Smok Xpro M50

VandaL

Vaping Enthusiast
LV

Awards
The Dragons of have landed :party:
So far I'm not digging it. I'll just do a short pros and cons so far, photo shoot later :p

Pros,
1. It's Tiny, fits perfectly in the hand
2. The paint job on the grey looks top notch, really feels like a classy device

Cons,
1. Ohm reader is incorrect, reads ever atty 0.1 lower then what they actually are. My billow is built at 0.33ohm but this device reads it at 0.2 which translates to 3.3v @ 50w which is terrible. The atty reads 0.33 and @ 50w gives 4.06v on the IPV 3 which makes a massive difference to the vape. The ohm reader issue seems to be a problem everyone is having with this device.

2. Mech mode is a joke, I have a almost fully charged Samsung 25R in it yet in mech mode @ 0.2ohm it says its only giving me between 42-44w which is around 3.2v o_O

These are just my initial thoughts on the device but I suppose the ohm reader problem can be remedied by building higher ohms resulting in larger coils(if same guage used) which results in longer heat up times anyway -.-

I take the same 25R out and put it in my SMPL and it hits SOOOO much better then in the SMOK. :emo:

The dragons of?
Any links? Pics?

The dragons of?
Any links? Pics?
Lol , it's a nickname some M50 owners have given the device.

Dragons,
ySfR4jW.jpg

smok-xpro-m50.jpg

Ah, I see. The cons you mentioned immediately put me off this device.

I'm worried... I have a Smok BEC Pro arriving tomorrow morning, hope they arent prone to the same. It was either the BEC Pro or this, somewhat glad I didnt go with this now

That is bizarre. On mine the Ohm reading on the M50 is in line with my Ohm reader, iStick, and Vamo. This is all at 0.5 and above, so I don't know if it is an issue lower than that.

I had that happen with my 0.5 build a few times...it shows 0.4 right after screwing it on, but then when I fire it adjusts up to 0.5 and stays there.

I'm worried... I have a Smok BEC Pro arriving tomorrow morning, hope they arent prone to the same. It was either the BEC Pro or this, somewhat glad I didnt go with this now
I have a SMOK Xpro bt50 and I believe it's the same chip used as the BEC Pro and I have no issues at all.

Eish..

@VandaL So what ur saying is that "mech mode' is just a gimmick.. I think i need to wait for a few good reviews on all the mini divices coming out before i take the plunge.

Eish..

@VandaL So what ur saying is that "mech mode' is just a gimmick.. I think i need to wait for a few good reviews on all the mini divices coming out before i take the plunge.
Yea bro, I was like wtf. This 25R has very little usage on it, probably sitting at around 4.0 - 4.1v yet the XPRO says its only feeding 3.2v to the atty. As you can imagine the vape is just BLEH. yet the same battery in my SMPL performs just fine.

@free3dom Yea, I'm not sure if it's a batch issue or what but, I read 2 other reviews on the device and both seem to say the same thing about the Ohm reading. One guy had an atlantis which is famous for reading between 0.55 - 0.6 filled up, he noted it reading 0.4 on the M50. Maybe it's fixable by a firmware update. I have 3 unopened units with me, just need to get permission from the owners to test it:--P or not :devil: muwahaha

Last edited:
Yea bro, I was like wtf. This 25R has very little usage on it, probably sitting at around 4.0 - 4.1v yet the XPRO says its only feeding 3.2v to the atty. As you can imagine the vape is just BLEH. yet the same battery in my SMPL performs just fine.

@free3dom Yea, I'm not sure if it's a batch issue or what but, I read a 2 other reviews on the device and both seem to say the same thing about the Ohm reading. One guy had an atlantis which is famous for reading between 0.55 - 0.6 filled up, he noted it reading 0.4 on the M50. Maybe it's fixable by a firmware update. I have 3 unopened units with me, just need to get permission from the owners to test it:--P or not :devil: muwahaha

in that case, best just to keep it in VW mode...

So got permission to open one. Ohm reader is the same.

So got permission to open one. Ohm reader is the same.

Maybe mine is reading under too :eek:...I don't exactly trust the iStick/Vamo to be have the most reliable readers out there, especially in the sub-ohm region, where they can't even fire...and to be honest I have a smok ohm reader...so :rofl:

I haven't had any such issues with my BT50 - 3 of my Atlantis coils measure at 0.5Ω, as they do on my Fluke 70. I also used it for a day in 'mech' mode when my Aerotank Mega was messing around giving resistance readings of 3 to 4Ω, and it worked seemingly perfectly.

The only 'fault' I have found is the fact that it's step-down voltage is limited to around 0.6V; on a fresh battery it indicates 3.5V for a setting of 20W, although this actually gives 24W with a 0.5Ω coil. Not a huge problem, though.

01bBg54.png

SMPL, Stingray X, M50, IPV 2s, IPV2, Sigelie 100+
APsrZlD.png

M50 vs IPV2s
mITlynx.png

Side view
SEBVnS8.jpg

IPV 3(165w:tmi:) vs M50 (50w:blush:)

Fresh VTC5 in it hot of the charger, in mech mode it is useless. Put a 0.9 build on (reads 0.8) only pushes out 3.7v, 0.4 build 3.4v. So if you purchase this don't even bother with mech mode.

Tried 7 different attys on it every single one reads 0.1 lower then it should. Building higher res, I would say above 0.6 (0.5 on this mod) would work great. You of course use a higher wattage then you would on a device that works correctly;-). But the size of this mod is a serious winner, the finish just screams modern sheek lol. When you open up the battery cover (which is extremely annoying) you can see pretty much all the wiring and even the circuit board:eek:. I can see why they say don't change your battery often because the 'clamp' holding your 18650 seems like it will loosen over use thus causing battery rattle. I think a magnet mod is possible on the bottom, could get some reo magnets (4mm x 1mm) to fit perfectly,

Overall, if you build higher ohms then you usually would this device can be quite satisfying. I hope they fix the ohm reader with an update. It could then be close to perfect bar the battery cover. The paintjob on the grey model is just stellar. It fits really comfortably in the hand. Definitely mod I will be using in my rotation, just have to coil atty to suit it.

LNT91Ou.png

For R700-00 it's stellar :--P

01bBg54.png

SMPL, Stingray X, M50, IPV 2s, IPV2, Sigelie 100+
APsrZlD.png

M50 vs IPV2s
mITlynx.png

Side view
SEBVnS8.jpg

IPV 3(165w:tmi:) vs M50 (50w:blush:)

Fresh VTC5 in it hot of the charger, in mech mode it is useless. Put a 0.9 build on (reads 0.8) only pushes out 3.7v, 0.4 build 3.4v. So if you purchase this don't even bother with mech mode.

Tried 7 different attys on it every single one reads 0.1 lower then it should. Building higher res, I would say above 0.6 (0.5 on this mod) would work great. You of course use a higher wattage then you would on a device that works correctly;-). But the size of this mod is a serious winner, the finish just screams modern sheek lol. When you open up the battery cover (which is extremely annoying) you can see pretty much all the wiring and even the circuit board:eek:. I can see why they say don't change your battery often because the 'clamp' holding your 18650 seems like it will loosen over use thus causing battery rattle. I think a magnet mod is possible on the bottom, could get some reo magnets (4mm x 1mm) to fit perfectly,

Overall, if you build higher ohms then you usually would this device can be quite satisfying. I hope they fix the ohm reader with an update. It could then be close to perfect bar the battery cover. The paintjob on the grey model is just stellar. It fits really comfortably in the hand. Definitely mod I will be using in my rotation, just have to coil atty to suit it.

LNT91Ou.png

For R700-00 it's stellar :--P

Thanks for the pics, I love the look of this device, where did you pick it up for R700 if I may I ask?

Thanks for the pics, I love the look of this device, where did you pick it up for R700 if I may I ask?
Was on special @ www.heavengifts.com so did a group buy for 4 of them, DHL shipping here in 4 days. All inclusive cost us R700-00 each. If you are just buying 1 unit it is quite a bit cheaper to get it from one of our awesome local vape shops

Nice pictures and follow up @VandaL :D
It looks fantastic paired with the black Drop :O

It really is a great little device even though it has it's quirks...but given the price (even locally it's sub R1K) I'm very happy with it ;)

My IPV also sometimes gives an incorrect reading but one or two pulses then it adjust itself up to the right ohms.

Great write up and thanks for sharing @VandaL
Incidentally, which of those box mods do you find you use the most?

Great write up and thanks for sharing @VandaL
Incidentally, which of those box mods do you find you use the most?
Sigelie 100+ at home, ipv 2s or ipv2 on the move. It's crazy how much vape time u get with dual vtc5s. I suppose my ipv 3 will take the sigelie place when sapo finally decide it's time for me to recieve it.

Trying the xpro for out and about today, switched up my billow build to a 0.6(0.7) works pretty well at 50w

Ag no man. I was really interested in this to alternate between mech and regulated on one device.

But still looks like a good device.

BTOiCny.jpg

Actually enjoying this setup. Hummingbird by nicoticket for that summer litchi vibe :drunk:

Back