Protank Performing badly suddenly

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
My protank for the last day has stopped working effectively. I have to drag hard to get could vapor production. Seems like it may be clogged or not firing correctly. Its only 1.5 weeks old?

How do you recommend cleaning it?

howsit Gizmo

have u taken one apart before?

there are tons of vids on youtube on how to clean them- its pretty easy.

have you maybe changed your juice which is maybe a lower vg ratio hence the lessor vapour production?

Could be a dudd coil. Allthough I normally would replace the coil at about 2 weeks. But then again, I vape about 6 - 8 ml's per day.
When Skyblue has coils again, stack up on a few.
As for cleaning...

If you have the version 1, simply remove the base, remove the coil, and soak in lukewarm water with the tank. rinse properly, and shake off excess water. Insert new coil, but do not throw away the old one. Fill, and then let it stand upright for 10 - 15 minutes before vaping. (always a good idea to have a few spare tanks)
when the new coil starts to taste funny, or show lack of performance, you can simply do the dryburn exercise with the previous coil that you have washed, that should be dry now.

It's a protank 2, let me change the coil and have a look quick.

dont forget to prime it with 1-2 drops before putting it back into the housing

hmm. A bit better, not astounding.. Its running at 2.3Ohms, is 4.2 too high a voltage?

While it's open, just give the tank a quick rince.
Hope it gets better. Nothing worse than having a bad vape day.
My coil got burnt on my way to work. It was in my back pack, and vibrations from the motorcycle or something must have unlocked the SVD. THen a few hits without air, and the coil is bust.

Lucky I have the RSST here as well.

hmm. A bit better, not astounding.. Its running at 2.3Ohms, is 4.2 too high a voltage?

i think they can handle between 3.7-4.2 without any hassle

Hmm, maybe I am just expecting too much from it.. So the RSST would be a good upgrade?

I think watching that video with all that vapor production is just making me itch for me.

Not at all. That is roughly 7.5 watts i think. What mod do you have? If it is a VW, set the wattage to about 8watt. You can lift the voltage a little more than that if you device allows.

Hmm, maybe I am just expecting too much from it.. So the RSST would be a good upgrade?

I think watching that video with all that vapor production is just making me itch for me.
That video I posted was an Ithaka tank. They are slightly expensive.
http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/111-the-gg/203-ithaka.html

There is nothing wrong with the protank. I still use 2 of them daily! Not sure what is happening there. What device is it, and how full is the battery?

Give the protank a good rinse in warm water - sometimes the air intake holes can become clogged with gunk
Our supplier is out of stock on Protank coils atm, but soon as they have we will order more.

In the mean time you can use your coils for quite a long time if you are willing to clean and dry burn them - I'm on 6 weeks with my current coil and it is still vaping fine

In the blog on our site is a tutorial for cleaning and dry burning your coils, it's meant for the EVOD, but the process for the protank is exactly the same

that does sound a wee bit strange as the protanks almost always have way too airy a draw. i know mine has. also i've noticed other peoples vaping always seems to produce more than your own ;)

that does sound a wee bit strange as the protanks almost always have way too airy a draw. i know mine has. also i've noticed other peoples vaping always seems to produce more than your own ;)

ive actually found that if i use the evod coil in my protank the draw is ALOT less airy.

I've noticed that too, and vice versa - a protank coil on an EVOD makes the EVOD more airy

EVOD coils might be a thing of the past soon though - the last batch of protank coils we ordered had 'For protank and EVOD' on the box

Wow Riaz you right!!! I just put a evod coil in soo much nice my word!

now the above is an nice little anyone friendly mod but you need several parts for it

an even easier draw mod using a wee bit of stainless steel mesh

and this one is i really want to try, using stainless steel mesh as the protanks wick. oooh yeah

Awesome!! Gonna try that last one tonight. Got an iAtty clone to rebuild, so might as well do this with some offcuts.

I found that 1.8ohm coils in the protank2 vapes beautiful. .... ita like a day and night difference to the 2.4ohm coil

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Interesting - next time we order coils I'll get some 1.8's and try them out

Derick I only use 1.8ohm coils. But kangertech only had evods with 2.2ohm coils on my last order they are actually good but I still prefer 1.8

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Back