch! Butterscotch! Butterscotch! This absolutely smells define! You get loads of Butterscotch with a slight custard note that is smells very sweet.

Drop Taste:
This is a very sweet syrup like buttery butterscotch custard taste

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
Slightly sweet custard with lots of butter and butterscotch candy flavors but this guy def needs a steep as recommended of 4 weeks! its not bad but not great yet.

6 week Steep Notes
So gave this several shakes while steeping in the cuboard for 6 weeks! Color changed to a nice deep golden brown. When vaping this profile now compared to SNV it is worlds apart. On inhale you are greeted with a sweet butterscotch flavor profile that is buttery and rich and then on the end and exhale you get a nice complex custard that is thick and smooth.

Taste and flavor notes
This is a really good custard profile giving a thick authentic custard feel with the butterscotch filling the holes. The butterscotch does seem a little sweet and is perfect for the sweet tooth but might get a little too much for an ADV.

Excellent profile and quality in layering the profile and making a complex custard that is seriously good! Im not disappointed at all with this.

Color after steeping:
After 4 weeks the color is around a 4 on the color chart.

Would i buy it again: Absolutely

Drip Hacks - Blue Slush One Shot

drip-hacks-blue-slush-p211-753_medium_2ddd179c-607d-49a7-a91b-324bcb719d8e_1024x1024@2x.png

A ripe blue raspberry candy slush, Sweet, just like the real thing.

Additional Information:
Testing Equipment Used:

Smell:
Raspberry notes that are sweet, not much else.

Drop Taste:
From the drop i get raspberry with some ice that is nice and sweet without any weird tastes.

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
Sweet on inhale with that distinct raspberry lolipop type flavor or those blue slushies at the movies. This seems great at SNV and dont get much muting it seems.

7 Days to 3 week As Recommended - Steep Notes
After a week steeping, the profile did not really change much as from the SNV, i would say it just tastes a little smoother and blended better it seems but profile is the same. After 3 weeks i note that the juice seems darker that the first week but the flavor is only a little sweeter.

Taste and flavor notes
This isnt a very complex profile and on inhale you are simply greeted with the blue raspberry profile with some ice. On exhale the raspberry is more pronounced and very similar to inhale.

JSnBZ5J.jpg

Good quality profile, sweet and great for an ADV.

RDA/RTA and pod, works great on all

Color after steeping:
After 1 week the color is around a 1 on the color chart.

Rating out of 10 points : 7/10
Would i buy it again: I might, Not sure.

@StompieZA thanks for the review on Cryo Mango -

I bought it last week when Blck Vapour was doing some orders (luckily ordered as soon as they opened) -

I mostly vape Mango + ice (heavy icey) juices - and to be honest, I something different.

The juice has been steeping for 3 days now - vaping it now, but it tastes like a custard undertone mango ice flavour - hope it gets sweeter/better with time .

It's not bad, my better half loves it - it's just not the type of mango juices we get in South Africa (CBE Double Mango vibes) - it's definitely something different from the norm.

Looking forward to your other review. Thanks!

Vape-DIY-logo.png
one-shot-chilled-red-berries.PNG

Red Chilled Berries

Additional Information:
  • Cost – R120 for 10ml @ Vape DIY (All Day Vapes @YeOldeOke )
Testing Equipment Used:

Smell:
The smell of a sweet red menthol sweet like halls comes to mind

Drop Taste:
Not too sweet red cherry and berry flavor with a good amount of menthol.

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
This berry is good to go on a SNV IMO, Its a very bright red berry and cherry thats very similar to sucking on a red halls throat lozenges with the same amount of menthol that hits your throat and almost opens your nasal passage. The profile isnt overly sweet and the menthol might be a tad strong for some.

Steeped the liquid and tested it over a week daily and didnt really notice much change as compared to the SNV. The Berries might had smoothed out a little but the profile stays the same.

Taste and flavor notes
As mentioned, this truly reminds me of the below Red cherry halls. It has the same profile wiht the same type of menthol. Vaping this profile will make you think you are sucking on one of these well known square sweets and will leave your sinuses feeling open and leaving your throat nice and cool. The juice isnt overly sweet at all and will make for a perfect ADV for those menthol lovers.
silo-60025265-front-274685_400Wx400H

Overall im happy with the quality of this particular juice, its tasty and because it reminds you of a familiar sweet it just makes it taste so much better.

In the RDA the menthol was a tad too strong for me, i preferred it in the RTA.

Color after steeping:
After 1 week the color is around a 0 to 1 on the color chart.

Rating out of 10 points : 6/10
Would i buy it again: Yes​

Vape-DIY-logo.png

one-shot-forest-berry-yogurt-panna-cotta.PNG

Forest Berry Yogurt Pannacotta

Additional Information:
  • Cost – R80 for 10ml @ Vape DIY (All Day Vapes @YeOldeOke )
Testing Equipment Used:

Smell:
Berry like sweet flavor with hints of a slight sour yogurt type note. It smells alot like the Red Berries but not as prominent.

Drop Taste:
From the drop test i get a good amount of berries from blueberry mixed with raspberry and a slight yogurt soury taste.

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
SNV isnt all bad and the profile is vapable but not all there yet. The notes of berries are good but the panacotta aint coming through much yet. I can get the thickness and slight "Milkyness" but its not in your face and the berries are dominant here.

Gave this baby a week steep and the pannacotta is starting to shine much better. You do get this slight soury taste from the yogurt that gives a good fullness and thickness to the profile but to me the berries are the main focus point. Its more of a mixed berry as to a profile where i can distinctively point out the Blueberry, Raspberry and Blackcurrant berry from the picture. Very similar to the "Forest Berry Mix" from CAP one gets that is mixed with a smooth Yogurt Pannacotta.

Taste and flavor notes
As the picture above demonstrates, this is a mixed forrest dark berry that isnt too sweet at all with a the type of plain yogurt pannacotta that provides a thick mouth feel instead of a plain fruit profile that lacks the thickness. The Yogurt does have the soury after taste but its not in your face. I think a little more sweetner would bump this profile into another level IMO.

Quality aint bad, i just feel that the yogurt pannacotta side is slightly too little or lacking, to me its like vaping a thick type of berry milk instead of an actual yogurt with berries ontop. It still tastes great though, dont get me wrong.

I find that in the RDA you get more of the finer flavors popping out.

Color after steeping:
After 1 week the color is around a 2 on the color chart.

Rating out of 10 points : 5/10
Will i recommend it: Not sure
Would i buy it again: No not for me.

Drip Hacks - Butterboy

drip-hacks-butter-boy-p244-737_medium_69bb1a3c-83a4-4886-9201-50d2353fb357_1024x1024@2x.png

An incredibly rich Butterscotch custard with notes of vanilla and meringue. If you thought Creméux was rich and decadent then prepare to be delighted.

Additional Information:
Testing Equipment Used:

Smell:
Butterscotch! Butterscotch! Butterscotch! Butterscotch! This absolutely smells define! You get loads of Butterscotch with a slight custard note that is smells very sweet.

Drop Taste:
This is a very sweet syrup like buttery butterscotch custard taste

Shake 'N Vape Notes:
Slightly sweet custard with lots of butter and butterscotch candy flavors but this guy def needs a steep as recommended of 4 weeks! its not bad but not great yet.

6 week Steep Notes
So gave this several shakes while steeping in the cuboard for 6 weeks! Color changed to a nice deep golden brown. When vaping this profile now compared to SNV it is worlds apart. On inhale you are greeted with a sweet butterscotch flavor profile that is buttery and rich and then on the end and exhale you get a nice complex custard that is thick and smooth.

Taste and flavor notes
This is a really good custard profile giving a thick authentic custard feel with the butterscotch filling the holes. The butterscotch does seem a little sweet and is perfect for the sweet tooth but might get a little too much for an ADV.

Excellent profile and quality in layering the profile and making a complex custard that is seriously good! Im not disappointed at all with this.

Color after steeping:
After 4 weeks the color is around a 4 on the color chart.

Would i buy it again: Absolutely

This sounds right up my alley. \Just to clarify if this was a finger error? "Makeable Amount – 150ml from 20% as recommended from 10ml"
Is it a 10 ml or 30 ml bottle?

This sounds right up my alley. \Just to clarify if this was a finger error? "Makeable Amount – 150ml from 20% as recommended from 10ml"
Is it a 10 ml or 30 ml bottle?

My apologies, this is a 30ml bottle.

This is a true winner, Really good but very sweet!

Hello everyone and a Merry Christmas to you all!! Was just wondering if anyone has bought from this online store before and if you have used some of their one shots. The prices are really good but thats what makes me doubtful if they will be any good.

http://e-liquid-concentrates.co.za/diy-e-liquid/one-shot-concentrates/quick-shots/

Hi @Juan_G ,

I have not bought from them personally, but they are one of the ECIGSSA Supporting Vendors with a sub-forum where you can direct questions to or get some info on what is available:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/e-liquid-concentrates/

The Kwik Shot range may seem 'cheap' compared to other branded quick shots, but that is likely due to the minimum starting volume of 10ml which on average will do around 50 - 60ml of e-liquid, up to 30ml that will provide around 150 to 200ml based on the recommended one-shot percentages.
Most of the common branded one shots are typically bottled in quantities to yield up to 200ml of the final product when mixed.

Welcome to 2021, yes i have been quite the past couple months due to work but we are back and i will be reviewing one shots or concentrates in collaboration with @Richio and BLCK Vapour.

I have received the below list of YY Concentrates that i will start to review.

Items

240_F_285066269_2qIBFPFJ8jnoNxcJ3I5k4gSKzYjq5v1y_compact_cropped.jpg

Aloe Concentrate (YY)
10ml

istockphoto-175511233-612x612_compact_cropped.jpg

Black Currant Concentrate (YY)
10ml

berry-blackberry-close-up-container-delicious-epicure-food-fruit-healthy-thumbnail_compact_cropped.jpg

Blackberry Concentrate (YY)
10ml

textured-background-many-chewing-gum-plates_146377-3495_compact_cropped.jpg

Bubblegum Concentrate (YY)
10ml

images_1_ec02458f-0fe5-4534-81de-62ff9731469a_compact_cropped.jpg

Deluxe Mango Concentrate (YY)
10ml

download_6_535a7b16-c0a8-482c-8db5-e4b27588f30e_compact_cropped.jpg

Dew Concentrate (YY)
10ml

images_6_93dcb3d0-eac0-4f2e-babb-201e9c8c0759_compact_cropped.jpg

Dragon Fruit Concentrate (YY)
10ml

istockphoto-495981396-612x612_compact_cropped.jpg

F. Grape Concentrate (YY)
10ml

240_F_86348797_DnEjpzN76M7RZ6Uh37opBomWgktJDEFG_compact_cropped.jpg

F. Orange Concentrate (YY)
10ml

different-wild-berries-black-bowls_88281-4276_compact_cropped.jpg

Forest Fruit Concentrate (YY)
10ml

assortment-multi-colored-marmalades_114579-20361_compact_cropped.jpg

Fruit Jelly Sweets Concentrate (YY)
10ml

istockphoto-184099853-612x612_compact_cropped.jpg

Grape Concentrate (YY)
10ml

apples-table_144627-6741_compact_cropped.jpg

H. Apple Concentrate (YY)
10ml

download_5_compact_cropped.jpg

Litchi Concentrate (YY)
10ml

images_3_b6ab532d-a9fc-4852-9619-4829a27312cb_compact_cropped.jpg

Madagascar Mango Concentrate (YY)
10ml

istockphoto-1160199541-612x612_compact_cropped.jpg

Mango Concentrate (YY)
10ml

images_1_f89c355e-e126-4e90-a661-229e7d3f3122_compact_cropped.jpg

Spanish Mango Concentrate (YY)
10ml

images_2_b89ac523-444d-4d1e-8fce-66e855b6f832_compact_cropped.jpg

Thai Mango Concentrate (YY)
10ml

istockphoto-920033090-612x612_compact_cropped.jpg

White Fizz Concentrate (YY)
10ml

IMG_20201118_144205_compact_cropped.png

White Rabbit Concentrate (YY)
10ml

These concentrate reviews will be mixed at a set % as singular stand alone flavors and i will provide feedback and notes on these.

Cheers guys!

If you have been eyeing a juice, Concentrate or one shot for a while but not sure if you should spend the cash, Post them in this thread and im sure between myself and @Richio can make a plan.

Just a question;

I have bought premixed PG+VG, nicotine and a Strawberry Milkshake one shot from Vape Hyper. Steeping tie should be 1 week but I have left it for over a month. When I eventually did vape it it just tastes terrible and soap-like.

I double checked the ratio I used and all is well, could it be from over-steeping?

Just a question;

I have bought premixed PG+VG, nicotine and a Strawberry Milkshake one shot from Vape Hyper. Steeping tie should be 1 week but I have left it for over a month. When I eventually did vape it it just tastes terrible and soap-like.

I double checked the ratio I used and all is well, could it be from over-steeping?

My honest opinion....Not all one Shots are great and will end up tasting like a shop bought juice. If after a month its not great then its the one shot thats probably not wow.

Welcome to 2021, yes i have been quite the past couple months due to work but we are back and i will be reviewing one shots or concentrates in collaboration with @Richio and BLCK Vapour.

I have received the below list of YY Concentrates that i will start to review.

These concentrate reviews will be mixed at a set % as singular stand alone flavors and i will provide feedback and notes on these.

Cheers guys!
Very curious about these YY concentrates. Saw them the other day and contemplating getting some, but some feedback upfront will always be welcome.

Just a question;

I agree with @StompieZA, some one shots are just kak!!

So i could not resist as i just love the chinese white rabbit soft white candy sweets.

I mixed up 30ml at 3% and immediately filled my Zeus mesh Rta.

All i can say is the flavor is spot on and already tastes eactly like eating one and getting that after taste. This is not the actual review but i could not wait to start posting something.

Now im super excited to get to the others but first, this 30ml is gonna kak

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

Back