Smok Marshal; G-Priv; Alien

Maybe I sweat acid through my hands :eek:
As a fix, I thought of getting some carbon graphite, or matt black vinyl and doing some plastic surgery. I must say I am a little disappointed.

Maybe I sweat acid through my hands :eek:
As a fix, I thought of getting some carbon graphite, or matt black vinyl and doing some plastic surgery. I must say I am a little disappointed.
I love my Smok Alien for who she is inside, no matter how much she may flake. So there.

If this happens to mine I will either get someone to repaint it or perhaps wrap it.

I am thinking Carbon Fibre type wrap would look awesome.

Those are some nice looking mods, that last one with the yellow bits looks like my kinda thing :nerd:

Matchy matchy also :

authentic-smoktech-smok-g320-320w-tc-vw-mod-tfv8-big-baby-tank-marshal-kit-golden-5ml-015-ohm-2-3-x-18650.jpg

Vinyl wrapping is not as easy as it would seem.
I cut the vinyl larger with the intention of trimming it to size, it touched the mod and when I peeled it back, it took paint with it, theres a lot to be said for pre-cut wraps.
Suddenly a R90 silicone sleeve doesnt seem so expensive. :D
IMG_3433.JPG
ps my fire button is perfect, thats just the camera angle playing tricks. ;)

I cut the vinyl larger with the intention of trimming it to size, it touched the mod and when I peeled it back, it took paint with it, theres a lot to be said for pre-cut wraps.
View attachment 74571
Damn! Sorry to see that Bumblebee. Too be honest I'm saddened to read how bad the paint job is on the Smok Alien. And here I was going around saying, "Kangertech mods/tanks will strip their paint if you look at them skeef"
But check out zapwrapz he has a lot of options for the Alien. Maybe it would be a good idea to remove whatever shoddy paint is on there before attaching your wrap. Lest it come off with the shoddy paint beneath it...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

View attachment 74571

Thanks for the warning blujeenz. I will definitely keep that in mind when I get the courage to start the surgery.
Busy stripping the paint off at the moment. Fortunately ... or unfortunately actually ... the paint is coming off easily by scrapping it with my nail.

Thanks for the warning blujeenz. I will definitely keep that in mind when I get the courage to start the surgery.
Busy stripping the paint off at the moment. Fortunately ... or unfortunately actually ... the paint is coming off easily by scrapping it with my nail.
Where on earth did you guys buy your mod from? :eek:
Bought mine from Sir Vape and the paint is fine. Tried scratching the bottom with my nail and nothing comes off ... Sucks, pity the vendors cannot send it directly back to Smok with a label on the container: "Get your Sh!t Together". :WATCHINGYOU:

Where on earth did you guys buy your mod from? :eek:
Bought mine from Sir Vape and the paint is fine. Tried scratching the bottom with my nail and nothing comes off ... Sucks, pity the vendors cannot send it directly back to Smok with a label on the container: "Get your Sh!t Together". :WATCHINGYOU:
Do you think the vendor will do something about it? Or are we going to hear " you dropped it in an acid bath after you put it in your paint eating piranha tank, just before you sandblasted it" blame shifts.

Maybe we should try though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

View attachment 74571
@blujeenz - is there a way to take the panels apart?
I had a signwriting company for many moons, and can help with some advice re the vinyl, xx

@blujeenz - is there a way to take the panels apart?
I had a signwriting company for many moons, and can help with some advice re the vinyl, xx
It all comes apart fairly easily with the help of a teeny torx screwdriver and a soldering iron to free the top from the board. The issue I have with vinyl is the edges never stay down, they always tend to lift over time. Hydro dipping might be an option although I don't have any experience with it so can't comment on its durability or cost.

My Alien is currently chilling in the garage, will reassemble tomorrow evening once the paint has had its 24 hour curing session.

For what it's worth, mine came from Dragon Vapes, the authenticity code checks out, mine was from batch 160825, was manufactured on 2016-08-25 and I received it on 2016-11-03

It all comes apart fairly easily with the help of a teeny torx screwdriver and a soldering iron to free the top from the board. The issue I have with vinyl is the edges never stay down, they always tend to lift over time. Hydro dipping might be an option although I don't have any experience with it so can't comment on its durability or cost.

My Alien is currently chilling in the garage, will reassemble tomorrow evening once the paint has had its 24 hour curing session.

For what it's worth, mine came from Dragon Vapes, the authenticity code checks out, mine was from batch 160825, was manufactured on 2016-08-25 and I received it on 2016-11-03
If there is some space to "fold" the vinyl around the edges - cut vinyl into shape of the panel (slightly larger), take vinyl backing off, place sticky side up, apply sunlight liquid (mix with water, about 50/50), make sure there is no grime and dust or dog hair, put panel on the vinyl. Turn around, smooth out (credit card works well as a squeegy, take hair dryer, blow dry, but not not too hot, you'll get the "feel" after a while - the heat helps with the adhesion, especially on corners, and also with the stretch around the edges. Use a nt-cutter to cut excess vinyl, and voila!

My verification also checks out:
BatchNumber: 160811
ManufactureDate 2016-08-11
Bought from Vapeshop

Must say that I am not overly keen to take mine apart in order to do the vinyl coating. I kinda feel that once I take out the screws I'll be going down the rabbit hole. One wrong move and I'll be screwed - and not in a fun way.
My main concern is that this is my only e-cig.
No Alien = No Puff = G gets rough

Back