Votes: 26 24.3%
  • I mainly use POWER mode - I like it more than Temp Control

Votes: 36 33.6%
  • I occasionally use Temp Control - sometimes I like it - it has its place

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • I use Temp Control mostly - love it!

Votes: 19 17.8%

• Total voters
My temp control needs are simple. I set it at 260 degrees to prevent dry hits as cotton burns around 270.

The battery saving is irrelevant now as I mostly use my Therion and it's parallel battery configuration ensures I vape all day.

I've never been able to notice any flavour difference at different temperatures so I can't comment on that area.

That being said, I vape equally on my Reo and petri lite and enjoy them all :smiley:

@kev mac I have had my Knight for a couple of weeks now and was lucky enough to have gotten hold of the first Stab Wood Knight on the planet... I'm not really in a position to do a review (well and in-depth one) because I don't really study the chipsets in-depth... I use a device like a normal vaper would and if I don't have any issues then I think it's a good product... the Knight is a dual 18650 so it's not that small which is always a bit of an issue for me but the SX550J chipset is very advanced and I don't think I have even played with 95% of it's capabilities... I run it in power mode at around 28 watts to drive my Skyline... the battery life is great, the colour screen is brilliant, the vape is excellent and it well made and looks great... it can also be used when I need over 100 watts of power to test a fat tank...

If you want a Rolls Royce Mod that has tons of features, looks good and you have a wad of spare cash then it's for you. Yes I will keep mine because it is a special mod but I don't use it very much because I find the Billet Box just perfect for me from all points of view.

But in short when I spend some time using it I will do a review...
Thanks Rob,the Vicious Ant stuff amazes me,it's always cutting edge very hard to get not to mention expensive. I have heard about waiting lists and people buying them only to auction them off.I am a glutton for punishment in that I want mods with all the bells and whistles but using only 5% of the capabilities like you.Luck with the Knight!

I feel you @Waine! I love new and shiny things and despite getting a mod that is supposed to be the Bee's Knees for Temp Control (Knight with SX550J) I use it for a simple 28W in power mode. Some would say that is like feeding strawberries to pigs... Oink. :D
View attachment 92021
Lust; I need to visit some Vapour Mountain folks again :D love that beautiful Brackenfell hill; Found someone new there the other day, and the way this Digiflavour Fuji is going, im either going to need some new cotton, to wick for longer, or much more self-made juice to live on this :p

Shiny new VolksWagen mods are also great, I despise mechathas since a 30W eleaf :) ♥ my days of meching about are risky and not supported in the vaping world of me;

Mods that read/detect/ and prevent any ex/implosions are worthwhile investing in, TC; is a nice added bonus, but I do believe everyone should try it. If you like one setting and not adjusting much; by all means, do the Variable wattage - TC is just a layer on top of that, as to what temp it may finally ramp up to; your air intake impacts how quickly the coils cools down; so it's definitely also dependant on the size of your pull/ and the length of time that you do pull for;

Experimentation of every factor is what makes TC awesome! :D X∞X

Back