Pulse 22 Bf RDA... interesting!

First impressions: feels like I'm vaping on a dual coil RDA. Clouds for days. Flavour is also right up there with the best of them. Smooth and swooshy airflow, and a lot of it. Squonk works amazingly - evenly wicks both sides, and no leaking or juice blocking airflow, no matter how much you squonk, which is unlike the Hadaly. The thing i love the most is that you can pop the top cap and just gooi your juice on without worrying about leaking. Way more versatile than Hadaly, and so much space to build
Definitely a hadaly killer for me, and i love my Hadaly.
a3b8d5193b5ca5a349bc856d8ffc24e0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@Andre don't forget to give us feedback once you've vaped on it.. Looking forward to your first impressions.

my concerns on a mech squonker - im aware of the tiny notch but if the top cap manages to rotate 10 degrees, you have a short (would like to see how secure the cap locks into the slot)

Can anyone confirm how secure the cap locks into the slot? It is the only thing that puts me off this RDA.

@Andre don't forget to give us feedback once you've vaped on it.. Looking forward to your first impressions.
And I did get to coil and wick it last week Wednesday @skola.

Around 5 wraps of Clapton Kanthal (26/32 gauge) on a 2.5 mm mandrel, which came out to 0.73 ohms. Ceramic wicking, which surprisingly stayed put in the juice wells and I did not have to do a slanted coil with wick only in one juice well. This is similar to the way I coil and wick (slanted wick here) most of my OL16s.

Over the few days I alternated the same two juices (fruity and a sweet coffee) between the Pulse and the OL16 at a modest 20W on my VT Inboxes.

From the Pulse I got more rounded and full flavours. And I discovered a new flavour note in the coffee juice. The OL16 gives sharper flavour, which I prefer. Certainly more clouds from the Pulse, even with just a small part of one air hole open on both sides - good for my MTL.

The OL16 is extremely oversquonk resistant, but the Pulse I dare say cannot be oversquonked - I tried.

The bigger size, compared to the OL16, took some time for me to get used to. Certainly not unbalanced on the VT Inbox.

Bottom line - a more affordable BF atty with great flavour and good for both DTL and MTL. Easy to build. Oversquonking impossible.

The Pulse will not replace my OL16s, but I like it and will probably use it for sweeter juices for that full, rounded flavour.

Some pictures:

pg4Odef.jpg

kJxIMng.jpg

kv11lpc.jpg

Last edited:

Around 5 wraps of Clapton Kanthal (26/32 gauge), which came out to 0.73 ohms. Ceramic wicking, which surprisingly stayed put in the juice wells and I did not have to do a slanted coil with wick only in one juice well. This is similar to the way I coil and wick (slanted wick here) most of my OL16s.

Over the few days I alternated the same two juices (fruity and a sweet coffee) between the Pulse and the OL16 at a modest 20W on my VT Inboxes.

From the Pulse I got more rounded and full flavours. And I discovered a new flavour note in the coffee juice. The OL16 gives sharper flavour, which I prefer. Certainly more clouds from the Pulse, even with just a small part of one air hole open on both sides - good for my MTL.

The OL16 is extremely oversquonk resistant, but the Pulse I dare say cannot be oversquonked - I tried.

The bigger size, compared to the OL16, took some time for me to get used to. Certainly not unbalanced on the VT Inbox.

Bottom line - a more affordable BF atty with great flavour and good for both DTL and MTL. Easy to build. Oversquonking impossible.

The Pulse will not replace my OL16s, but I like it and will probably use it for sweeter juices for that full, rounded flavour.

Some pictures:

pg4Odef.jpg

kJxIMng.jpg

kv11lpc.jpg
Thanks for the feedback @Andre! Those coils sit really high hey, to get the airflow in the right spot I guess.
What attracts me to the Pulse is the safety of not oversquonking. Something I have to constantly keep in mind when using the Hadaly when out and about, which is abit of a pain.
So a tick for flavour and a tick for price.. Hmmm and I see the sirs have an affordable squonker in!!

Around 5 wraps of Clapton Kanthal (26/32 gauge), which came out to 0.73 ohms. Ceramic wicking, which surprisingly stayed put in the juice wells and I did not have to do a slanted coil with wick only in one juice well. This is similar to the way I coil and wick (slanted wick here) most of my OL16s.

Some pictures:

pg4Odef.jpg

kJxIMng.jpg

kv11lpc.jpg

Nice to hear that you'll get some use out of the Pulse @Andre. Mine is getting used on a Reo Woodvil, and is making my DIY R&C a perfect vape.

But, comparing the Pulse to an O-16 is like comparing an apple to a strawberry IMO. ;)

apple-strawberry.jpg

Last edited:
I must take my hat off to Vandy Vapes...the pulse is an awesome atty for a single coil...loving it right now

Attachments

• IMG_20170622_203637.jpg
    IMG_20170622_203637.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 26
Finally got around to popping a coil and wick into the Pulse 22. I went for the coil close to the deck and next time I'll leave the legs a bit longer and keep the coil as is and not spaced like I have it this time... never ever use a spaced coil but I did it that way so the coil legs remained short. Pretty easy installation and wicking. Happy they give you a 510 drip tip adapter. Squonks beautifully and doubt you can over squonk and for me this is a big win! Clouds for days but the flavour for me is lacking... I think I need to try again with a compressed coil and longer legs with the coil higher up. Airflow for days and very quickly closed it off to only one hole either side... closing the single airholes to half improves the flavour a lot for me. But the flavour is lacking... I will let it settle and keep going for a few hours and see.
Pulese22 002.JPG Pulese22 004.JPG Pulese22 005.JPG Pulese22 006.JPG

The flavour is improving and I must say I'm impressed with this Squonking Atty but the flavour needs to improve... time will tell and maybe a higher coil.
Pulese22 007.JPG

That's the problem i had m8. I tried three of my best builds and it just did not deliver.
In every other aspect it is a great atty but the air just does not hit the underside of the coils resulting in loss of flavor.

Thanks @KZOR I was thinking I had done something wrong... the atty is great in every way except the one that is most important! :confused:

Thanks @KZOR I was thinking I had done something wrong... the atty is great in every way except the one that is most important! :confused:

I had the same issue until I saw in a review that the legs need to be around 13mm in length from top of coil to tip of leg. Made a world of difference. Not hadaly like flavor but the pro for me is the oversquonking bit and better airflow versatility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got around to popping a coil and wick into the Pulse 22. I went for the coil close to the deck and next time I'll leave the legs a bit longer and keep the coil as is and not spaced like I have it this time... never ever use a spaced coil but I did it that way so the coil legs remained short. Pretty easy installation and wicking. Happy they give you a 510 drip tip adapter. Squonks beautifully and doubt you can over squonk and for me this is a big win! Clouds for days but the flavour for me is lacking... I think I need to try again with a compressed coil and longer legs with the coil higher up. Airflow for days and very quickly closed it off to only one hole either side... closing the single airholes to half improves the flavour a lot for me. But the flavour is lacking... I will let it settle and keep going for a few hours and see.
View attachment 99402 View attachment 99403 View attachment 99404 View attachment 99405

The flavour is improving and I must say I'm impressed with this Squonking Atty but the flavour needs to improve... time will tell and maybe a higher coil.
View attachment 99406
On mine the coil sits quite high and the air hits the underside of the coil. Flavour is great - I prefer it for sweet juices as it gives a more rounded (less sharp) flavour.
pg4Odef.jpg

kJxIMng.jpg

@Rob Fisher @KZOR the coil needs to be higher...use the ultem tip to judge the length of the legs...basically this will position the top of ur coil just above the airflow so any air will hit the bottom of the coil...since coiling and wicking the pulse I have honestly mot been to put it down

Anoth
Another thing to consider @Rob Fisher , is to close the airflow even more, I see you closed on hole already, close the other one to half, it helped for me.

I know that but who wants to sit with a coil with 1.5 cm legs .... looks ridiculous and at the same time increases the juice chamber which will minimise your flavor automatically.
Then I presume the coil will look something like this @KZOR th9RLWLEG6.jpg

Anoth

Another thing to consider @Rob Fisher , is to close the airflow even more, I see you closed on hole already, close the other one to half, it helped for me.

Yip closed the airflow even more but I think I need to redo the coil...tons of cloud but very little flavour.

Back