Quad copter / drone videos

Wow! So awesome

Sent from iPhone

No offense to the non-Capetonians but man Cape Town is one breathtakingly beautiful city

Awesome vid there Shane.. Really shows the beauty of this wonderful city

Wow @ShaneW - thats your best one so far! (Misty Bay sunset)
What I find amazing is how beautiful the video footage is - so stunning
And the light at sunset is really great. The water colour - all so awesome
The music also makes a BIG difference. Found myself just watching that and sort of imagining I was there!
Love it when you fly low and you can see the people on the beach. Feels like a video game!
Liked the man below in the water at about 4:50. Added a great focal point in that part...
Well done. So good!

A couple of questions if I may:
- i noticed that sometimes the camera pans slowly and smoothly and sometimes its a bit more jerky or robotic. How do you control that?
- what speed does it fly at?
- is it noisy? Can people standing below it hear it easily?

Very fascinating

Wow @ShaneW - thats your best one so far! (Misty Bay sunset)
What I find amazing is how beautiful the video footage is - so stunning
And the light at sunset is really great. The water colour - all so awesome
The music also makes a BIG difference. Found myself just watching that and sort of imagining I was there!
Love it when you fly low and you can see the people on the beach. Feels like a video game!
Liked the man below in the water at about 4:50. Added a great focal point in that part...
Well done. So good!

A couple of questions if I may:
- i noticed that sometimes the camera pans slowly and smoothly and sometimes its a bit more jerky or robotic. How do you control that?
- what speed does it fly at?
- is it noisy? Can people standing below it hear it easily?

Very fascinating

Thanks @Silver :)

- the panning is the drone turning, it can't pan too quickly without the jerking unfortunately especially when it's a busy, colourful image. I need to practice not to turn to quickly to avoid this. What I've found is if I want a quick pan it's better to pan slowly and then speed up the video when compiling.
- max speed is around 56km/h it's pretty quick and reaches max speed in about 1sec so very nippy.
- it is reasonably noisy, sounds like a swarm of bees. People only generally hear it when it's above them or nearby though. If you fly at about 40m most people don't even notice though.

Here are the features

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/feature

Last edited:

- the panning is the drone turning, it can't pan too quickly without the jerking unfortunately especially when it's a busy, colourful image. I need to practice not to turn to quickly to avoid this. What I've found is if I want a quick pan it's better to pan slowly and then speed up the video when compiling.
- max speed is around 56km/h it's pretty quick and reaches max speed in about 1sec so very nippy.
- it is reasonably noisy, sounds like a swarm of bees. People only generally hear it when it's above them or nearby though. If you fly at about 40m most people don't even notice though.

Here are the features

I want one so badly ......

Did you have the drone at vape con ?? Would like to see that footage

Here are the features

Ok thanks @ShaneW
Very interesting - so you saying that the video camera is still and you dont control where the video camera points - you just fly the drone?
Anyway, just for your feedback I noticed that sometimes the video image moved a bit like a "robot" - sort of unnatural. Not bad at all, just like you could tell it was being "moved" while other times it was as smooth as silk and you felt like you were flying on the drone yourself.

Here are the features

Thanks for the link
Checked the specs
Wow, only a 4480 mah battery and you get 20 mins of flying time
Thats amazing - only the equivalent of two of our 18650 batts. Lol

The specs on this drone are absolutely amazing. Would have seemed science fiction just 10 years ago!

Wish you all the best with it and many awesome videos

Ok thanks @ShaneW
Very interesting - so you saying that the video camera is still and you dont control where the video camera points - you just fly the drone?
Anyway, just for your feedback I noticed that sometimes the video image moved a bit like a "robot" - sort of unnatural. Not bad at all, just like you could tell it was being "moved" while other times it was as smooth as silk and you felt like you were flying on the drone yourself.

Ok I understand what you mean and I've also noticed that, no idea why it's happening.
The camera can only tilt up and downwards. With the DJI inspire (the next model up) the camera drops below the drone to give you full swing of the camera.

Ok I understand what you mean and I've also noticed that, no idea why it's happening.
The camera can only tilt up and downwards. With the DJI inspire (the next model up) the camera drops below the drone to give you full swing of the camera.
cant you turn the camera left or rigth as well ?

Nice vids @ShaneW

We currently have 2 of these and use them to make promo videos for people. Amazing how stable they are. That gimbal (the unit that stabilises the camera, for the other folks ;-) ) really works beautifully.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissfull vaping cloud.

Stunning brilliant and what a steady hand you have.
Awesome skill

Back