Pod systems as good as cue

Reaper

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hey guys,
On and off cigs and vape,,but really wanna get off the cigs,,so far the cue for me is the closet feel to cigs, but want to get different Flavours.

I see the three different pos systems out there and not to expensive,,
Looking for one where the draw would be equal to cue and also not to much vapour production,,as I would use it in my office,

I been reading up and my. Hooves would be between
Smok infinix
Smok novo
Vaporeso zero.

Any suggestions
Thx

Hey guys ,,I am concerned about a pod and using nic salts,,if I use a pod with mayb 6mg nic would I still get that throat hit ,or would you all suggest going with nic salts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If depend on the juice, i get slight throat hit with certain 6mg but for the most part they dont come anywhere near the throat sensation of nic salts. This is in the pod system.

I use nic salts in my pod and vape normal 3mg in a rta/rda i vape the 3mg allot then i take 1 or 2 hits of the nic salts and it sets me straight. You dont want to overdose on nicotine so thats why i use multiple devices.

I am thinking Renova would be a good idea fill one pod with nic salts and the other with something else that way you can easily swap between Flavours

f50edf082cf8dad7b15d218a82e40b1e.jpg

So took the leap and went with the zero.
Got the exclamation sal nic juice,was the lowest nic I could find at 20mg

First impressions ,.its small and very stealthy,
Flavour is good,very good,
The draw ain’t as tight as cue but it’s ok,

Only problem I have is that at 20mg the throat hit is very minimal..

Not sure if I should charge device,since the vendors say it’s fully charged already,
I am concerned I may have to move to stronger nicotine concentration to get that hit .

Will charge device and give more fees back.

So far I am happy,,

Not sure if I should charge device,since the vendors say it’s fully charged already,
I am concerned I may have to move to stronger nicotine concentration to get that hit .

So far I am happy,,

The ZERO has 3 power modes. 3 click of the button to change intensity.

Green LED when Button is pressed: 12w
Blue LED when Button is pressed : 10.5w
Red LED when Button is pressed: 9w

One thing to note is that the charge time is roughly 45 minutes. The LED when charging the device doesn't go off so just keep that in mind.

If the LED is green when vaping then that means your battery life is above 70%

Back to your question on nicotine salt strength. I would recommend that you head over to Vapour Mountain and do a custom flavor. @Oupa allows you custom make a juice according to your needs. My personal favorite is Red Pill (Litchi + Menthol with a dash of ice) You can customise it to a 50VG/50PG ratio and choose 18mg nic (normal nicotine). This is much cheaper than buying nicotine salt Eliquids.

The reason for this is that you want that throat hit and salts minimise throat hit significantly. I use a 35mg Salt e-liquid in mine and even at 35mg I don't find it quite strong. An 18mg (normal nicotine) juice has more of a throat hit than the 35mg for me. I can imagine how 'weak' you are probably finding that 20mg juice. Nicotine salt Eliquids provide you with the nicotine fix but they don't give the satisfying throat hit that you are looking for unless you go up in strength to maybe 35mg or 50mg.

Hi @Reaper
I agree with @daniel craig above
Try some 18mg normal nic juice in there. I am sure you wilk find it has a better throat hit.
I too found nic salts to have very low throat hit.

If you like menthol and you are buying from Vapour Mountain get a bottle or two of his VM menthol concentrate. You can add a few drops of it into a tank of juice to up the menthol. It also helps with the throat hit.

So far I am happy,,

Very good choice you made.I'm enjoying mine too. 3mg juice is light so I got the liqua 12mg to try that specific thing your looking for.
Its medium ,but two drags fill that void.the problem is it drains the battery faster.
I had an excellent Vape on 18mg twisp liquid ,even the pure range that has no pg.
So a normal 18mg juice should do the trick for you.

Another thing if you hold the power button the colours that @Daniel described on the led gives you the amount of power left.green also full,blue also half and red is low battery life.
That button also switches the mod on and off

The ZERO has 3 power modes. 3 click of the button to change intensity.

Green LED when Button is pressed: 12w
Blue LED when Button is pressed : 10.5w
Red LED when Button is pressed: 9w

One thing to note is that the charge time is roughly 45 minutes. The LED when charging the device doesn't go off so just keep that in mind.

If the LED is green when vaping then that means your battery life is above 70%

Back to your question on nicotine salt strength. I would recommend that you head over to Vapour Mountain and do a custom flavor. @Oupa allows you custom make a juice according to your needs. My personal favorite is Red Pill (Litchi + Menthol with a dash of ice) You can customise it to a 50VG/50PG ratio and choose 18mg nic (normal nicotine). This is much cheaper than buying nicotine salt Eliquids.

The reason for this is that you want that throat hit and salts minimise throat hit significantly. I use a 35mg Salt e-liquid in mine and even at 35mg I don't find it quite strong. An 18mg (normal nicotine) juice has more of a throat hit than the 35mg for me. I can imagine how 'weak' you are probably finding that 20mg juice. Nicotine salt Eliquids provide you with the nicotine fix but they don't give the satisfying throat hit that you are looking for unless you go up in strength to maybe 35mg or 50mg.

About the power setting,,I thought nic salts should not be Vaped above 10w,,so should I just vape it at the lowest setting,,??

And I do have a bootle of Twisp 18mg cherry and I bought extra pods,,mayb I should try that just to experiment.

I must say even thou the throat hit ain’t there the “lus” for a cigg is way down ,,just had one cuz of habit..

Ok I I tried the Twisp cherry 18mg,,throat hit so much better ,, but the Flavour is dull compared to the Nic Salt,,

Could it just be a bad Flavour?

Will def try to get other 18mg Flavour to try out

About the power setting,,I thought nic salts should not be Vaped above 10w,,so should I just vape it at the lowest setting,,??

And I do have a bootle of Twisp 18mg cherry and I bought extra pods,,mayb I should try that just to experiment.

I must say even thou the throat hit ain’t there the “lus” for a cigg is way down ,,just had one cuz of habit..

No, Nicotine salts should not be used in Sub-ohm tanks due to their strength however, 3mg nicotine salt Eliquids can be found which can be used in Sub-ohm tanks.

At 10w, the temperature isn't very high and therefore its pretty safe. I don't think the 'Stay below 10w' is a rule. Its merely a guideline as there are other factors to consider which make this pointless. Temperature is what's important, not wattage.

Give the Twisp Cherry 18mg a try. It should give you a pretty decent throat hit. If you like the throat hit of the 18mg then you can go the VM route or the Twisp route.

No, Nicotine salts should not be used in Sub-ohm tanks due to their strength however, 3mg nicotine salt Eliquids can be found which can be used in Sub-ohm tanks.

At 10w, the temperature isn't very high and therefore its pretty safe. I don't think the 'Stay below 10w' is a rule. Its merely a guideline as there are other factors to consider which make this pointless. Temperature is what's important, not wattage.

Give the Twisp Cherry 18mg a try. It should give you a pretty decent throat hit. If you like the throat hit of the 18mg then you can go the VM route or the Twisp route.

That’s just my question ,on the highest setting the zero is 12,5w hence y I am asking,

The 18mg works ,now just need to get me a decent Flavour,,
Thx for all the input

Here's an article about nicotine salts. I'm assuming you read up about the 10w rule when looking at the safety aspects of salts:

FREEBASE OR NICOTINE SALT - WHICH IS SAFER?

There has always been a debate about the safety of vaporizers compared to traditional cigarettes, and while vaporizers have always won out, some may still want the safest e-liquid available. So is it the ones that use freebase nicotine or the ones that use nicotine salt?

Unfortunately, the answer remains unclear, but as of right now freebase seems to be the safest option. Of course, this is likely because we know much more about it.

Unlike traditional cigarettes that use ammonia to alter nicotine so it is better absorbed into the body, e-liquid has the benefit of being able to naturally extract nicotine from tobacco in a lab. After all, e-liquid just needs the nicotine, not the leaves that make up a cigarette. Some companies may even use synthesized freebase nicotine, but that is still fairly rare because of its price tag. This means the freebase nicotine in e-liquids doesn't use the same ammonia or other additives in cigarettes. Right now, there are no studies linking this pure form of nicotine to cancer caused by cigarette smoke, and thus it is considered safe to inhale.

Alternatively, the benzoic acid used during creation presents the major concern of nicotine salt. Although an organic compound extracted from plants, benzoic acid is primarily used as a preservative in food and in cosmetics. Some might be more familiar with its use in acne medications as well. In acne creams, there is a concern that benzoic acid causes skin irritation. However, that is typically only an issue because it is used in higher amounts. In nicotine salts, the amount of benzoic acid is very small compared to its levels as a food preservative or a face cream.

As nicotine salts are still so new to the industry, there haven't really been many studies on it and its potential affect. In fact, the main worry is not any side effects from the benzoic acid, but rather the increased likelihood of a nicotine overdose occurring since the nicotine in e-liquids that use nicotine salts is often much higher. Nicotine overdose is a worry for freebase e-liquids as well, since nicotine can be absorbed through the skin as well. What a higher nicotine value means is that it takes less absorbed through the skin or ingested to cause an overdose. For those with kids, that can be a huge worry if they find your vape liquid storage.

Ok I I tried the Twisp cherry 18mg,,throat hit so much better ,, but the Flavour is dull compared to the Nic Salt,,

Could it just be a bad Flavour?

Will def try to get other 18mg Flavour to try out

How old is that juice? I haven't used Twisp's juices in a while. What is the VG/PG ratio of it?

No idea what the of/vg ratio is,,was just experiment ,,had a extra pod,so just messed around with it .

No idea what the of/vg ratio is,,was just experiment ,,had a extra pod,so just messed around with it .

If its not 50/50, that would explain why the flavor is dull. Have you used Cherry (the same one you have now) before? The last time I had cherry (some years ago) it wasn't a very good flavor.

By dull do you mean 'light' in flavor, 'dry' (as in not wicking properly) or not tasting good?

If its not 50/50, that would explain why the flavor is dull. Have you used Cherry (the same one you have now) before? The last time I had cherry (some years ago) it wasn't a very good flavor.

By dull do you mean 'light' in flavor, 'dry' (as in not wicking properly) or not tasting good?

I mean light in Flavour ,,but was just to check the throat hit,,

Think I will contact VM and ask them if they can make VM4 and Red pill in 50/50 and 18mg

Damn bro.I had excellent flavour and throat hit on twisp juice hence me recommended it.
We'll hope you get a juice that works for you or try the diy option and experiment.

Damn bro.I had excellent flavour and throat hit on twisp juice hence me recommended it.
Well hope you get a juice that works for you or try the diy option and experiment

The throat hit was there,,just the Flavour was dull,,like I said ,it mayb the cherry Flavour,,which one did you use?

The throat hit was there,,just the Flavour was dull,,like I said ,it mayb the cherry Flavour,,which one did you use?

I had the mentha pure.no PG.
Spearmint and it was awesome. I had the best flavour of all mods and pods I used it in.

Hey guys ,,I am concerned about a pod and using nic salts,,if I use a pod with mayb 6mg nic would I still get that throat hit ,or would you all suggest going with nic salts?

Unfortunately you learned the hard way after buying the nic salts. But if you looking for that distinct throat hit then nic salts is not your alley.

Whilst they deliver throat hit for some, nic salts are specially designed to eliminate throat hit. Whilst its still there to a small extent, I seek that hard but not harsh kick at each pull...maybe you are as well. Freebase is your answer and yes, you can use freebase in almost any pod device, if they can be filled then you can use freebase. The mix is more important and at 50/50 is the best bet for many pod devices so it wicks efficiently. I also went onto nic salts shortly after the Cue and felt no hit and although my nic satisfaction was sorted, I vaped more n more seeking that throat hit feeling which I never got but just vaped too much nic salts. Those amounts of nic weren't kind to me!

10-12mg is were im at now and I vape less, 2ml max a day if not slightly less of just the Siren only. No other devices or tanks.

Back