Please share the knowledge with regards to ohms...

KingSize

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey all

So I'm possibly going to get my hands on my first mech mod in the next few days.

I have done some research on Ohms law and all that but I just want to make sure that I understand it all before blowing my face off...

I will probably be using an LG Chocolate battery or a Pinkie - it is a squonk mod so its single 18650...

If I use the LG Chocolate which I think is a 20amp battery - whats the lowest safest Ni80 build that I can do? Do the Pinkie batteries have the same Amperage? I have re-wrapped my chocolate and my pinkie...

I also have 2 AWT batteries which are 40Amps...

Any shared knowledge will be most appreciated!

Thanks

Hey all

So I'm possibly going to get my hands on my first mech mod in the next few days.

I have done some research on Ohms law and all that but I just want to make sure that I understand it all before blowing my face off...

I will probably be using an LG Chocolate battery or a Pinkie - it is a squonk mod so its single 18650...

If I use the LG Chocolate which I think is a 20amp battery - whats the lowest safest Ni80 build that I can do? Do the Pinkie batteries have the same Amperage? I have re-wrapped my chocolate and my pinkie...

I also have 2 AWT batteries which are 40Amps...

Any shared knowledge will be most appreciated!

Thanks

First of all, NO battery is 40amps or even 30 amps for that matter. Please read here https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/mooch.256958/

You will find it hard to find a battery that has continuous current of more than 20-25 amps. For a 20 amp battery a 0.25 ohm build is quite safe, but if you go lower than that, then you start approaching the limit of the battery and risk it heating up and venting. For lower builds than that, you need to have a dual battery device that is wired/set up in parallel so the batteries can share the load, but the voltage will still be 4.2 volts.

Check out Steam-Engine.org http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp on ohms law and what coils to build for specific current draws.

thanks @zadiac! I have been building coils for a while now on my regulated mods and I like the performance of a coil / build which comes out at 0.3-0.4 ohms... so I will probably aim for 0.35ohms...

If I do get the mod its just a basic squonker - the Scans KUI, so its a single battery mod.

So you recon I'd be safe building 0.35ohms with my batteries?

Shot alot

Also, I know that it is recommended that one uses an Ohm reader to build for mech mods but I don't want to buy one unnecessarily... can I just put it onto one of my regulated mods to read the ohms? Is it safe enough to do that?

Yes you can do that. You will be safe with a 0.35 ohm coil.

Thanks again bro - just so we're on the same page - it will be a dual coil build coming out at 0.35ohms..... all good right?

Another question - when I was starting to build coils I would sometimes get it wrong and the coil would touch the inside of the chimney... I will obviously only use a RDA on the mech mod but theoretically, if a coil touched a chimney or a post on a mech mod would it go bang?

Wooooo.
You think a LG HG2 is 20amp.

Also I wouldn't use those batteries for a high drain mech mod.

Also what type of wire have you been using.

What is a hybrid mech mod

I got give so much grief when I started asking about my first mech mod.

I've even made a Excel sheel to not only help me.
But also understand
Wire thickness factor in terms of volt drop on a 2 strand parrallel build compared to 1st rand parrallel build.

Wooooo.
You think a LG HG2 is 20amp. - That's what it says...

Also I wouldn't use those batteries for a high drain mech mod. - So what should I use?

Also what type of wire have you been using. - SS316L 26g or 28g & NiCrome80 26g

What is a hybrid mech mod - I don't know

I got give so much grief when I started asking about my first mech mod.

I've even made a Excel sheel to not only help me.
But also understand
Wire thickness factor in terms of volt drop on a 2 strand parrallel build compared to 1st rand parrallel build.

Sure sure.

Have you seen the 18650 Mooch chart.
Latest was 23 6 2016.

Also only use Sony or Samsung for mech use.

Sony vtc3 / 4 / 5
Samsung 25r n smurfs
They all put out 20amp safely
Much better then the LG Hg2 I have found.

Yea don't let the Coil touch the posts or chimneys

Sure sure.

Have you seen the 18650 Mooch chart.
Latest was 23 6 2016.

Also only use Sony or Samsung for mech use.

Sony vtc3 / 4 / 5
Samsung 25r n smurfs
They all put out 20amp safely
Much better then the LG Hg2 I have found.

Yea don't let the Coil touch the posts or chimneys

Thanks bud - I have a pink battery, that's a Samsung one right? I also have some AWT batteries...

Awt batteries
Red or yelliw or purple @ 25amp

Never used them

Pink Samsung is a 30Q @ 20amp

I have the red ones. They say 40amps even though more than one person has said that no battery can do that many amps....so why does it say that on the side?

My guess.
Manufacturer want the sales.

The only 40amp battery I know of
Is the Sony VTC3
But they have been discontinued

Ok... so u recon I only use the Samsung pinkie or the AWT in the mech mod? Even though I'm NOT building lower than 0.3ohm?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

With building so high (above 0.2ohm)
You will be getting long n cool hits.

Also always build Parrallel coils.
With 0.35ohm
Youll be getting 11amps which is 44watt on your single battery mech

My 1st set of coils on my SMPL was a 0.2ohm dual wrap build.

On the limit of the 20amp range.
But yet I'm only getting 64 watts
With a load of 16amps

Attachments

• 20160622_232201.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
I like long and cool hits so I suppose 0.35ohms will be good AND SAFE for me :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

post image of MOD - i know sir vape sells them for 200 buck.
but just be sure and safe that you wanna go mech.

is this it

Attachments

• sku_28335_5.jpg
    sku_28335_5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 34
  • sku_28335_1_small.jpg
    sku_28335_1_small.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 34
  • sku_28335_2_small.jpg
    sku_28335_2_small.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 34
  • sku_28335_3_small.jpg
    sku_28335_3_small.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 34
I just really want to try a squonker - have been vaping for 2 years now and building my own coils for over a year always on regulated mods. I think I understand that if I just don't build too low (I won't go lower than 0.3Ohms if I can help it), and I use safe reputable batteries I should be fine...

Someone has offered to give me their Scans KUI for free so I'm taking them up on the offer but just making sure that I know what I'm doing first :)

RDA ive wanted a LUSH becoz of the holes on the side.
i have my twisted messes sq v2 and velocity they are really nice im happy.

I actually don't like RDA's because I chain vape and don't want to drip every few pulls.... So I'm really into RTAs - got a subtank, Aromamizer V1 and a Goblin mini v2.

Squonk squonk

Back