Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

So I failed Security+ again. Can you believe it? Sneaky bastards changed stuff in the exam and most were not in my study material.

I can't believe there was not one question about steganography.

But the good news is that I'm still going to go ahead and get my UK visa. At least I have my technician and server qualifications plus my Mastery Certificates.

Now I need to do some job hunting and try get something before I go for the visa application interview and a job to go to when I arrive there.

So I failed Security+ again. Can you believe it? Sneaky bastards changed stuff in the exam and most were not in my study material.

But the good news is that I'm still going to go ahead and get my UK visa. At least I have my technician and server qualifications plus my Mastery Certificates.

Now I need to do some job hunting and try get something before I go for the visa application interview and a job to go to when I arrive there.

Oh dear! Sorry to hear this @RainstormZA.

But it sounds like you are still positive, which is a win. Good luck with the job hunting.

oh man, that sucks. sorry to hear.

Oh dear! Sorry to hear this @RainstormZA.

But it sounds like you are still positive, which is a win. Good luck with the job hunting.
Yeah in this country, compared to UK, there's more work in what I do over there and I've been out of a job for more than 5 years. Employers here aside the ones I know are not bothered to accommodate deaf people's needs in the job market.

I have skills, and management for first line desk support and remote desktop support but most jobs applications require you to use a telephone which is not possible for me.

And thing is that there are more deaf people than you realise. With my experience, I can provide support through written communication and video calling. Even creating screen shots to assist them.

I had a good chuckle reading this...

And you can't not know this.
A scientific discovery on grapes
Have you ever wondered why grapes spark when you microwave them? I haven’t (mainly because I didn't know that was even a thing), but there is someone out there who wondered about it so much that they investigated this phenomenon using the scientific method. Here are the results.

According to Science Mag:

"When two grapes are close to each other in a microwave, the waves they absorb bounce back and forth in the tiny space between them, creating an increasingly powerful electromagnetic field. This continues until the electromagnetic field becomes so powerful that it supercharges nearby electrolytes that then shoot out in a brief explosion of fiery plasma."

Fiery plasma sounds really cool to look at, but doesn't sound especially tasty. I wouldn't recommend eating grapes after they've caught on fire, like in the video below.

Flaming fruits could also cause damage to your microwave, so maybe don't try this at home.

Source: https://community.spiceworks.com/to...-rumors-microwaved-grapes?source=how_to&pos=7

@Jean claude Vaaldamme they are testing the backup transformers or something right now. The news in a nutshell is, if we don't have power ny 8pm tonight, we might only get it back on by Wednesday.
Yes, heard the same, except that if those tow backups cant be fixed, it might take 4-7 working days. That is maybe even week after next
But atleast I went this morning to hire a generator, had to go to kyalami as nothing left in centurion. Have two freezers full of meat and two fridges, and now internet and rugby:-D.
And my neighbours have my genies noise:think:

Yes, heard the same, except that if those tow backups cant be fixed, it might take 4-7 working days. That is maybe even week after next
But atleast I went this morning to hire a generator, had to go to kyalami as nothing left in centurion. Have two freezers full of meat and two fridges, and now internet and rugby:-D.
And my neighbours have my genies noise:think:

I hope my fridge can keep my meat cold untill monday. Then I can braai. Charging of batteries might become a problem.

Part of the latest feedback:

"... there’s a possibility of restoring power for the affected areas as soon as it is possible."

Very accurate assessment right there.

You're screwed. Start braaiing now. Unless you have an huge freezer, it will keep cold for at least 8 hours in a fridge and the small freezer maybe 10 hours or more if you are lucky, just put a towel underneath - mine almost flooded the kitchen.

You're screwed. Start braaiing now. Unless you have an huge freezer, it will keep cold for at least 8 hours in a fridge and the small freezer maybe 10 hours or more if you are lucky, just put a towel underneath - mine almost flooded the kitchen.

Unfortunately I'm working so that won't do. If I was at home I would.

But my parents came to take some meat to keep in their freezer. And all is still frozen solid. 20 hours after the power went off. That meat will easily last 3 or more days provided the freezer stay closed.

Unfortunately I'm working so that won't do. If I was at home I would.

But my parents came to take some meat to keep in their freezer. And all is still frozen solid. 20 hours after the power went off. That meat will easily last 3 or more days provided the freezer stay closed.
Yeah, mine thawed out after 8 hours.

Like you said, if kept closed, you should be fine.

I had to keep my meat in my mom's chest freezers as those last much longer during the dark times. For a week, the loadshedding blew our breakers every single time.

Hello compatriots , went to a political manifest launch yesterday .Got rubber stamped at the gate.
Washed the ink of last night and look what happened...
20190224_125656[1].jpg

Was reading the Nic Salts thread.

Thought @Spongebob was chatting to and replying to himself, then realised @Juan_G has a simalar bloody profile pic!:lol:

So I went for a job interview today. Drove all the way to Randburg. When I was done with that I didn't really feel confident about the whole thing. Anyway, I got into my bakkie and as I reversed out of the parking, probably a bit distracted at this point, I went too far and bumped into the wall. Luckily the damage is not too bad:

IMG_20190228_150152.jpg

So I went for a job interview today. Drove all the way to Randburg. When I was done with that I didn't really feel confident about the whole thing. Anyway, I got into my bakkie and as I reversed out of the parking, probably a bit distracted at this point, I went too far and bumped into the wall. Luckily the damage is not too bad:

View attachment 159308

Eish!!!! Sorry that happened to you.

Back