Starting Out Right - Die Kriek's Vaping Diary

Well done and keep the updates coming.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well done @Die Kriek
You are doing so well and I like all the feedback you give on the juices. Lovely to read and compare with my own views on some of those juices

Congrats on 20 days!

Sorry you ended up wasting a tank on the coffee. Feel bad for recommending it.
Please don't! If you didn't recommend it I would not have known! I enjoy testing juices and mixes, good or bad. In the end that is the only way to discover the true gems

Cleaning time again, and taught myself something new.

Took my coils apart, clean and dry, then dry burn them, and with the second coil I got bored and fired it more and longer than I usually do, it started glowing! Now for me this was way new, I have not dryburned a coil to the point where it glows for fear of burning the wick. When I saw it glow, I figured, well if that burns it it's past saving already, so let's fire it again. Glowed bright red, and when it cooled back down, the coil and wick looked as clean as it came out of the packet, brand spankin' new.

Now I have never done this before so, being the curious mind that I am, I try it with the other coil. Clean as a whistle!! So I run and grab the last 2 coils I replaced, thinking they were gone. Rinse, open up, rinse again, dry off, and fire it up until it glows. Few more times and then rinse again. Silver skoon!! Hot damn, and here I've been thinking I have a bad touch with coils, since other people's last for weeks/months and I've been through 8 in less than a month. I've just been cleaning them wrong.

Ok, looking new is all well and good, but how does it vape? Take the one that was the worst looking before the clean, screw it in, fill up with Plasma Juice and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Screw on the battery, set to 3.5V (find that to be my sweetspot for 1.8 ohm coils). First puff, ok that tastes somewhere between burnt plastic and metal shavings, lets have another pull, you know, for science. Still tastes crap, but there's a watermelon aftertaste, so maybe it was just not wicked through enough. 3 Primer puffs later, I am in vaping heaven!! I don't think it tasted this good when the coil was brand new!

Time to go dig out all my other 'dead' coils, but I won't be able to save them all, some of them I have lost the flavour wicks.

P.S. how can I clean the flavour wicks without them unraveling on me? I rubbed them between my fingers in the water, and it worked fine 6/8 times, but the other 2 just completely came apart

Ah Plasma juice is my favourite mouth cleanser, and general refresher on the dripper. I love to have a few hits every now and then. That watermelon and mint I find so ideal.

Last edited:
Ah Plasma juice is my favourite mouth cleanser, and general refresher on the dripper. I love to have a few hits every now and then. That watermelon and mint I find so ideal.
It was the first juice I really tasted, not my favorite juice, but it has a special place for me, and I keep going back to it to test things, or just to remember

It was the first juice I really tasted, not my favorite juice, but it has a special place for me, and I keep going back to it to test things, or just to remember

For me it's not a juice for a whole tank, but very nice to have a few drops in the dripping atty.

For me it's not a juice for a whole tank, but very nice to have a few drops in the dripping atty.
Don't have a dripper yet, only 2 mPT2's, but soon ;-). And will definitely be reordering Plasma Juice, so I'll give it a run on the dripper when I get to that

Don't have a dripper yet, only 2 mPT2's, but soon ;-). And will definitely be reordering Plasma Juice, so I'll give it a run on the dripper when I get to that

you'll love a dripper, I find the Trident with a dual coil .6 or .7ohm build with cotton has a great combo of flavour clouds and TH. Love this dripper.

Ok, test 2, Strawbacco (20%VM Strawberry, 80% VE Original) made it a bit stronger on the tobacco this time around, freshly cleaned coil

Also needs a bit of priming, start it at 3.5V, very weak taste, up the volts to 3.8. May just be the clean coil, but this tastes way better than the 50/50 mix I had the other day, might up the strawberry a bit more, 30/35% maybe, but the strawberry taste is there, and it is very nice next to the tobacco!! Let's try some more POWAHH! 4.2 volts, now that's vapor! And flavor is amazing! Will report some more tomorrow, now I need to sleep before I @Silver myself

Super stuff @Die Kriek
Well done for perfecting the cleaning procedure for your coils. To answer your question on the flavour wick, why dont you just get some silica and replace it with a piece of new silica

On another note, before you retire your pT2Minis I want you to try rebuild the coil with a simple microcoil and use cotton wool as the wick. Its not that difficult. The result is simply astounding. At least give it a try sometime.

I will most definitely try it @Silver, getting some Kanthal and Silica with my next order. What gauge do you recommend?

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Super stuff @Die Kriek
Well done for perfecting the cleaning procedure for your coils. To answer your question on the flavour wick, why dont you just get some silica and replace it with a piece of new silica

On another note, before you retire your pT2Minis I want you to try rebuild the coil with a simple microcoil and use cotton wool as the wick. Its not that difficult. The result is simply astounding. At least give it a try sometime.

it's why i have had so much worries with my igo w3. i just couldn't get it to perform as well as my protank coil. finally got it to where it comes close, good enough as there is more flavour from the dripper. oh yeah and the one rebuilt protank coil is roughly 3 months old now and still going strong. thought it died a while ago but after a weeks rest it was back in action.

We apologize for the delay, Die Kriek was out voting

WP_20140507_005.jpg ??

Now where were we? Oh yes, Day 21! Clean coils are the shiz!! Juices taste better than ever!

Been on Strawbacco most of the morning. After sitting overnight the Strawberry has really come alive, and is now almost too strong again, but still tastes great! Plasma Juice is amazing! But then, it's never been much less. The clean coil does help it shine though

Got a few funny looks in the queue at the voting station, but nobody said anything, and I just vaped away, anyone else vape in line? Or maybe you were braver than me and vaped inside the station?

We apologize for the delay, Die Kriek was out voting

View attachment 4814 ??

Now where were we? Oh yes, Day 21! Clean coils are the shiz!! Juices taste better than ever!

Been on Strawbacco most of the morning. After sitting overnight the Strawberry has really come alive, and is now almost too strong again, but still tastes great! Plasma Juice is amazing! But then, it's never been much less. The clean coil does help it shine though

Got a few funny looks in the queue at the voting station, but nobody said anything, and I just vaped away, anyone else vape in line? Or maybe you were braver than me and vaped inside the station?

I was also vaping in the line, felt abit weird at first with my hammer mod in the open. But then I started feeling like a superhero, and began to feel awesome. :D

Of course I vaped in the line. And took a toot in the voting cubicle - just could not resist. But then I live in the sticks so not many around to witness.

Also vaped my M16/Kayfun in line. Was very comfortable until the queues got really tight and a tiny bit of vapour drifted into my neighbour's face. She politely asked me to stand over there and that even though its just vapour, there's still a smell. I respect that, so that was the end of the vaping and voting :)

I vaped the whole way in and out... the queue was nonexistent! Zero Queue... nudda... bugger all... in and out in under 2 minutes!

I was also vaping in the que. People behind me were chugging away on their stinkies and no one said anything. So that was good.

Come to think of it. I think they onky started puffing away when I started vaping.

i wanted to vape in line so bad, but when i got there, there was no line, it was 5min in and out... ah well

here is my MVP 'vote edition pic'
using the iClear 16B as im testing all sorts of jooses

Attachments

• 20140507_122300.jpg
    20140507_122300.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 205
I could not vape in the voting line today, because well, there was no line, IEC was very very efficient today. Vaped in the cubicle though hehe

Kriek post a list of your vape liquids so far and what is on the way?

What I have right now:

TopQ: Coffee 12mg

Vape Elixir: Plasma Juice 12mg, Original 12mg

Vape King: VK4 12mg, Beta Mixed Berry 12mg, Beta Amaretto 12mg, Beta Amarula 12mg x2

Vapour Mountain: VM4 18mg, Menthol Ice 18mg, Vanilla Custard 18mg, Peach2Rooibos 18mg, Strawberry 18mg

On the way, have not decided 100% just yet, but I have a list in an earlier post of what I am considering.

Back