Squape [R]s and Kayfun v4 (Lemaga Clones)

Lehan

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi

So while i needed to get a few goodies after the holidays from VapeKing, I saw big specials on the above, so a grabbed both of them... :)

Seen as i am using the Kangertech K-Box Mod, i have heard some issues with other tanks seen as the 510 connector on the K-Box is not spring-loaded.

Has anyone used one of these tanks on a K-box? Do they work, if not, they will probably end up being donated :)

Any comments on the quality, pro's & con's on the tanks will be appreciated.

I used that Squape on the KBox for a while, it's a great combo. The Squape is the easiest tank I've ever had the pleasure of building on and it's great for flavour, it also does pretty well at clouding up a room. I found the airflow a bit restricted for my liking but it is by no means too tight, I would also not call this a mouth to lung type tank. The only con is filling, the space around the chimney where you need to get the juice in is very small so filling needs to be done patiently. Also, it can be opened up with juice still in the tank to get to your build. Overall it's a great tank, well worth the money and even better seeing as it was on special.

I can't comment on the KF4, I gave that one a miss because it just looks too complicated and it's more of a MTL tank.

No info on these tanks from anyone? @Silver @Andre @Rob Fisher you guys know all? Lol

Both are tanks I never fancied and never bought... but with the tanks that are available these days I would always recommend something newer albeit more expensive because the happiness factor would be higher.

That being said both tanks would be fine if they are at a special price....

Have not tried those tanks @Lehan
But the guys above have given great input. Lol @BumbleBee your description of the Squape got me thinking.... Hehe
If you have trouble with the Kayfun, I am sure @andro can help you out

Let us know how it goes
Am worried about that non spring loaded 510 on the mod. I suppose dont overtighten the tanks on it.

Thanks for all the replies, will let you guys know as soon as i have fired them up.

Okay so I received my goodies today from Vapeking. Quickly build a 1.0ohm coil for the Squape tank, wicked it and filled with some strawberry cream jooooose. Awesome tank, from the word go, great flavour, very easy to build and wick, no issues with it being a clone, seems to seal very well and all threads are machined well.
cc0efcfbb91d09603cda0ebe98276a1a.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Soooooo

Late last night i played around with the Kayfun v4. Took some time to figure out how exactly everything comes together and how the RTA actually works, after hasseling for almost an hour to get it assembled after taking it apart, lol, i stuck in a coil and fired the base up. at this time the little screw in the center of the 510 connector was not tightened fully and it made contact with the mod.

I then wicked the coil, filled the tank and assembled the tank to the base. (still unsure how the juice feed and air channels work)...

Putting it back onto the K-box mini the 510 connector did not make contact. Playing around with it, loosening the center screw just a bit, it does make contact with the mod off and on, causing the ohms to go up and down. Being scared to either damage the mod and or the battery i took the tank off and left it. With the center screw a bit loose, there is some movement in the bottom part of the tank.

This being said, i guess the Kayfun's 510 pin is too short for the non spring loaded connector and will this not work successfully on the k-box mini.
I was wondering in anyone maybe has a k-box mini and a kayfun v4 that could check this out?
@andro - if you have some info on this i will highly appreciate any imput.

Soooooo

Late last night i played around with the Kayfun v4. Took some time to figure out how exactly everything comes together and how the RTA actually works, after hasseling for almost an hour to get it assembled after taking it apart, lol, i stuck in a coil and fired the base up. at this time the little screw in the center of the 510 connector was not tightened fully and it made contact with the mod.

I then wicked the coil, filled the tank and assembled the tank to the base. (still unsure how the juice feed and air channels work)...

Putting it back onto the K-box mini the 510 connector did not make contact. Playing around with it, loosening the center screw just a bit, it does make contact with the mod off and on, causing the ohms to go up and down. Being scared to either damage the mod and or the battery i took the tank off and left it. With the center screw a bit loose, there is some movement in the bottom part of the tank.

This being said, i guess the Kayfun's 510 pin is too short for the non spring loaded connector and will this not work successfully on the k-box mini.
I was wondering in anyone maybe has a k-box mini and a kayfun v4 that could check this out?
@andro - if you have some info on this i will highly appreciate any imput.
Normally ohm jumping is related to the little screw that hold the coil not to be thigth enough. Any chanche of getting a photo of your build ?

uploadfromtaptalk1452758148079.JPG

I must admit it's not the prettiest coil build.

Ordered a Squape from Vapeking. For R150 how could i not. I have been lookign for an easy build single coil MTL tank to replace my Nautilus mini. Hope it does the trick. Unfortunately it is orange.

Ordered a Squape from Vapeking. For R150 how could i not. I have been lookign for an easy build single coil MTL tank to replace my Nautilus mini. Hope it does the trick. Unfortunately it is orange.
Mine came with 2 tank options, 1 x coloured tank and 1x silver tank. I bought the red one last year. @Lehan did you get a silver tank with yours?

@Heckers there is a blue one too, maybe they can swap it out for you if it hasn't shipped yet?
http://www.vapeking.co.za/squape-r-s-rta-clone-by-lemaga.html

@Heckers - its actually red, i ordered the same. See my next post for pic.

@BumbleBee - I got two tanks, a silver and red aswell as two air flow rings matching the tank colors.

fa301ae1ec7ab584a32f42f7fe1548e4.jpg

I'm very pleased with this tank, extreamely easy to build and great flavour.

View attachment 43174

I must admit it's not the prettiest coil build.

Did u took it all apart first clean and put back together as it should? Im asking because i saw in clones sometime they make a mistake and put the screw that connect the bottom part in the wrong place .
Just checking because normally the 510 screw protude quite a bit

Hi @andro

Took it all apart, cleaned with some vodka, rinsed it all off, dried and reassembled it. Reason for this is that it smelled like oil after being machined.

I will have a look at it again tonight and make sure it is assembled correctly. As me knowledge goes, when the center screw is tightened, it is level with the outside of the 510 connector, i very much doubt that it protrudes at all.

If i do not come right, ill take some photos to discuss tomorrow if you don't mind?

Hi @andro

Took it all apart, cleaned with some vodka, rinsed it all off, dried and reassembled it. Reason for this is that it smelled like oil after being machined.

I will have a look at it again tonight and make sure it is assembled correctly. As me knowledge goes, when the center screw is tightened, it is level with the outside of the 510 connector, i very much doubt that it protrudes at all.

If i do not come right, ill take some photos to discuss tomorrow if you don't mind?
Thats perfect . One thing ive done before was using a really small oring around the screw to add some thickness . It worked well. Because the 510 keep it in place and the screw will make contact due to the friction . Dont bin it . Is a wonderful mtl tank .

I have the KF4 and Squape [R]s from Vape King though I'm using them with the eVic-VTC Mini. The Squape is incredible easy to build and use but the difficulty filling and the whistling sound it makes from the air holes while pulling on it puts me off the tank. I prefer the KF4 despite the complexity I find it works far better once you've gotten the thing together.

The Air screw below the center screw (you need to take it right out) but you want to be careful here as the juice control can cause a headache or 2 if you're not careful with it. Id actually recommend holding the juice control in place an perfectly still while adjusting the air. If the whole ring comes off you need to be sure to screw it back onto the juice control (protruding center thread) before inserting the center screw.

I've read warning all over the place about not over-tightening the juice control too. So be careful of that. I don't expect you'll need to worry about this part more than once or twice.

Making the coil is pretty standard just make sure you tighten the screws properly i had one work itself loose and my mod kept telling me that There was no atomizer attached.

EDIT: One of your pics you've left the collar on around the coil. I'm not sure if you put it back on for the picture or build with it on but its much easier to build the coil without it on.

Hi @David Ferreira

I'm using a needle bottle to fill my Squape. I saw its going to be a hassle so i just stick the needle down the side and off you go. The whistling i heard on the first few drags, was a bit annoying but it stopped. I've been using this tank from last night and the whole day today, ran about 10ml - 12ml of juice through it and the flavour makes it worth all the negatives.

I stripped the KF4 completely last night, as i said in a earlier post, i have not yet completely managed to figure out how the juice control and air control works. Ill probably play around with it tonight and see if i can get it up and running.

If you need some help let me know I had mine in pieces last week trying to figure the whole thing out. Took me about an hour and a half to put back together.

I'll have to try the squape again this weekend for a while and see if the whistle goes away for me too. Maybe after a few beers so it doesn't bother me as much. Though if I'm being honest at the moment I prefer the flavour the KF4 delivers anyway. I'll stick another wick and coil in maybe i just messed that. What resistance and wattage are you running it at?

I'm currently running a 0.9ohm coil at 24watt. Nice cool vape with some VK gummyberry juice.

So I just spend some time on the KF4 again. Complete strip, clean, assemble ect, the issue was a little white connector bolt beneath the deck was the wrong way around.

Got it fired up, but has a bubbly sound from the liquid, sounds like I'm sucking air through the liquid like in the case of smoking a hubbly, this can't be right. I totally removed the air bolt....?

The next question I have, the little bolt in the center of the 510 connector isn't under tension. This means if I turn it out a little to make contact, keep in mind I don't have a spring loaded 510 on my mod, the small bolt is loose, if however it was under tension from the spring below the deck, I will be able to set it where I want and the bolt won't be fiddling around.

I looked on the parts diagram supplied with, but still can't figure it out completely. I have however tried to tension the little bolt and white plastic connector nut with the spring in between them but was unable to let the bolt catch onto the nut.

So I'm not completely sure where what fits into one another and what is causing the juice bubbling.

I'm currently running a 0.9ohm coil at 24watt. Nice cool vape with some VK gummyberry juice.

So I just spend some time on the KF4 again. Complete strip, clean, assemble ect, the issue was a little white connector bolt beneath the deck was the wrong way around.

Got it fired up, but has a bubbly sound from the liquid, sounds like I'm sucking air through the liquid like in the case of smoking a hubbly, this can't be right. I totally removed the air bolt....?

The next question I have, the little bolt in the center of the 510 connector isn't under tension. This means if I turn it out a little to make contact, keep in mind I don't have a spring loaded 510 on my mod, the small bolt is loose, if however it was under tension from the spring below the deck, I will be able to set it where I want and the bolt won't be fiddling around.

I looked on the parts diagram supplied with, but still can't figure it out completely. I have however tried to tension the little bolt and white plastic connector nut with the spring in between them but was unable to let the bolt catch onto the nut.

So I'm not completely sure where what fits into one another and what is causing the juice bubbling.

Did u pack the cotton in? I normally like to pack it because in that way it doesnt give dry it . ( pack it into the deck)
Did u try the small o ring before putting back the 510 screw?
That work for tension .

Back