Sir Vape - Retailer Reviews

Thought about it long and hard if I want to post or not because I don't like posting negative feedback.

I am kind of shocked and very upset that I did not check before placing my order! If I knew I would have used a different vendor.

The cut off time for overnight delivery is 9:30 am. Really?? All the other vendors I have used the cut off is in the region of 3pm-ish. Why so early?

I personally think it is stupid to have it that early.

Thought about it long and hard if I want to post or not because I don't like posting negative feedback.

I am kind of shocked and very upset that I did not check before placing my order! If I knew I would have used a different vendor.

The cut off time for overnight delivery is 9:30 am. Really?? All the other vendors I have used the cut off is in the region of 3pm-ish. Why so early?

I think it's due to the high order volume ... I say this because I never miss an opportunity to brown-nose ;-)

It might also have something to do with the courier company and getting stuff out of Durban (less availability of shipping options than say stuff coming from CT or JHB). Most of the times this will be dictated to you by the courier company, but also you need to allow for time to pick stock and pack it. The later you set your cut-off time the more difficult it becomes to pick and package accurately, and then you're committed to making sure anything placed by that time is sent. Rather under-promise and over-deliver IMO.

Rather under-promise and over-deliver IMO.
This!

I would then rather remove the "overnight" delivery and rather call it something else.

It's very frustrating placing a order in the morning and expecting overnight and it only comes over2nights.

The problem with the early morning cut off for me means I have to place my orders in the mornings at 5am before i leave for work if I want overnight delivery. I immediately start working when I get to the office between 6 and 7 and only get to take a break between 10 and 11and that's when I do my shopping if needed. I can't use my phone while I am working and have no Internet access at work

That is when I will empty my cart and go shop somewhere else

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I use the Courier Guy for work , their policy is 10

Cut off time is set by the couriers not Sir Vape.

@wiesbang Hi sorry that you feel this way, unfortunately due to the high volumes of orders and the fact that we have to have all our orders ready for collection by 10 daily so that they can get to the relevant places around South Africa within the allocated time frames is the reason for a 9:30am cut off. But point taken and thank you for taking the time to express your opinion.

Regards

Craig

Just want to take the time to thank @BigGuy and @Sir Vape for their exemplary service. Took in my pico squeeze that had stopped working. Through the gracious PIF from @dastrix550 they managed to sort me out with another. Thanks guys and thanks @dastrix550, you rock dude!!!
View attachment 82329
Big pleasure dude, asked Craig to use it as he sees fit. Happy to hear it found a new home. Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I would like to take my time in thanking Sir Vape for the GRAND service i received at there store.
During my vacation i popped into Sir Vape, Craig @BigGuy made me try out all the e liquids before purchasing, also had a nice chat with Hugo @Sir Vape. I even went second time to purchase because of the fantastic service i received.
I would like to add that Oatz by Twisted Cookie, Hakaberry and Drippity is on of the best e liquids out there.

Thanks once again Sir Vape, your store and service is phenomenal!

Regards,
Naeem

I would like to take my time in thanking Sir Vape for the GRAND service i received at there store.
During my vacation i popped into Sir Vape, Craig @BigGuy made me try out all the e liquids before purchasing, also had a nice chat with Hugo @Sir Vape. I even went second time to purchase because of the fantastic service i received.
I would like to add that Oatz by Twisted Cookie, Hakaberry and Drippity is on of the best e liquids out there.

Thanks once again Sir Vape, your store and service is phenomenal!

Regards,
Naeem

Thank you Sir :)

Was really hoping to sort this out via PM, but since the replies are very few and far between, and I haven't seen any real progress on the matter. I ordered a Hands drip tip from Sir Vape, a red one. The one that was delivered is almost pink. Contacted hands and the sirs via group PM to enquire. Hands assured me it was a mix up and that I should contact Sir Vape. Eventually I got a reply that their shipping depwrtment would sort out the problem. Since then, no feedback after another enquiry was made. I get notifications of read messages, but no replies. A few minths back a similar issue popped up with the wrong coils that was sent to me. This is sad, because Sir Vape is my first stop when looking for any new gear, mostly due to their awesome range. However, paying that much for a drip tip, and getting the wrong one is very disappointing, especially of it feels like no real effort is made to rectify the issue. This is what I ordered:

View attachment 74725

And this is what I received:

View attachment 74726 View attachment 74726
View attachment 74727

I had not seen this post but had this exact same problem. Did not receive the tip pictured. I immediately took photos and sent an email, and after quite some time I received an email that I should go in and they will inspect it. Quite frankly the photos were quite clear and if it was wrong it would have been seen when it was returned.

A few days ago I was sent an incorrect item. I notified them and suggested that I wanted to order a mod and if possible send the mod with the replacement and do the collection at the same time, considering that delivery charge is a flat rate and they were sending something anyway. At the very least it’s a goodwill gesture for a mistake and it’s a sale, but a reply saying no would have been fine. I received no response to this email and when I finally placed the new mod order I selected “collection” to not be charged for delivery at checkout and sent an email thereafter stating that this is a follow up to my previous email so please send this mod with the replacement they were due to send, which I had assumed had not been a problem. After quite some time as if nobody understood a word from my previous emails I get an email stating that I should bring in the incorrect item to be swopped when I come to collect my mod.

I replied saying that I will do an EFT for the mod delivery costs, the delivery and collection of the other incorrect item can be arranged by them separately since there was absolutely no mention or reference to my suggestion of the combined delivery, and I made the payment.

I’m not trying at all to be difficult, which is what bothers me. I think almost every vendor has made some error at some point, and they are all go out of their way to help and resolve a matter. Let alone an error or problem case, I can’t seem to ever get service. I live less than 5km from their shop and pass it all the time yet I have paid a delivery charge for the past 5 orders or so.

The issue above with the drip tip and another with a query about a drip tip to which I never received a response, ever. Both times I kept Hands informed about the progress of the queries, the drip tip in the second query was the only one that wasn’t getting sold and I wanted it but couldn’t get anyone to sell it to me. At that time I had read in a thread that queries should be made via Whatsapp during certain times and I did it exactly that way.

I kept the incorrect drip tip, which Hands offered to personally replace but I declined because it was not his fault, and I paid for the extra delivery cost in the last case, and that is fine, and I’m probably a small insignificant customer but in general and especially in this vape community which I have become fond of, I have never felt unwelcome. Even an email with feedback yields no response, and there are vendors here who reply immediately to queries and go out of their way when there are mistakes with even simple gestures like sending a few samples or something but here all I ask for is the minimum service.

I see many people raving about great service and I can understand that because I personally saw people getting great service. I see guys talk about the whatsapp responses and if that were the case I would rave about it too. I’m not sure who he is but there is a small guy there who was quite helpful but only dealt with him a few times. It would be great to have even a low level person to contact with simple queries.

I should and would just go and shop somewhere else, but frankly you are the best stocked. At times you are the only local option. Well then I should just do without it, that is probably a solution too, but having been part of this forum for a while and interacting with many vendors and members, I will take my chances and post this feedback. I do try my best to buy elsewhere when possible to save you the trouble but it’s not always very convenient. So in the community spirit of this forum I hope this helps to make you aware of a shortcoming you may not realize. Also maybe state clearly on the website how and when to communicate, or state responses take 3-7 days or whatever the procedure.

I don’t think it is unreasonable if I followed the correct procedure and did everything correctly and then received the incorrect item to expect at the very basic level interest and concern and willingness to rectify the problem as soon as possible.

Anyway I mean no disrespect and I have no luck elsewhere and seeing that you do respond here, I felt it necessary after all this time to communicate my experiences. I am not fond of negative reviews and we mostly use reviews to compliment, but hope this helps so it won’t be such a bad thing.

Have to agree... The two or three times I've used the message button on their site, I've never received a response. A few emails also were replied to only once - and that after like two weeks.... I've resorted to phoning Sir Vape when there's an issue.

@M5000 Hi, im on my way personally to drop your stuff off. Not making excuses but we have had some issues in regards to emails etc as mentioned on our facebook page and blanket whatsapp we sent out the other day.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

BigGuy

I had not seen this post but had this exact same problem. Did not receive the tip pictured. I immediately took photos and sent an email, and after quite some time I received an email that I should go in and they will inspect it. Quite frankly the photos were quite clear and if it was wrong it would have been seen when it was returned.

A few days ago I was sent an incorrect item. I notified them and suggested that I wanted to order a mod and if possible send the mod with the replacement and do the collection at the same time, considering that delivery charge is a flat rate and they were sending something anyway. At the very least it’s a goodwill gesture for a mistake and it’s a sale, but a reply saying no would have been fine. I received no response to this email and when I finally placed the new mod order I selected “collection” to not be charged for delivery at checkout and sent an email thereafter stating that this is a follow up to my previous email so please send this mod with the replacement they were due to send, which I had assumed had not been a problem. After quite some time as if nobody understood a word from my previous emails I get an email stating that I should bring in the incorrect item to be swopped when I come to collect my mod.

I replied saying that I will do an EFT for the mod delivery costs, the delivery and collection of the other incorrect item can be arranged by them separately since there was absolutely no mention or reference to my suggestion of the combined delivery, and I made the payment.

I’m not trying at all to be difficult, which is what bothers me. I think almost every vendor has made some error at some point, and they are all go out of their way to help and resolve a matter. Let alone an error or problem case, I can’t seem to ever get service. I live less than 5km from their shop and pass it all the time yet I have paid a delivery charge for the past 5 orders or so.

The issue above with the drip tip and another with a query about a drip tip to which I never received a response, ever. Both times I kept Hands informed about the progress of the queries, the drip tip in the second query was the only one that wasn’t getting sold and I wanted it but couldn’t get anyone to sell it to me. At that time I had read in a thread that queries should be made via Whatsapp during certain times and I did it exactly that way.

I kept the incorrect drip tip, which Hands offered to personally replace but I declined because it was not his fault, and I paid for the extra delivery cost in the last case, and that is fine, and I’m probably a small insignificant customer but in general and especially in this vape community which I have become fond of, I have never felt unwelcome. Even an email with feedback yields no response, and there are vendors here who reply immediately to queries and go out of their way when there are mistakes with even simple gestures like sending a few samples or something but here all I ask for is the minimum service.

I see many people raving about great service and I can understand that because I personally saw people getting great service. I see guys talk about the whatsapp responses and if that were the case I would rave about it too. I’m not sure who he is but there is a small guy there who was quite helpful but only dealt with him a few times. It would be great to have even a low level person to contact with simple queries.

I should and would just go and shop somewhere else, but frankly you are the best stocked. At times you are the only local option. Well then I should just do without it, that is probably a solution too, but having been part of this forum for a while and interacting with many vendors and members, I will take my chances and post this feedback. I do try my best to buy elsewhere when possible to save you the trouble but it’s not always very convenient. So in the community spirit of this forum I hope this helps to make you aware of a shortcoming you may not realize. Also maybe state clearly on the website how and when to communicate, or state responses take 3-7 days or whatever the procedure.

I don’t think it is unreasonable if I followed the correct procedure and did everything correctly and then received the incorrect item to expect at the very basic level interest and concern and willingness to rectify the problem as soon as possible.

Anyway I mean no disrespect and I have no luck elsewhere and seeing that you do respond here, I felt it necessary after all this time to communicate my experiences. I am not fond of negative reviews and we mostly use reviews to compliment, but hope this helps so it won’t be such a bad thing.

Im a small fry customer at sir vape and have recieved nothing but commendable service including email queries, i think its safe to say that you weren't intentionly ignored and should be sorted out promptly despite your current delema.

They have a fairly small team and do get overwhelmed at times. (They are looking for more staff)

Kind regards

Im a small fry customer at sir vape and have recieved nothing but commendable service including email queries, i think its safe to say that you weren't intentionly ignored and should be sorted out promptly despite your current delema.

They have a fairly small team and do get overwhelmed at times. (They are looking for more staff)

Kind regards

This is an area that we are working on. We have grown substantially over the last 6 months and we know these areas need attention.

We do value your guys feedback. We don't get it right all the time and we will admit that.

Please see our subforum for further details.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was there again today for a juice stock up and some other bits and bobs. Great service once again from @ET and @BigGuy . Also shout out to @Sir Vape Hugo for the awesome vibe upstairs.

Thanks guys, you rock:b1:

After my post this morning I received a call from Sir Vape. He said he would stop by in an hour. The thought of a personal visit after writing a complaint, talk about having a slow morning, after that call I was out of the house in no time.

Long story short, he personally delivered the items, and refunded the additional delivery charges.

Thank you for hearing me and going out of your way to rectify the situation. I had been frustrated about it for a while and I am really glad this communication resolved the matter.

I appreciate your quick and efficient response, and look forward to dealing with Sir Vape in the future.

I bought a new Vape mod and tank kit from @Sir Vape unfortunately found that the device was faulty after sending the device back for repairs I was promptly met with great after sales service, good communication as to what is happening throughout the process even though I might have been a little irritating and pesky as to what is happening I was always treated with great professionalism buy @BigGuy. Today to my surprise I was notified that a new one is on it's way. Thank you once again for the great service! Keep it up, you have a client for life!:)

I agree. I've only had awesome service from them. The Steam Masters bases they sell are very good quality.

@Sir Vape is my go to guy for almost any and everything. They are nothing short of exceptional when it comes to service and after sales service.

Have moved the above four posts , from @PanMan88 's post onwards to this existing thread
They were previously in a newly created different thread

Don't get me wrong, I love Sir Vape and they are my go to supplier. But perhaps some constructive criticism is not a bad thing...

I think that shipping could be done more effectively. I read on forum how my fellow JHB Vapers receive packages on the same day they placed their orders, that's a few hours from order to delivery and that is impressive.

My order was placed online yesterday @ 09h38 and only received notification of shipment now, this will then only be delivered tomorrow morning. That's 48 hours to make a local delivery and its not good enough. Woolworths and Pick n Pay can do same day deliveries and they are large chain supermarkets serving millions a day. I send packages from DBN to JHB or CPT regularly, sometimes they are collected after 5pm and there the next morning with normal ONX.

If i have to wait for a package from Woolworths, I would rather take the time out off my schedule to go there and collect it in the old manual method.

@Sir Vape as a business that gives the courier guy a lot of support, surely there are ways to negotiate a better service from them. At least one that matches other South African metropolitan areas. Or if not there are many courier services that would take your business.

Back