Smok Xpro M50

Nah, it doesn't bother me ... just found it interesting when looking at it more closely ... makes it unique ... I just want to re-align that cover over the screen, then I am happy ... functions 100%!
heh cool :)

i agree @LandyMan i haven't had eny problems with mi m50.still going strong,love this mini dragon

Not yet no, when we order our next batch (probably the m65) Smok is sending us some replacements, once I have those firmly in hand, there is a DOA one I want to examine in detail :)

I Derick, I am keeping my eyes on this thread, I want a black M65 please. When will you order?

@Derick got a few flavors from you today,already got 3 juices busy steeping,cant wait to try them out tho.but all in good time,will see you again soon for some more flavors.love going to you and @Melinda,you are friendly and give fantastic advice,thanks for the fantastic service.;)

@Derick got a few flavors from you today,already got 3 juices busy steeping,cant wait to try them out tho.but all in good time,will see you again soon for some more flavors.love going to you and @Melinda,you are friendly and give fantastic advice,thanks for the fantastic service.;)

Thanks for telling me you dweeb. I wanted to make a plan for a bottle of HH and a bent long pipe drip tip. :D

Big pleasure @gripen - love helping you guys out on your journey to DIY :)

hi @Derick ive noticed with my m50 when the battery gets about half,the mod reduces the watts that you are currently vaping on,is that a safety thing or does all the m50s do that.just curios

hi @Derick ive noticed with my m50 when the battery gets about half,the mod reduces the watts that you are currently vaping on,is that a safety thing or does all the m50s do that.just curios
Safety/practical thing on the M50's, basically it is saying that it can no longer pull the amount of voltage required from your battery to be able to do the watts you requested.

Other box mods will just report 'low battery' (like the istick for example) - you can then adjust wattage down yourself and vape some more - the M50 just does this automatically - I think all the way down to 10W before doing the normal 'low battery' thing.

fantastic thanks @Derick Thoth it was to do with safety of the battery.it s a pretty cool feature,ja ive seen mine dropping to 15watts and then go down to 10watts and then go over to low battery

fantastic thanks @Derick Thoth it was to do with safety of the battery.it s a pretty cool feature,ja ive seen mine dropping to 15watts and then go down to 10watts and then go over to low battery
Personally, I think they are to conservative with their 'lower the wattage' software, but then again, the user supplies the battery and they have no idea what you have in there, so they gotta err on the side of caution

i agree @Derick,you get some idiots that don't follow the simple rules of vaping.

10919475_1387497688226000_1471622624_n.jpg

That looks purdy

So now that folks have had some time to use the smok m50/65 what is the consensus on build quality and the wattage indicators.

I want to buy one buy the ecf forums have bad reviews on the device.

Sent from my S5 while vaping on my Subtank

So now that folks have had some time to use the smok m50/65 what is the consensus on build quality and the wattage indicators.

I've used both the M50 (and recently the M65) since the start of the year and I can totally attest to the quality of this device. There were a few bad units, but these seem to have been in the first batches (as is to be expected).

Build quality is probably the best of the mini mods (those in the same price range anyways) and it has not given me a single problem since I got it...and I use it as my main device. It really feels great in your hand and it looks good too. The edges are rounded just enough to make it extremely confortable to hold without making it look like a fully rounded iStick. It also has great venting to ensure the unit stays cool. I've seen the device handle more stress than you will likely ever need - firing 10-20 times at high power for 10 seconds at a time with 1-2 seconds of waiting in between, it got very hot but not overly so and still worked perfectly with no issues.

I have used it with various RTAs (Kayfun, Lemo, SubTank Mini) as well as RDAs (Tugboat v2, Stillare) and it has worked perfectly with all of them - no connection issues whatsoever (and the 510 is adjustable if the need should arise).

One problem people do have with the device is that the Ohm reader works different than what they are used to. It displays the resitance with a single decimal, but unlike most other devices it does not round the value - so a 0.59 ohm coil displays as 0.5 and not 0.6. However, this is done on purpose as internally it calculates power based on the 0.59 and not the displayed 0.5. So it does not work incorrectly...just different.

All in all I absolutely love this device and would absolutely recommend it - preferably the M65 version, which has pass-through charging :D

If you are looking for a mini 50w mod, the istick 50w is hands down the best at the moment. If you are looking for a mini mod with POWER then the IPV mini 2 70w. They are both in the same price range as the SMOK and have better build quality. The SMOK has a nice industrial look to it but that's the only pro I can give that device.

@Silver, thanks for the review, I was put off by the other forum where people were saying that the device does not fire at the higher wattages when the battery is 60% full. Have you experienced this at all?

@Silver, thanks for the review, I was put off by the other forum where people were saying that the device does not fire at the higher wattages when the battery is 60% full. Have you experienced this at all?

That is 100% true. The device does not have a buck converter, which basically means it works of the voltage of your battery. Ive had a mate with a M50 put a fully charged EFEST in it with a 0.4ohm coil and it immediately goes down to 45w. Mine used to drop the wattage to 45w-40w around 60% as well. The iStick 50w plugs away @ 50w till there is almost zero battery left. The iPV mini happily fires @ 70w till there is around 10-15% battery left.

If you want a device that performs consistently above 30W then it would be best to go with any of the various dual battery devices out there such as the iStick 50W, Smok M80, Sigelei 100W, etc.

At high wattage (50W+) you will drain a single 18650 (2500mAh) fairly quickly.

@VandaL and @free3dom, thanks for the info, I don't need more than 30w ATM but you know that if it's there we will want to use it.

Guess the istick 50w now and then the M80 layer. ..

Back