Sir Vape - Retailer Reviews

I've gotta say, they're the only vape shop I have ever used that hasn't mucked up a single one of my online orders, ever. Really saddens me that these guys and Vape King don't have Cape Town stores. Oh, well.

maybe one day.

I really hate to post on this medium but I don't really have much of a choice. I purchased a Asmodus lustro from Sirvape which came with 2 batteries for a reasonable price on the 26/03/2018. I literally only used the mod for 10 min and felt it was too heavy. a few days later I decided to give it another go and see if I might try and like it. The screen started acting up and I emailed sir vape and was referred to their terms and conditions and to send it back to them. in the terms and conditions it states no refunds or replacements on sale items. My question to Sir vape was then, that I do not know if this was a sale item as it came with 2 batteries as a combo. The price was also cheaper with batteries than the mod itself.

Please can someone from Sir vape let me know whether I can send this back or not, I would hate to send it back at my cost to find out it was a sale item and not be able to get this fixed. I should still be with the 7 day warranty if that makes any difference.

its a month since posting my last comment. @BigGuy @Sir Vape . you have my mod for 3 weeks now. Your T and C's "Please note that as per the Consumer Protection Act Sir Vape is allowed up to 2 weeks to check the device and return it to the purchaser. However every effort will be taken to lessen the time frame as possible."

I have not heard any feedback unless I email you, this is really bad after sales service. I have been following up every second or third day to find out what is happening. I had to wait 14 days for you to tell me the mod is being looked at by your technician and the board is going to be replaced, this is also only after I requested feedback. The mod was sent back to you with in a week of purchasing, please let me know what is happening. I cant see your technician being so busy that he has been checking it since last week.

I should have had my mod back already by now.

Hi i accept full responsibility for this and have no excuse for not replying but we did only get your mod back today and will be shipped to you tomorrow.
Once again i apologize profusely this is not normally the case and you are the exception. Please accept my sincere apologies and we have put a small something in your bag to say sorry.

Regards

Big Guy

Hi i accept full responsibility for this and have no excuse for not replying but we did only get your mod back today and will be shipped to you tomorrow.
Once again i apologize profusely this is not normally the case and you are the exception. Please accept my sincere apologies and we have put a small something in your bag to say sorry.

Regards

Big Guy

Every business big or small should learn from this man, this is how you conduct business if things go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards

Big Guy
Does anyone else wanna see what's in the bag or is it just me? :-D

@Rafique Your story reminds me of my experience with Samsung, which was a little worse. My phone (Galaxy S6) wasn't holding the charge so I took it to Samsung in Cape Town where I left it in their tender and loving care. Phone call after phone call gave the same reply: "We're waiting for a part to arrive." Finally, after ONE MONTH I received a different reply: Sorry, but we have no record of your phone. That's when I flipped and contacted the manager. Within a day I had received a call to come and fetch my repaired phone.
Moral of the story: Don't exercise patience after a reasonable time. Contact the manager/owner directly.

And btw my phone is playing up again - battery draining fast. I'll take it to Samsung to have the battery replaced, but if the problem is with the phone and I have to buy a new one, I'm going to get an iPhone. I believe that if there's any problem with your phone they give you a NEW phone immediately, before they even look at what the problem could be. Now THAT'S service!

Craig has contacted me and I will be getting my mod hopefully Tuesday. Watch Vape mail for what's in the bag
Craig is a solid guy. I've had an episode or two with them as well over the years where I was all rankled and pissy - and they sorted it out every time.

I dusted my account off especially just to share this unfortunate story with you all. So here I go trying to make a long story short.

I bought a Minikin in November last year that died within a month. I was away on holiday at the time and was forced to open it and re-soldered the 510 pin that got so hot that the solder melted due to it autofiring. I said at the time that the chipset not working and causing it to autofire which led to the resoldering and melting of the isolator. Be it as it may I accepted that Craig did not want to replace due to the tampering and I bought another Minikin in December from the shop after trying to explain the situation.

The second minikin lost it's screen within 3 months. In that same time I imported a new 510 pin for the first device to prove that it was in fact not the 510 pin but the chipset causing it to autofire. Logic would tell you that power cannot get to the 510 without it going through the chipset, but that is another story. So the first defense seems to be (after two returns) that they open the device and claim there is juice in that damaged the device. I find it interesting that a device that is designed to be used with a RDA has juice in and it is somehow the users fault and not a design flaw. Maybe I am just lucky that all my other mods are still in a working condition after years of the same user conditions.

I sent both back to Sir Vape and here below is some Whatsapp discussions that followed from 5 April to 02 July 2018. I am down two devices anyway and since we did not sign any NDA's or such I thought why not share. It's up to yourselves to make your own conclusions from this...

Update - Conversation removed due to breach of forum rules. If anyone is interested in reading it I am more than willing to share it privately so please PM me.

Last edited:
I dusted my account off especially just to share this unfortunate story with you all. So here I go trying to make a long story short.

I bought a Minikin in November last year that died within a month. I was away on holiday at the time and was forced to open it and re-soldered the 510 pin that got so hot that the solder melted due to it autofiring. I said at the time that the chipset not working and causing it to autofire which led to the resoldering and melting of the isolator. Be it as it may I accepted that Craig did not want to replace due to the tampering and I bought another Minikin in December from the shop after trying to explain the situation.

The second minikin lost it's screen within 3 months. In that same time I imported a new 510 pin for the first device to prove that it was in fact not the 510 pin but the chipset causing it to autofire. Logic would tell you that power cannot get to the 510 without it going through the chipset, but that is another story. So the first defense seems to be (after two returns) that they open the device and claim there is juice in that damaged the device. I find it interesting that a device that is designed to be used with a RDA has juice in and it is somehow the users fault and not a design flaw. Maybe I am just lucky that all my other mods are still in a working condition after years of the same user conditions.

I sent both back to Sir Vape and here below is some Whatsapp discussions that followed from 5 April to 02 July 2018. I am down two devices anyway and since we did not sign any NDA's or such I thought why not share. It's up to yourselves to make your own conclusions from this...
Hi and welcome back @Ko7ad !

Please note that the Whatsapp part of your post has been removed as it is considered to be sharing a private conversation between the two parties, and is against forum rules. Not sure if you want to update your post accordingly.

Hi and welcome back @Ko7ad !

Please note that the Whatsapp part of your post has been removed as it is considered to be sharing a private conversation between the two parties, and is against forum rules. Not sure if you want to update your post accordingly.

Stosta apologies, I will update my post accordingly. I should have confirmed with the rules.

@Ko7ad Thank you for taking the time to write this. Firstly let me start by saying the unfortunate thing about vaping is that you need electronics. Same would apply to a laptop with liquid all over it but hey that's a different debate. As per your situation if memory serves me correctly and correct me if i am wrong. We sent photos of the juice inside your mod but did say lets try and resolve the issue. taking it upon yourself to put a 510 pin in yourself would obviously void the warranty after the fact in any case. Screens just don't like liquid especially the ribbons. But as i said to you we took the best of both of your mods and made one unfortunately the screen died shortly afterwards. But as i said to you we are tracking down a new screen for you to make you one working mod out of the two. So if you would afford us the opportunity to do so then let us do so please.

Regards

Big Guy

Bought some goodies today online, but only after I phoned to check a few things, so far all I can say is what a pleasure.
Well done, so many (actually too many) online retailers just don't get it right. Having my order shipped same day for next day delivery is the best. (I am a tad impatient usually >:))

I have already blown so much sugar towards Sir Vape, and will continue to do so, and deservingly so. They are so jacked up, I don't need to order anything online. I have watched them grow exponentially over the past 2 plus years. They gratiously receive my broken mods under warranty, for repairs. Very warm, knowledgeable and friendly. And whenever I Whats App Etienne for even the most trivial question, I always get a prompt, courteous response.

Keep up the fantastic establishment Craig, Hugo, Etienne, and the other young lads behind the counter.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I have already blown so much sugar towards Sir Vape, and will continue to do so, and deservingly so. They are so jacked up, I don't need to order anything online. I have watched them grow exponentially over the past 2 plus years. They gratiously receive my broken mods under warranty, for repairs. Very warm, knowledgeable and friendly. And whenever I Whats App Etienne for even the most trivial question, I always get a prompt, courteous response.

Keep up the fantastic establishment Craig, Hugo, Etienne, and the other young lads behind the counter.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more. Well said and well deserved. Was my very first online store i bought my vape goodies from. And it still is to this day. And i would even go as far as to say, if it was not for Sir Vape, i might not have kept off the stinkies..

My goal is to still visit their flagship store in Durban one day. (a bit far for this Capie) and spend a whole freaking day there.

Big ups to all the staff @Sir Vape. Keep up the good work.

@Ko7ad Thank you for taking the time to write this. Firstly let me start by saying the unfortunate thing about vaping is that you need electronics. Same would apply to a laptop with liquid all over it but hey that's a different debate. As per your situation if memory serves me correctly and correct me if i am wrong. We sent photos of the juice inside your mod but did say lets try and resolve the issue. taking it upon yourself to put a 510 pin in yourself would obviously void the warranty after the fact in any case. Screens just don't like liquid especially the ribbons. But as i said to you we took the best of both of your mods and made one unfortunately the screen died shortly afterwards. But as i said to you we are tracking down a new screen for you to make you one working mod out of the two. So if you would afford us the opportunity to do so then let us do so please.

Regards

Big Guy

So its been another 6 weeks. Any news for us?

@Ko7ad Still no luck with a screen as soon as i get a device back that has the screen in tact and the rest is buggered we will be in contact.

To the Sir's

Thank you to everyone involved in resolving my online purchase issue. I ordered the battery charger and battery combo. When the package arrived there were no batteries in the envelope. One call to Craig and half an hour later two batteries were on their way to me. No ''and" "ifs" or "buts" just GREAT customer service. Thanks to Ettiene too for the assistance.

What a great place to deal with, they will be getting more of my hard earned 'sheets' from now on
Keep up the great work and service 'Sir's'

Back