ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Sigh. Second time in a row. This is just decanted from a new bottle:

333eedfd0b26b9b330b8da52e0f6c5bb.jpg
34d48c65f77b5f6c75d71b147eeb56ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

100mg? I honestly dont see a issue :)

I dont know what it smells and tastes like though, iv had 100mg that almost resembles honey with no odour or off taste and almost clear (like yours) that smells like socks and tastes like pepper

Last edited:
If it was 100,sure. But that is 36.
Smells like a fishmonger's storeroom.

Usually my 100 is darkish, but a bit lighter than that. My 36s are almost always clear, just sliiightly off-colour.

If it was 100,sure. But that is 36.
Smells like a fishmonger's storeroom.

Usually my 100 is darkish, but a bit lighter than that. My 36s are almost always clear, just sliiightly off-colour.

Thats a bummer man , how old is it? Kept in a freezer?

Received maybe 3 days ago I think. Had the same problem with the batch before, too. Problem is we're not spoiled for choice when it comes to nic manufacturers in SA.

Its tough to judge based on colour. 100MG can be almost clear but as it matures it goes slightly darker. If the nicotine smells then there is something wrong. Nicotine should have basically no smell.

Received maybe 3 days ago I think. Had the same problem with the batch before, too. Problem is we're not spoiled for choice when it comes to nic manufacturers in SA.

There's Steam Masters Nic by Sir Vape, TFM carries their own Nic, Skyblue also sells imported Nic.

Its tough to judge based on colour. 100MG can be almost clear but as it matures it goes slightly darker. If the nicotine smells then there is something wrong. Nicotine should have basically no smell.
Sorry, meant to reply earlier. Well, it depends what you define as smell. If the unpleasant smell is wafting from the bottle, then it's a write-off. But if you have to squeeze the bottle to get the odour and then only detect it as slightly fishy, it's pretty much how it's supposed to smell. This one, however, smelled like a snoek left on a Datsun's bonnet in February.

PS: It has to be said that this thread was a rant aimed at PrimeNic and NOT at the vendor, who has been extremely helpful with this (as always).

How would rate the nic from these suppliers?

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk
I can vouch for all of these guys. The quality is excellent and is even used in some commercial juice lines. I know Sir Vape uses their own Steam Masters Nic for their juices so quality is definitely excellent. Skyblue does the same. TFM also supplies to some local guys and the reviews are great. If you ever have a problem with a purchase from these guys, they'll sort it out without hesitation.

I can vouch for all of these guys. The quality is excellent and is even used in some commercial juice lines. I know Sir Vape uses their own Steam Masters Nic for their juices so quality is definitely excellent. Skyblue does the same. TFM also supplies to some local guys and the reviews are great. If you ever have a problem with a purchase from these guys, they'll sort it out without hesitation.
Cool, thanks, will give them a try

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Maybe that explains why my DIY never tastes/feels as it should. Always feels harsh and juice goes dark very quickly.

Almost all of my Nic that i have purchased has had a very strong smell to it, even so that i smell it by just opening the bottle.

The last prime nic I got I actually suspect was higher concentrate than it stated, gave me such bad palpitations.

The last prime nic I got I actually suspect was higher concentrate than it stated, gave me such bad palpitations.
That happened to me too, once. Was supposed to be 36, was probably closer to 45-50.

That happened to me too, once. Was supposed to be 36, was probably closer to 45-50.

Yup, was absolutely horrendous experience. I thought maybe I hadn't mixed it up enough, so the next time I shook the all living shit out of the bottle, same thing, stuck with my heart trying to rip out of my chest for the next couple of hours.

Been through many litres of prime nic and never had a problem.

You don't know how long the vendor had that bottle on their shelf and what type of temperature it was stored at.

Been through many litres of prime nic and never had a problem.

You don't know how long the vendor had that bottle on their shelf and what type of temperature it was stored at.
The vendor can have the bottle on the shelf for 21 years in direct sunlight and while it would ruin the nic completely, it still wouldn't make the nicotine increase in strength.

On this topic does anyone know where to get a nicotine titration kit?.

Alternatively does anyone know where to get...
.12n sulphuric acid
Bromothymol blue

On this topic does anyone know where to get a nicotine titration kit?.

Alternatively does anyone know where to get...
.12n sulphuric acid
Bromothymol blue

Try http://experilab.co.za/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=808

They seem to have only 98% Sulphuric acid but they may help with sourcing it.
http://experilab.co.za/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_136_152&products_id=771

Or try swimming pool supplies or pet shop (aquarium)

Or dilute yourself
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/diluting-37-sulfuric-acid-to-0-12-normality.620608/

We use a lot of Prime Nic. Direct from supplier. Never had anything but the best nic. I think Prime Nic should be given a chance to respond to this. The fault may be with them or it may not, as this nic appears to come from a vendor.

In fact, nic being the most expensive element in juice, we could save a lot of money importing our own, but we don't because the quality is hit and miss.

We use a lot of Prime Nic. Direct from supplier. Never had anything but the best nic. I think Prime Nic should be given a chance to respond to this. The fault may be with them or it may not, as this nic appears to come from a vendor.

In fact, nic being the most expensive element in juice, we could save a lot of money importing our own, but we don't because the quality is hit and miss.
Multiple vendors, not just one. To be honest, I find it hard to see how more than one vendor can strengthen and/or degrade nicotine that comes in a sealed bottle, but I digress.
I hear ya on the importing though. Wish we could get NudeNicotine imported in bulk, but as you say - it's hit and miss sometimes.

Nicotine degrades in VG, always buy in PG.
VG based nicotine kept in a cool dark place will outlast PG based nic stored in the sun.

Nicotine will degrade regardless of the carrier due to a number of variables rendering your rather terse comment moot in consumer sized quantities.

People should buy their nic in the carrier that suits their needs (and shaking endurance) best.

Back