Coils included are the quadcoil 0.15ohm and tri coil 0.2ohm

Mod
Evic VT in power mode, full 60W
Smok TFV4 with quad coil

Juice
Orion Galaxy 80/20 VG/PG

First Impressions
Oh wow look at those clouds!!!
The air flow even on the smallest is quite substantial and on fully open is a lovely wide open effortless draw with fantastic flavour and thick dense clouds. The problem that I had (which I never thought I'd have) was I felt like I needed more power. Purchased the eVic and subox in the past month thinking I am highly unlikely to need more than 50W-60W.

Nonetheless, I thoroughly went through juice testing out the quad as well as tri coil and with chain vaping hit after hit with long draws, I can conclude that both of these coils wick perfectly and there was not even a hint of a muted flavour or dry burning.

Coils
Absolutely massive and work 100% as marketed.
Pic for comparison
20150804_081611-01.jpg

Rebuilding
The deck is a nice size which is a big plus for rebuilding. Juice wells are a bit of distance from the coils so going to take me a few tries to get it to wick perfectly.
Initially tried a nickel build to use with TC and was working well but I feel that defeats the purpose of the tank so out came the nickel and in went a 0.7ohm 8 wrap kanthal build. Thirty watts was enough now with decent wicking and great flavour and clouds. I still have not perfected the coiling and wicking on this device and will be eagerly building until I do find the perfect setup.

The Drip Tip
Outer ring approximately 14mm end to end about 7mm inner. Nice that it also has the option to open 4 air holes on the outer ring for more air to cool the vapour. Really makes a difference and depending on my setup, I use both open and closed
20150805_074815-01.jpg

Filling
Top fill-hands down the easiest from any device I've ever used. I ha a zephyrus prior to this tank which still required unscrewing. This is simple flick the top cap open and the filler cover is rubber allowing expansion if need be to accommodate any dropper or bottle. It will be interesting to see how the hinge and rubber wear over a prolonged period.

20150805_074851-01.jpg

Juice Consumption
lol:rofl:

Overall
Surpassed my expectations. The office fogged up is now a constant state of affairs.
Best tank I've used. Its 24mm diameter so expected it to look out of place on my mods but actually isn't bad. One needs to bear in mind that your mod needs to be able to fire at low ohms in order to use standard coils. The standard coil resistances are quite low and therefore can't be used on my kbox mini (From subox kit)
Other tanks are going to have a hard time keeping up :p

20150805_070644_004-01.jpg 20150805_070644_013-01.jpg 20150805_070644_023-01.jpg 20150805_070517_030-01.jpg

Pros
Great flavour
Lovely wide open airflow-its like breathing
Feels like a well built quality item
Looks good
Love the drip tip
Decent tank capacity given the size of the device and those huge coils

Cons
Juice consumption
Replacement coils are expected to be on the pricey side
Dual coil deck isn't available yet

EDIT:
Observations
With chain vaping in quick succession as well as long hits, the tank does get quite hot when using the standard tri or quad coils. Not just slightly warm, definitely on the hot side.

Would I recommend buying it?
shia-labeouf-most-intense-motivational-speech.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for detailed review. I will definitely be getting one of these bad boys!

Great review @Cave Johnson ... When you get a chance, in between changing the weather with those clouds, please post a pick of the RBA deck..

Thanks for the review. Quite interested in one but don't think my istick will keep up! e-greedy.gif

UPDATE:
So after a few tries with the deck, finally seem to have built it well and thoroughly enjoying the tank.
I wouldn't say 100% perfect yet, but almost there.
There's definitely a learning curve with the wicking on this deck. Not as easy as the subtank or zephyrus.

UPDATE:
So after a few tries with the deck, finally seem to have built it well and thoroughly enjoying the tank.
There's definitely a learning curve with the wicking on this deck. Not as easy as the subtank or zephyrus.
Picture pls !

UPDATE:
Where did you get it?

So the best thing about this is the tri and quad coils, yet no pic of either of them?

Great review @Cave Johnson
Commercial cloud blowing machine!

:FACEPALM:

View attachment 33363
Google image search.. Quad on the Left, Tri on the right....

I know what they look like, saw it a few weeks ago already, but if you doing a review focus on the main feature of the product and post the pics.

Anyway, maybe he was just too excited, which can happen.

I know what they look like, saw it a few weeks ago already, but if you doing a review focus on the main feature of the product and post the pics.

I'm not sure if you missed the first post, or just didn't bother reading it all together, but the pics were posted already.

I'm not sure if you missed the first post, or just didn't bother reading it all together, but the pics were posted already.

Where?

Under the sub heading, Coils, in the original post, which contained a review of the Smok TFV4. May not be a pic from the top of the coil, but it is a pic of the coils nonetheless.

Under the sub heading, Coils, in the original post, which contained a review of the Smok TFV4. May not be a pic from the top of the coil, but it is a pic of the coils nonetheless.

Ahh, sorry my Xray vision was switched off, I missed it.
Lets not bicker about it and destroy this thread any further, it is a decent review, perhaps I should have been more diplomatic with what I would call constructive criticism.
Ill know for next time!

Bro, I typed a review to inform the community.
I did it quite in-depth even though the second line states clearly "mini first impressions review" .Emphasis on "mini" so maybe you got a little too excited and missed that part.

When other members asked for something, (@skola wanted a pic of the deck) it was done in a tactful manner and I gladly obliged.

I may have not showed the coils that you hold so dearly but I stated how they perform and even showed how they perform so I think I covered that, thank you.

Anyway, not gonna carry on bickering with you. Peace.

Back