Sir Vape - Retailer Reviews

To the guys at Sir vape, please don't feel offended by my comments as i don't mean any harm,its just more of a huge disappointment to me.:( I have never done any business with you before, but have been browsing your online store almost every night since i started vaping and that was January this year.
I usually browse the online vape stores to see what they have and without intention of buying, mainly because i like the looks of beautiful things and i am sure we can all agree that there are lots of beautiful vape gear.;)
I fell in love with the looks of the Tiffany blue snow wolf, even though it was not expensive but i just wanted it ,i also loved the looks of the Snow wolf mini plus and i said one day i am going to buy them . I could not find a Tiffany blue any where besides at Sir vape, and i knew that they were discontinued,so i decided to buy it online with the Snow wolf mini plus, it took me two weeks to press that add to cart button,i am self employed and basically survive from hand to mouth although my doors has been open for 22 years i am still not rich but surviving .So before i buy anything i have to make sure whether i really need it, vaping is an expensive hobby and some of us can barely afford it,but i just could not resist so i place the order, not
thinking even how am i going to explain this to my wife,:ANGRYCOMPLAINING: but i just had to have these two mods.
Now for the disappointment the next day i get an email ,that i did not choose my shipping method, the reason why i did not, was because i was under the impression the shipping was free. as the mods were close to R2400. Apparently Kimberley is an outlaying area and i have to pay for shipping.I went to the shipping policy on the website and only then i saw that deliveries to Kimberley is R130.00. I then replied to the email asking to make sure whether Kimberley is an outlaying area because i have been shipping goods all over south africa ,and no one has ever mentioned to me that its an outlaying area although it does take two days from Durban and from Cape Town, but whether its an outlaying area or not,i was really disappointing I managed to get a gold snow wolf form Cape town free shipping , i also got a Kangertech from JHB which only costed R699. and guess what also free shipping, i think this gave me more reason to be disappointed.So two days after the disappointment i decide to hell with this i will pay for shipping just to discover the snow wolf Tiffany blue has been sold.With my business i am doing i sometimes have to give discounts of R2k just to keep a customer happy and a happy customer always comes back ,he does not even shop around for better prices .
No Hard feelings i will still support you guys and pay for shipping.;)

@Eldene Thank you for taking the time to write this review and i really do understand that it can sometimes be frustrating dealing with different vendors and having different shipping policies etc. We try to be as accommodating as possible in this regard but we also have to watch the bottom line. We try to keep our prices as low and as competitive as possible which is evident on our website. When it comes to shipping we obviously based in Durban have different rates as to those that are in the Cape or JHB to various areas. Kimberly from Durban is classified outlying area unfortunately sorry. Our shipping policy is that anything over R1500 if you have used the shipping code FREESHIPPING will get a discount of R80 which is the overnight price the outlying cost is R130 so it would have still cost you R50 which is why we didnt just let the package go.

I am sure you can image if you had to loose R50 on every order you sent out how that would affect the prices at the end of the day.

Please also remember that no 2 vendors have the same pricing structure especially if you compare online to online/brick and mortar shops so various companies can offer various shipping rates.

To end i am truly sorry that this happened and that you might have felt a bit let down but to make it up to you give me a call (Craig) when you place your next order and ill throw in some goodies in for you to put a smile back on your dial.

Regards

Craig aka (BigGuy)

Hi Craig,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.
Are you saying that if I had chosen free shipping I would pay R50 for shipping?
If that's the case and someone told me about the option i would have without a doubt have opted for that option, but i was just told to choose the R130 option, but once again thanks for your reply and you will definitely here from me soon.
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Craig,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.
Are you saying that if I had chosen free shipping I would pay R50 for shipping?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
When you spend more than R1500 you qualify to use the code FREESHIPPING which gives you a discount of R80. So being in an outlying area you will still need to pay the difference of R50.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Yes if your order was over R1500 and you had chosen outlying area and then entered the coupon code the order woulod have been discounted by R80

Hi Yes if your order was over R1500 and you had chosen outlying area and then entered the coupon code the order woulod have been discounted by R80
Thanks for making that clear to me, now i know for next time;)

I do think it would help a lot if the process is automated. Not everyone knows about the code and every now and then it comes up here.

@Andre unfortunately our webpage does not allow for it but we are looking at alternative methods.

@Andre unfortunately our webpage does not allow for it but we are looking at alternative methods.
Just my 2c, have always made use of the FREESHIPPING method. Allthough the webpage does not make provision for it (automated) is it not possible to at least add text at the shipping method page that will inform the potential uninformed buyer of the FREESHIPPING option and it's requirements to qualify?

Last edited:
Just my 2c, have always made use of the FREESHIPPING method. Allthough the webpage does not make provision for it (automated) is it not possible to at least add text at the shipping method page that will inform the potential uninformed buyer of the FREESHIPPING option and it's requirements to qualify?

Hi there we did. It does not show up due to the amount of characters that allowed on the checkout template. A pain yeah :( but it is under our shipping policy and like BIG GUY said we are working on it with a Shopify web expert to rewrite some coding for the entire site soon :)

So yesterday I decided to splurge a bit on a few new parts :D as we all like to do once in a while
Decided all the things I needed were easily available by @Sir Vape

First of all, the ease of checkout was amazing, at no point did I feel lost, could also be because I have been using a PC since I was a wee lad, but even for me I felt that this could be used by anyone. Once I was done adding all my carts, putting in my shipping address, applying my discount code for free delivery because it was over R1500 and paying for all my products I received an email stating my order was complete and paid for and at the same time gave me a link to the courier and my parcels tracking ID. This was super convenient, obviously the tracking number couldn't be used right away but I knew this already.

@Sir Vape policy stated that any purchases/orders made after 09:30 would only be processed the next day, so I already prepared myself to receive my products on Monday as I made the purchase on a Thursday and generally couriers don't work on weekends. So moved on to working the rest of my day, not thinking to track my parcel until this morning. Low and behold I punch in my tracking number onto the website on this Friday Morning and boom it tells me it is already out for delivery, next thing I know about 15 minutes later the guy shows up at my place of work, package in hand.

So all I can say is, bravo @Sir Vape you guys are really doing things right, thank you for the excellent and speedy service, will definitely be using you guys again :h:

Also I do apologize if I have put this in the wrong thread, I am not exactly sure how to use the review section

Orders went out later than normal because of the Kylin yesterday :) However I do agree they have a quick turn around on getting tracking numbers out to the customers to follow the order.

For those curious, this was the collection of items that got delivered today
22e2a09cddae75f65f3821b6a9c206b5.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

For those curious, this was the collection of items that got delivered today
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Awesome. There is nothing like getting some vapemail. I've also ordered from SirVape before - absolute pleasure dealing with them.

@Sir Vape, just a suggestion, your shop/online store is IMHO the best. If you guys can stock a larger variety of wire and wick and more batteries, I think you will nail it.

Just a thank you to @Sir Vape for the friendly service I received last week, I lost a 510 connector for one of my BB's, and of cause it is something that is sort of impossible to get, but a quick visit to Sir Vape in Durban while I was on holiday at Ballito and the Sir's sorted me out with a replacement free of charge....Thanks guys

But sometimes they drive me crazy...there is always new stuff, to tempt...

Like their new clone RDA range...

It's remarkable — Amazing how the industry has exploded to where we are today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a noob to vaping and a couple of friends that been at it longer than me, Durban has always been easier for me to get stuff from as family and friends go up regularly.
Based in Swaziland Ive had to deal with Hugo over the phone, which trust me must not be easy for him at all. But Ive always recieved awesome service and help from him and have never been dissapointed at all.
Keep up the amazing work!!

Huzi

@Sirvape Just want to thank you guys and The Lungbrewery for being awesome. My juice was not available but they made up for that with this
3e3bc390bac66e02512e7739c36cee1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Finally got a chance to to visit the new Sir Vape shop in Durban.

First up - the cronuts are amazing! Very tasty. This was a Nutella cronut. BB Silver in attendance. The coffee was amazing too.

a6ff1f3bd147f09e2082dd13d5f854ff.jpg

And one of myself Craig and Pascal behind the cafe counter:

ae2a6caa830142183b91f508ebdf8fd8.jpg

The new shop is stunning. It's large! Great decor and lots of detail all over. Products on display were mind boggling and I had to restrain myself.

79c458bf6be2343ec1a348214c81e8b9.jpg

Great service and great vibe. Will definitely visit again when in Durban. I bought a few things too - which I will post in vapemail when I get a chance.

Thanks for the hospitality and congrats on the excellent new shop @BigGuy and @Sir Vape !!!

You are all midgets ha ha ha ha :SimpHomer:

I've gotta say, they're the only vape shop I have ever used that hasn't mucked up a single one of my online orders, ever. Really saddens me that these guys and Vape King don't have Cape Town stores. Oh, well.

Back