Starting Out Right - Die Kriek's Vaping Diary

Nice Kriek, VM's Menthol Ice can change any gagga e-liquid into something vapeable.

Nice Kriek, VM's Menthol Ice can change any gagga e-liquid into something vapeable.

Well VK4 was never gagga, just got the idea to add some anyway, and although I wont say it's better, it's still damn nice!

Well VK4 was never gagga, just got the idea to add some anyway, and although I wont say it's better, it's still damn nice!

Yes I know, I also enjoy VK4 as well as VM4 - was just trying to hint that if you have any gagga on hand then ..... ;)

Day 26. Busy busy busy! And I'm not the only one, been off for just half a day and my unread count is over 100 :eek:.

Letting the mixes go for a bit and vaping straight up. Yesterday was Vape Elixir Original and VKB Amaretto, today is VK4 and VKB Amarula. My sense of taste is definitely still not back to 100% yet, Amaretto has gone from a very flat sweet taste to a more full spicy taste. Original, which was very sweet the first time I vaped it, and has had a sweet taste every time, now suddenly is giving me no sweet taste at all. VK4 seems to have lost something. Not exactly sure what, it's still a great vape, but I feel like there's something missing. As for Amarula, my sweet sweet Amarula, now here's a juice that has completely transformed! It is an entirely new flavour to me now, granted I have not vaped it in more than a week, but I don't think steeping can transform a plain juice this much! It's become almost a spicy taste, much more like the Amarula liqueur than the fruit, there is still a hint of sweetness, but not a lot. As you can probably tell I am not a master at describing tastes (will get @Silver to give me some tips ;-)) so all this changing of flavours has me very much confused! And the flavours are becoming so different, I'm having a hard time keeping up!

And just to confuse things even more, my VM juice order is in, 10 different juices! Hoping to find a gem in there, something I can just settle down with for a while until my senses have settled. VK4/VM4 are close, but not quite there yet

Tip: don't settle too quickly on a flavour @Die Kriek, keep on "shocking" your taste buds - vapour's tongue can very easily come back when vaping only one flavour.

Tip: don't settle too quickly on a flavour @Die Kriek, keep on "shocking" your taste buds - vapour's tongue can very easily come back when vaping only one flavour.
I always have something with a bit of menthol in daily rotation to clear out the nasal passages and wake up the tastebuds.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

This diary is awesome! Making me super psyched for my vape mail!

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk

Day 27. Was vaping VM Strawberry most of yesterday. Man is that a powerful juice!! Anyhow, late into the evening, after a strong cup of coffee and some Menthol Ice to get the Strawberry taste out I finished off the VK4 and filled with VM4. My how the VM4 taste has evolved! It has now jumped into my top spot. So most of this morning I have been trying to figure out why.

Man this was so much easier when I just started out! A juice was sweet or not, full or flat, and that was it! Now these things are getting body! Becoming alive!! And that is what I think went wrong with VK4, the flavours have become more pronounced, yes, but the juice itself does not have that 'pop', it's not alive, VM4 is. The VM4 taste has become more than just a taste, every puff has a story to tell, sometimes the flavours dance around each other, each playing it's own little game on the senses, and sometimes they combine into one masterpiece of taste! And it is this, the playful, almost trickster'ish edge to VM4 that I have come to love and want, I did not realise this the last time I had VM4 filled up, as I was not looking for it, but after that VK4 just has not been the same, and now I know why

I hope this makes sense, this journey has just become one amazingly fast paced rollercoaster ride, and I am struggling to keep up, to make sense of it all, but one thing I do know, I want to, I have to keep riding!!

Day 29 it is, approaching one month STINKIE FREE!!

Had some VE Original and diluted Menthol Ice yesterday, tried the TopQ Coffee again, but it has now found a permanent spot at the back of the juice box. Where other juices keep getting better, coffee has gone from a favorite to absolutely horrible! The diluted MI is actually quite nice! Really an enjoyable vape once the 'Ice' is brought down a bit.

Today it's Berry/Ice and VK4 again. Actually thought about Lizzie Mix (VK4/Mixed Berries) for a bit, but didn't have time for concoctions, so just filled each separately and chucked MI in the baggy. Why I left Berry/Ice for so long I do not know, but it is a really great mix! Just need to find the right balance of berries to ice. VK4 seems to be very heavy on the Vanilla this morning, getting very little of the Caramel and Tobacco, but I do like vanilla, so it's not too big a deal.

I just can't wait for my VM juices to arrive! Vanilla Custard is almost empty ;(, only a few drops left. VM4 has enough for one tank, but that has to last until the new batch has steeped some

i tried the topQ coffee in the tastebox and have to agree with you, definitely an in case of real emergency type juice... hahaha it's so cool that you've named a mix after me :rock: i love it!!! hahaha thanks Kriek ;)

i tried the topQ coffee in the tastebox and have to agree with you, definitely an in case of real emergency type juice... hahaha it's so cool that you've named a mix after me :rock: i love it!!! hahaha thanks Kriek ;)
It was your idea that sparked the mix. Only right to give credit where credit is due. Plus 'Lizzie Mix' just sounds so perfect

Day 30! And I need help again

Time to get my next VK order in, and I'm stuck on a few things. Particularly recoiling goods, so calling on the master PT coil builders here (I know @Silver is one, can't remember who else).
So, first question. What guage of Kanthal should I get? Most of the rebuilds I have seen has been with 28G, but there's no stock of 28, so should I go 26G or 32G?
Second question. Ohm meter, is it a must have?
And lastly. Blowtorch, why, and is it a must have? I've seen on RIP's vids he always torches PT coils, but never RBA coils, but never explains why

And then a general question, depending on what else I get, I can get 3-6 VK juices, am open to recommendations.

the problem with the PT coils, is very limited space

28G you need to do about 8-10 wraps on a 1.5 ID whicuh gives you 1.5ohm coil
32 G you need to do 5/6 wraps on a 1.5 ID and that gets you about a 1.8 Ohm coil

32G is very springy wire, so it helps to fire it - removes some of the springiness, which makes it easier to coil.

The one coil rip trippers made is a nano coil @ 28G with 12 wraps on a 1mil ID. I tried that coil, and it works a charm, but it is really tough to keep it from shorting

@Die Kriek order of preference quickest to slowest):
1) chefs blowtorch?
2) gas oven/stove top?
3) gas lighter (the ones that make the little crazy hot flames)
3a) gas soldering iron (with solder tip removed)

order of use: whichever one is closest, all do the job

why do it? it sets the coil in that position. The wire somehow gets a memory or a shape and tends to retain the position that it cooled down in, so first port of call is to warm it up, set it in place, then cool it down.
You can do this in situ on an rba (and he does, and so do many others), but not on a protank...need to set the coil beforehand.

Caution: if doing it in situ, dont keep fire button pressed down when approaching coil with metal tweezers. You will make a short. Thats why those ceramic tipped tweezers are actually handy. Personally, I avoid this whole issue by torching all my coils standalone before fitting. Then only fiddle, and fiddle carefully, once fitted

Ok so, 32G, must torch it. Should be fine as long as I keep it to 5/6 wraps at 1.5mm ID, no need to measure ohms? See now VK's Ohm meters are out of stock anyway

Ok so, 32G, must torch it. Should be fine as long as I keep it to 5/6 wraps at 1.5mm ID, no need to measure ohms? See now VK's Ohm meters are out of stock anyway
Also be careful when torching it, if you torch it too much it can snap when you are wrapping your coil

VK order is in, 32G kanthal, silica wick, extra coils in case I screw up (which most likely will happen). And some joosez. VK4, Vanilla Cream and Bubblegum. Next mission, raid Tzaneen's DIY shops for a blowtorch

Day 31. I have just passed the one month mark a few minutes ago :party:. Really did not think it would be this easy, or fun! But here I am, I have not once spoiled the taste of my vape with a stinky in all that time!

Now for the sad news. Temptation got the better of me, my VM4 is finished, and I have my last few drops of VK4 loaded at the moment, got some Berry/Ice running in the other tank. Tuesday can't come fast enough!!

This will be my last 'diary entry', as I think it has now served it's goal, so my mixes, taste experiences, new gear and all the other fun stuff I am yet to encounter on my vaping journey will be posted in the relevant threads around the site.

And I know I have done it many times, but a HUGE thank you to everyone who has helped me along this journey, be it with advice, assistance, inspiration, or just a good laugh! Without you guys I would not have made it so far so quickly, hell, I might not have made it at all!! THANK YOU!

Congrats dude. Well done on your journey. Many more months of vaping joy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well done. Sad to see your diary go - was great to follow, but you are probably right. See you in the other threads. Happy vaping.

Was awesome to read! :)

Sent from my Xperia ZL using Tapatalk

Back