Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

Yesterday we had 10-12. Then the substation tripped. Only back on at 15:30. Then loadshedding from 18:00 to 22:00. Thats 2.5 hours on from 10:00 to 22:00. Fun times.
Dude I came from work and it was off already from 4pm, 8hrs straight. then 2hrs on till 2am off again and when I got up for work the next day I thought get up 30mins later and when I did it went off as soon as I switch on the kettle it cut off again at 5:30.
When I told this sorry story at work the next day there were a few guys with the same bad experience.

Our power went out on Tuesday at 22:00 for scheduled loadshedding. Never came back on again. Cable fault and theft of about 70m worth of cable. Came back online for 10 minutes now and gone again. I suspect they blew the cable with the uninformed way it was commissioned. At least I got in a quick few beers from a bottle store that has power. And thank goodness for the extra batteries I got a while back.

Long ago 35 minutes was head news now it's normal to get it for 4 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220708_054723_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220708_054723_com.whatsapp.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 26
Spent my Saturday evening making coils. Plain round wire, spaced coils, but they work for me. Made almost 50 coils for different attys. Now I'm set for quite some time again.

4 weeks and 3 days ago the only cell phone tower in the village got vandalized.
Yesterday it finally got fixed. First time in a month we have internet. I've now got a months worth of posts on this forum, and all the other regular sites I watch to catch up on. Guess I'm having a day or two of abusing my phones battery

hi, please can you support me, thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-113809_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-113809_Instagram.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 13
Don't you just love messages from vendors saying that they put a little something "extra" in your order for you and then you have to wait until Monday to find out what it is. So curious I can die!

Don't you just love messages from vendors saying that they put a little something "extra" in your order for you and then you have to wait until Monday to find out what it is. So curious I can die!
You know the old joke, "How do you keep a woman in suspense?" Tell her you will give her the answer tomorrow. (Just saying.)

Vaping 5mg on 0.1 Ohm and 0.14 Ohm on mechs might lead to dizziness

Nothing quite as frustrating as getting your drip on and your batteries run flat and you don't have a spare set of married batteries available

Hard drive crashed. Up to the shop, new SSD installed, back to work. Latest Ubuntu LTS installed in less than 30 mins. Back ups restored less than 2 hours.

Fully functional again within 4 hours

Gotta love Ubuntu and all it cost me was the SSD.

...some c#nts broke into my car last night, fcuk you Universe !

IMG-20220908-WA0031.jpg

About to say goodbye to eight of my toenails' bed for good. No more ingrown toenails ever again. Thank goodness. Did the big toes years ago, now it's time for the other piggies to join them.

About to say goodbye to eight of my toenails' bed for good. No more ingrown toenails ever again. Thank goodness. Did the big toes years ago, now it's time for the other piggies to join them.
Sounds eina.

Back