Protank Performing badly suddenly

Cool, they are out of 2.2 at the moment :) - but next order we will do a mix batch, give people some options :)

Matching the coil to the type of battery to be used in my opinion is very very important. People do not realise that

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah, but Ohm's law can be very intimidating for beginners - so I tend not to want to overwhelm them when they first start.

Also a lot of people simply aren't interested in the more advanced side of vaping - they simply just want something to replace their analogs. So it's sometimes tough to see someone vaping and you know that they can have a much better experience, but they are just not interested

well my evic gives me the option of 3.7 and 4.2 V, haven't really noticed any big difference between the voltages but now i want to get my hands on one of those lower resistance coils for my protank to test it

Yeah, but Ohm's law can be very intimidating for beginners - so I tend not to want to overwhelm them when they first start.

Also a lot of people simply aren't interested in the more advanced side of vaping - they simply just want something to replace their analogs. So it's sometimes tough to see someone vaping and you know that they can have a much better experience, but they are just not interested

this is why we have you here Derick, please inform us

i personally havent experienced any difference in the 1.8 vs the 2.4 on my protank, besides the vapor production? am i missing something?

So it's sometimes tough to see someone vaping and you know that they can have a much better experience, but they are just not interested
Yip. I once showed a Greensmoke user how to refill his cart. He simply said wow, that's cool, but I will rather buy the cartridges. He also has no interest to go for something other than greensmoke. I showed him an ego, an itaste vv, and my svd. Greensmoke is all he is interested in. That's when I had they idea to show him how to refill it. That cart can handle 4 refills easy before it starts to gets a funky taste.
To each their own I guess.

i personally havent experienced any difference in the 1.8 vs the 2.4 on my protank, besides the vapor production? am i missing something?

People are different - everyone experiences vaping differently - personally I taste no difference between 1.8 and 2.2/2.2/2.5, but a lot of people do - they talk about how the vapour taste better and is thicker.

If you look at the science then yes, lower ohms will get hotter and thus produce more vapour, more vapour in your mouth means more of the flavour in your mouth. Up to a point of course - when it gets too hot, you start 'burning' the juice and you get a bad taste with the vapour.

Lower ohms also needs more power from your battery, so you need to make sure your battery can deliver the amps that your coil needs. If you pull too much amps from your battery it can really shorten the life or worst case scenario it can overheat and go into thermal runaway - eventually catching fire. Combine that with your battery sitting in a sealed metal tube... and boom.

I think my taste buds have just been scorched after 25 years of pack a day, - they did come back somewhat after I started vaping, but not enough for me to taste the differences between 1.8 and up.

Yip. I once showed a Greensmoke user how to refill his cart. He simply said wow, that's cool, but I will rather buy the cartridges. He also has no interest to go for something other than greensmoke. I showed him an ego, an itaste vv, and my svd. Greensmoke is all he is interested in. That's when I had they idea to show him how to refill it. That cart can handle 4 refills easy before it starts to gets a funky taste.
To each their own I guess.

Guy at work I converted, throws away his protank coils after a week of using - I've showed him to clean and dry burn it, but for him that is too much effort - he just chucks it after a week

Guy at work I converted, throws away his protank coils after a week of using - I've showed him to clean and dry burn it, but for him that is too much effort - he just chucks it after a week
Tell him to keep it, and then give them to you :)

I actually prefer the 2.4 evod coils to be honest. I just rebuilt a coil last night at 1.4ohms. 10 wraps in a microcoil fashion with cotton. Vaped lekker but then I had leaks. Turns out the silicone cup on the coil doesnt always seat nicely so I took another cup from a spare coil and put that on in reverse above the one that was already in place and its epic now

The thing a I cant stand about the protank is muted flavour...

Can I put a normal cotton ball in there instead?

Not a whole ball lol a very thin wick can be rolled with the cotton yes

wait hold on, cotton? been getting a very muted flavour from my protank 1 of late, even removed the one flavour wick and that made things a very little bit better. now i'm left wondering if i put enough flavouring in the mix or that i used the wrong VG maybe. hmmmm

my protank has been giving me ENDLESS problems the last two days. it keeps getting flooded. the juice is leaking into my mouth when i pull.

what could the issue be here? ive tried reversing the rubber housing, still doesnt work.

It's actually a crap product the protank. Gets clogged easily. Tasteless vapor. I am using a old evod tank on my SVD currently and running better for now. Waiting to try the iclear 16. Heard so good things

I dig the protank. I got a fix for your issue riaz. you actually need 2 of those gaskets that sit on the chimney. Leave the standard one as it is then put another upside down on the chimney. This will fix the gurgling and leaking issues. If you want a pic I can mail it to you.

ive actually got another one of those gaskets here.

lemme try it quick, will let you know now now

is it normal for the tank to be a little harder to screw on after this?

ok i used both gaskets now, and it seems to be working lovely!!!

taste is back

HAPPINESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

thanks eviltoy

pics on here of the 2 grommets combo would be nice. i'm more of a visual learner these days

Anytime boet. In my opinion they should have come out with thicker gaskets for the coils and 90% of the issues people had with them would be gone. Also they should have chosen a slightly better material for the gasket as it does shrink and expand when its cool or hot which causes the leaking etc

Back