Smok Xpro M50

That is bizarre. On mine the Ohm reading on the M50 is in line with my Ohm reader, iStick, and Vamo. This is all at 0.5 and above, so I don't know if it is an issue lower than that.

I had that happen with my 0.5 build a few times...it shows 0.4 right after screwing it on, but then when I fire it adjusts up to 0.5 and stays there.
I have heard about the wrong ohm readings. I don't have that either. Mine has read as expected on everything I put on it.

Ag no man. I was really interested in this to alternate between mech and regulated on one device.

But still looks like a good device.
I alternate between them just fine. Didn't do a output reading (in mech mode), but (and this might be a blight on the mech I'm using :)), it performs exactly like my mech (which I like btw)..

So more to report.

This mod seems to not manage battery power efficiently. I ran it all day at 50w by around 4pm my VTC5 was at around 20% and the mod refuses to fire at 50w, throttles down to 45w. On a 0.7(0.6) build @ 50w it shouldn't be such a huge drain on this battery, only around 3ml used in the billow. I've used 0.7 builds @ 50w in my IPV2 and 2s and after finishing about 4.5ml(orchid) the battery is around 50%. Also my 0.7 coil sometimes reads 0.5 and you feel it immediately because the vape has lost a lot of 'ooomf'

So yesterday I sent quite a polite email to SMOK asking if there will be an update as the mod isn't reading resistance correctly and this is the reply I received. :emo:
u7SftCb.png

Maybe he's trolling? This device reads PREMADE Atlantis coils @ 0.4. Also I have 3 ohm readers and all tell me my billow is 0.73 yet it reads 0.6 on the M50:emo:

So more to report.

This mod seems to not manage battery power efficiently. I ran it all day at 50w by around 4pm my VTC5 was at around 20% and the mod refuses to fire at 50w, throttles down to 45w. On a 0.7(0.6) build @ 50w it shouldn't be such a huge drain on this battery, only around 3ml used in the billow. I've used 0.7 builds @ 50w in my IPV2 and 2s and after finishing about 4.5ml(orchid) the battery is around 50%. Also my 0.7 coil sometimes reads 0.5 and you feel it immediately because the vape has lost a lot of 'ooomf'

So yesterday I sent quite a polite email to SMOK asking if there will be an update as the mod isn't reading resistance correctly and this is the reply I received. :emo:
u7SftCb.png

Maybe he's trolling? This device reads PREMADE Atlantis coils @ 0.4. Also I have 3 ohm readers and all tell me my billow is 0.73 yet it reads 0.6 on the M50:emo:
I think you u might have a dud, which might point at some QC issues rather than a bad device? Mine reads the Atlantis right as well as all my other builds. The only time I see differences are with possible rounding issues because of the single digit resistance display.

As for battery life, mine comes in very close to what steam engine predicts.

Really sorry you are not experiencing my joy :)

I think you u might have a dud, which might point at some QC issues rather than a bad device? Mine reads the Atlantis right as well as all my other builds. The only time I see differences are with possible rounding issues because of the single digit resistance display.

As for battery life, mine comes in very close to what steam engine predicts.

Really sorry you are not experiencing my joy :)
Possibly the batch I received is defective. Because I tried 3 of them and all perform identically.

Just to add here, My Smok M50 is also running very accurate, compared to Ohm Tester, Been perfect so far. Sucks that you are having issues with yours.

So I'm not crazy, here's another guy with it and he's running an Atlantis and his also reads 0.4

So I'm not crazy, here's another guy with it and he's running an Atlantis and his also reads 0.4

Maybe.. But he loves it and thinks it's one of the best VW devices he's ever owned.. "just fantastic" (with Scottish accent) ;)

Maybe.. But he loves it and thinks it's one of the best VW devices he's ever owned.. "just fantastic" (with Scottish accent) ;)

Still loves it, but problems @ 1:50
1. Poor battery life
2. Bad ohm reader

and he's gone one step further, his fire button fell out lol

Definitely sounds like a bad batch , maybe check the serial numbers if any and see if they have the same batch number ?

Out of the hundreds sold , seems a few slipped through the QC cracks sure SMOK will assist ?

Still loves it, but problems @ 1:50
1. Poor battery life
2. Bad ohm reader

and he's gone one step further, his fire button fell out lol

It is a tad suspicious that they include an extra button.. :)

Last edited:
http://www.kickcigsnow.com/batteries-vaporizers/apv/box-style/review-smok-xpro-m50/

This chap does a very good job explaining another problem I have with this device :) I run a VTC5 in it and this battery will happily fire @ 50w on an IPV2 until its around 10% but in the Smok I start see the device go down in wattage as soon as the battery level goes below 50%. Quite lame :emo:

The third (and biggest) "gotcha" is that Smoktech did not include a buck converter on the chipset. That means that if your coil is sub-ohm (like the Atlantis and Subtank at 0.5 ohms), you will always be getting the rated power capacity of the battery charge through the coil, regardless of the wattage setting you selected on screen. For example, with a battery that has a capacity of 3.5 volts and the Atlantis with an 0.5 ohm coil, you will be getting 24.5 watts – even if you selected a wattage lower than this on the M50. No buck converter. So, if you prefer to vape at lower wattage, you will need to use a higher resistance coil (in the example used, you would have to be using at least an 0.8 ohm coil to achieve 16 watts). That's a serious limitation that removes flexibility from the vaper........

Nowhere in the Smok XPRO 50 documentation is it mentioned that there is no buck converter built into the device. Because of that, I will emphasize this portion and give some examples of how this affects the settings at various coil resistance.

To get the full range of wattage from 6.0 to 50.0 watts, you will need a coil resistance of 1.9 ohms. That's based on Ohm's Law. The XPRO M50 will stop working when it reaches 3.4 volts in the battery. So, from that voltage to fully charged and to achieve the full wattage range, you need to use Ohm's Law based at 3.4 volts and 6.0 watts – and Ohm's Law says that results in 1.9 ohm resistance. Here's some other possible settings, based on 3.4 volts:

• 7.0 watts: 1.7 ohms
  • 8.0 watts: 1.4 ohms
  • 9.0 watts: 1.3 ohms
  • 10.0 watts: 1.2 ohms
  • 11.0 watts: 1.1 ohms
  • 12.0 watts: 1.0 ohms
  • 13.0 watts: 0.9 ohms
  • 14.0 watts: 0.8 ohms
  • 15.0 watts: 0.8 ohms
  • 16.0 watts: 0.7 ohms

i noticed something yesterday when the battery went flat on my 1.1 ohm Lemo

When i put it on charge and it started charging, it said the battery was 38 %
I would have thought the battery would have been more flat than that
Unless it wasnt reading it properly
I wanted to pull out the battery and check its voltage but didnt feel like taking out the screws etc

Incidentally, I estimate i got about 4ml of juice at about 15 Watts on that 1.1 ohm coil
That seems reasonable i guess for this 2500 mah EFest 35A.
Will see how it goes in future

i noticed something yesterday when the battery went flat on my 1.1 ohm Lemo

When i put it on charge and it started charging, it said the battery was 38 %
I would have thought the battery would have been more flat than that
Unless it wasnt reading it properly
I wanted to pull out the battery and check its voltage but didnt feel like taking out the screws etc

Incidentally, I estimate i got about 4ml of juice at about 15 Watts on that 1.1 ohm coil
That seems reasonable i guess for this 2500 mah EFest 35A.
Will see how it goes in future

That is actually quite bad, I know some people are happy with this device. But I keep finding annoying issues with it. When I got my IPV2/V2s/Sig 100+ etc the performance has always been flawless. Maybe I'm spoilt, I understand the M50 is quiet a cheap device, which is cool but doesn't mean it should have this many drawbacks, after all you can get an IPV2 for the same price these days and it will outperform this thing any day of the week

Yip, @VandaL sounds to me this mod is form over function. Give me function any time. Thank you for taking the time to add to our knowledge base.

Has there been any clarity on the question around the upgrade to 65w being done outside of the factory?

Seems you have to send the device to SMOK. Really silly, since the device is shipped all over the world, nobody is going to pay to have it shipped to them for a 2min upgrade for only 15w

Has there been any clarity on the question around the upgrade to 65w being done outside of the factory?

No word yet, but I'm sure @Derick or @Melinda will let us know the moment they hear anything. Even though the upgrade may have to be done by Smok themselves it might be worthwhile if we get a bunch together and group send them if need be :D

Seems you have to send the device to SMOK. Really silly, since the device is shipped all over the world, nobody is going to pay to have it shipped to them for a 2min upgrade for only 15w

The upgrade also includes pass-through, or rather the ability to vape while charging...that alone makes the upgrade worthwhile IMO.

The upgrade also includes pass-through, or rather the ability to vape while charging...that alone makes the upgrade worthwhile IMO.
Totally, let's pay R300 to ship it to them :D

Hi Guys,

I spoke to my supplier and apparently you need a specific machine to upgrade the Smok M50 to the M65, Smok has shipped 1 of these machines to USA and 1 to UK.

Nothing yet to South Africa so lets take a vote as to who thinks we will actually get these machines?

Back