Show us your Builds - User Made Tank Coils (Protanks, Nautilus Etc.)

here goes, 1x Chimney coil in my Mini Protank 3

Coil made with 28g Kanthal, 2mm ID, 8 or 9, maybe 10 wraps... lost count :rolleyes:
View attachment 7484

Seated comfortably in the cup after wrapping it in a nice warm cotton blanky
View attachment 7486

The gaps on the sides were still open so I stuffed them with teeny tiny little cotton balls
View attachment 7487

Came out at 1.7Ω but after stuffing and juicing it up it now reads 1.4Ω
View attachment 7488

So, how does it vape? It sucks, this coil suffocates in the mPT3, simply can't get enough air through the base to take advantage of this coil. Perhaps building this setup in the Nautilus will yeild better results. Or perhaps I screwed something up.
Try seating the coil a bit higher in the cup and stuffing the cotton in after. It needs to be packed in quite well or it will leak. I built a few for my evods and quite enjoyed them but wicking the thing was a royal pain in the rear. Getting it right was a hit and miss affair. Once you get it spot on its killer.

Try seating the coil a bit higher in the cup and stuffing the cotton in after. It needs to be packed in quite well or it will leak. I built a few for my evods and quite enjoyed them but wicking the thing was a royal pain in the rear. Getting it right was a hit and miss affair. Once you get it spot on its killer.

yeah the one and only chimney coil i did leaked like a bugger. also on my try again at some point list

20140404_223721.jpg
my chimney coil, liaght and fluffy cotton around it, did not sufficate the draw at all, placed it as high up as possible.

Is that 1.5 id @BhavZ ? Looks like you have the leg running outside the coil, I have mine running down the centre, wanted to have the outer surface of the coil as clean and unrestricted as possible. But ya, I think I messed up by putting it too deep in the cup.

Is that 1.5 id @BhavZ ? Looks like you have the leg running outside the coil, I have mine running down the centre, wanted to have the outer surface of the coil as clean and unrestricted as possible. But ya, I think I messed up by putting it too deep in the cup.
1.4mm id

Was going to run the leg down the middle as well but opted against it. Instead what I did was run it on the ourside and use cotton as an insulator so I wont get any shorts.

Someone suggest here a 3mm for the normal coils. This is definitely the ID that works the best for me so far. Tried a chimney coil, but it shorted somewhere.

I'm not sure if this thread exists yet but I thought a thread to show micro coil rebuilds could be cool and helpful for people not yet on RBA's.

Here is a pic of a Titan tank from VapeMob with a 1.8ohm chimney micro coil. It fires and all but was my first attempt at a chimney so it doesn't draw very well. I thought it looked cool anyway.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 55
Thats a neat looking coil!

The right place for this would be here

Maybe admin could move it?

Hi Guys

I want to start rebuilding coils for my mpt3

please assit as to what i need an how do i go about getting it done

@Baverz you will need some kanthal, the lower the guage the thicker the wire and you will need more wraps to reach your target ohmage. then you require wicks, I personally prefer cotton, but you need to play with the amount to get it to your liking, an ohm meter, but a device than can read ohms is fine, I used my vtr for quite some time when i first started building coils.
Then you need some patience, trial and error is not always a bad thing in coil builds.
Also read up on ohms law and safety - Very important
here are some charts that can assist you, well I still use them on a daily basis when I do my coil build

Attachments

• wrap 24g.png
    wrap 24g.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 47
  • wrap 26g.png
    wrap 26g.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 34
  • wrap 28g.png
    wrap 28g.png
    26 KB · Views: 35
  • wrap 30g.png
    wrap 30g.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 32
  • wrap 32g.png
    wrap 32g.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 34
In light that the PO striking and i have no way of getting my PT coils to @ET i tried myself, it was a mission very small lol, but somehow it worked :)

My 1st try

1.4 ID 28g 7 wraps

IMG_1180.JPG

IT'S ALIVE
IMG_1182.JPG

Wicket with some Rayon tx to Mr @HPBotha :)
IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

@ET i will try the other coils, seems like you are of the hook, thank you for offering to help :)

In light that the PO striking and i have no way of getting my PT coils to @ET i tried myself, it was a mission very small lol, but somehow it worked :)

My 1st try

1.4 ID 28g 7 wraps

IMG_1180.JPG

IT'S ALIVE
IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

@ET i will try the other coils, seems like you are of the hook, thank you for offering to help :)

Excellent coil @kimbo you wont be having any problems with that coil

My 1st try

1.4 ID 28g 7 wraps

IMG_1180.JPG

IT'S ALIVE
IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

Well done, Sir. How does the Rayon vape on those?

nice one kimbo. you got 28 gauge, make the next coil 8 or 10 wraps. will graft even nicer

Hi.

Has anyone rebuild the new upgrade coils from Kanger, the one with the long coil cup. I took one apart last night and i will try today. As i see it you will have to wick the coil before you pull the coil down inline with the holes in the cup

Hi.

Has anyone rebuild the new upgrade coils from Kanger, the one with the long coil cup. I took one apart last night and i will try today. As i see it you will have to wick the coil before you pull the coil down inline with the holes in the cup
I do believe @PeterHarris has a video doing just that somewhere on yootoob

Back