Quad copter / drone videos

That is amazing Shane. Wow I really want one after watching these. The thing is we don't have such a pretty city here in jhb :)

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

That is amazing Shane. Wow I really want one after watching these. The thing is we don't have such a pretty city here in jhb :)

Scenery here is also quite good. ;-) Not as good as Shane's though

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissfull vaping cloud.

Some footage of the mountainess terrain:)

You have to see the sunset at 3m30 ... Stunning!

Wow @ShaneW
Amazing
Like the song

And that sunset is so beautiful - the rays of light through the clouds make it look like some pyramid of light show.

Well done!

@ShaneW I wish you wouldn't post these here... I get FOMO big time and want to go out and buy me one of these... so stunning! You have got to bring your setup to the next VapeCon and film! Will be EPIC!

Great shooting!

Thanks for the compliments... Much appreciated.

Cape town has so many incredibly beautiful, scenic landscapes. We have sites in some really amazing places and I've only been to a third of them so far. Still have to go down the east coast, hermanus way... Looking forward to it. And of course the quad comes with on every trip.

Rob.. just do it, you won't be sorry ;), you can scout out the best fishing spots before you set out.

Cape town has so many incredibly beautiful, scenic landscapes. We have sites in some really amazing places and I've only been to a third of them so far. Still have to go down the east coast, hermanus way... Looking forward to it. And of course the quad comes with on every trip.

Rob.. just do it, you won't be sorry ;), you can scout out the best fishing spots before you set out.
@Rob Fisher - I agree with @ShaneW here. Just go and get one, you won't be disappointed. The DJI Phantom basically flies itself. They are unbelievably stable and easy to fly. Get the Pro version, better camera. I have both the pro and advance and much prefer the pro.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge while sitting in a blissful vaping cloud.

@ShaneW I LOVE visiting the Cape... it is indeed beautiful! And there are a few ponds (Clanwilliam, Theewaters and Kwaggas) that I so love fishing! And I do enjoy visiting the grape growers as well! I will be back in the Cape next year for a visit.. just packing for the US at the moment... 40 days and I'm on my way! :rock:

@ShaneW I wish you wouldn't post these here... I get FOMO big time and want to go out and buy me one of these... so stunning! You have got to bring your setup to the next VapeCon and film! Will be EPIC!

Great shooting!

Rob you can then have the drone hover overhead as you chuck something into the gorge :)

Wow @ShaneW
That was beautiful!
Your drone videos are getting better all the time. This was your best!
Loved the captions and the different places. Stunning scenery and good colour and light. Lovely to watch.

Was just thinking, imagine a new line of juices inspired by your awesome capturing of SA's beauty

First line: Cape Beauty

Featuring the following 5 juices
  • Steenbras - a long time favourite
  • Hout - a hard hitting tobacco with a twist
  • Canola Field - a buttery warm Sunday afternoon treat
  • Seapoint - blue, green, chilled - refreshing
  • Elsies Peak - take me to the clouds with a magical creamy whirl
:)

Wow! I wish you were in Durban.. we need just this kind of high quality video to cover important bass fishing compo's! It would be EPIC! I'm amazed at the distance you can cover... how far can the copter go away from you?

Wow @ShaneW
That was beautiful!
Your drone videos are getting better all the time. This was your best!
Loved the captions and the different places. Stunning scenery and good colour and light. Lovely to watch.

Was just thinking, imagine a new line of juices inspired by your awesome capturing of SA's beauty

First line: Cape Beauty

Featuring the following 5 juices
  • Steenbras - a long time favourite
  • Hout - a hard hitting tobacco with a twist
  • Canola Field - a buttery warm Sunday afternoon treat
  • Seapoint - blue, green, chilled - refreshing
  • Elsies Peak - take me to the clouds with a magical creamy whirl
:)

Thanks @Silver. Lol, those descriptions fit perfectly.

Wow! I wish you were in Durban.. we need just this kind of high quality video to cover important bass fishing compo's! It would be EPIC! I'm amazed at the distance you can cover... how far can the copter go away from you?

Line of sight range is around 2Km, the shot of Steenbras dam I flew it around 2.4km away. Big open areas like a dam have an amazing range.

@ShaneW how easy is it to fly the copter?

It's actually ridiculously easy with this particular model, you could honestly produce footage like this with 15 mins practice. The most difficult part is figuring out what looks best on the camera and getting the picture smooth.
If at any point you let the controls go, it stays/hovers exactly where it is... It always maintains its exact altitude and position and only moves when you give the command. It's got a multitude of stabilising tools- GPS, compass, barometer, ultra sonic height sensor, small bottom facing camera.
Battery life is about 25mins per battery, I have a spare so can get around 40-50 mins on an outing.
It has a return to home feature, if at any point you want it back, just hit the button and it returns to where it took off and lands itself. It will also return to home if it loses signal or starts running out of power... It knows exactly how much battery power it needs to get back 'home'.

This thread made me look at quad copter stuff. Might want to get one ;)

Dude you should sell your vids to the Cape Tourism Board, awesome promo vids for our amazing city

Dude you should sell your vids to the Cape Tourism Board, awesome promo vids for our amazing city

That would make it a commercial venture and therefore requires me to get a license. Just a hobby ;)

That's incredible man..

Back