The Dumb button...

NewOobY

Dedicated Vaper
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Sup peoples,

Has anyone ever used the Dumb rating? Also does the dumb rating have a negative impact on your account?

I really wanted to rate some posts as dumb, but being a noob I thought nah - one noob should not rate another noob as dumb. We should rather stand together as dumb noobs and help each other.

So if the dumb rating doesn't have a negative impact. Please go ahead and rate this thread as dumb, I will rate your posts as dumb too. Also feel free to post dumb sheet here, always keep to the forum rules when posting dumb sheet. There is no need to get banned for dumb sheet.

This is my post for dumb sh!t :) I know you want to use that button, just like I want to use that button.

EDIT: No more dumb's please <-- I know this is dumb, but please spare a brother :)

Last edited:
Sup peoples,

Has anyone ever used the Dumb rating? Also does the dumb rating have a negative impact on your account?

I really wanted to rate some posts as dumb, but being a noob I thought nah - one noob should not rate another noob as dumb. We should rather stand together as dumb noobs and help each other.

So if the dumb rating doesn't have a negative impact. Please go ahead and rate this thread as dumb, I will rate your posts as dumb too. Also feel free to post dumb sheet here, always keep to the forum rules when posting dumb sheet. There is no need to get banned for dumb sheet.

This is my post for dumb sh!t :) I know you want to use that button, just like I want to use that button.

yeah, dumb is a neg rating, it can also start a dumb war if you're not careful. :)
"can relate" is neutral.

It's dumb that we only have the 'Like' button on Tapatalk.

@Wesley its a way of saying play nicely. :)

guys your posts are funny, and I can't rate it dumb - I had to rate it funny :)

One of the rules of this forum is that one should never become personal when posting. Imho the "dumb" button does exactly that, calling the poster "stupid" and "dull-witted". The "disagree" or "thumbs down" buttons are good enough for use in those circumstances and do not reflect personally on the poster.

I would like to see the "dumb" icon removed.

One of the rules of this forum is that one should never become personal when posting. Imho the "dumb" button does exactly that, calling the poster "stupid" and "dull-witted". The "disagree" or "thumbs down" buttons are good enough for use in those circumstances and do not reflect personally on the poster.

It is a contradiction to the rules, and I agree about it being removed specially if it is never used - but have you ever seen a post that was rated dumb? I'm even skeptical of using the disagree button, I don't think I have used it to often.

I generally couldn't care less if someone gives me a negative rating.

I won't return the favour though for the reasons mentioned by Andre. I see no point in bringing someone down.

It is a contradiction to the rules, and I agree about it being removed specially if it is never used - but have you ever seen a post that was rated dumb? I'm even skeptical of using the disagree button, I don't think I have used it to often.

Ive seen 'Dumb' used. I think I even got one for whatever the reason was.

I generally couldn't care less if someone gives me a negative rating.

I won't return the favour though for the reasons mentioned by Andre. I see no point in bringing someone down.

agreed hence me never using it - and also making this dumb thread for that purpose to use all the rating you want without me taking offence.

I'm trying to think of something dumb to say - but I'm far to cleva for that. Just joking. Umm, 2+4=24 :D

Ive seen 'Dumb' used. I think I even got one for whatever the reason was.
lolol sorry that made me laugh out loud really.
That is funny as hell, I wonder what you said - cause I've read your posts and generally they very informative. I know I generally rate them as informative.

You know what is even funnier if your dumb rating was the only one ever. Please rate my previous post as dumb if you can. So that at least there are two of us now?

in terms of rating you know what would be a cool rating: like an eish button, or an unlucky button. Those would be more useful than a dumb button imo.

lolol sorry that made me laugh out loud really.
That is funny as hell, I wonder what you said - cause I've read your posts and generally they very informative. I know I generally rate them as informative.

You know what is even funnier if your dumb rating was the only one ever. Please rate my previous post as dumb if you can. So that at least there are two of us now?

Lol... nah man.

I have seen people hit the wrong button plenty. With my iPad Mini I often hit the wrong one, and then have to correct it.
But ya, I don't pay attention to all the "negative" ones.

I just checked I've only used dislike once. I'm far to nice to use the negative rating's even the one's that may not be that negative if you know what I mean - like optimistic etc.

I think in most of the cases where it's used, it's when someone does not really agree with the opinion or point of view of another person and wants to 'make it personal' ... You'll mostly find it in threads where people climb into one another's character, and they think their take on something is the only one that is correct or that counts.
Some people just love to start bickering or being Grammar Nazis on any form of social media for some or other odd reason.

There is also the popular 'mis-click' that some dumb-asses frequently manage, but that is mostly a dislike or disagree instead of a friendlier option next to it like a 'Thanks' rating ;)

[EDIT] To clarify, the 'dumb-asses' might or might not include me as well ...

Last edited:
You guys don't realise the restraint its taking not to rate all of these posts dumb just for the lulz!

I think in most of the cases where it's used, it's when someone does not really agree with the opinion or point of view of another person and wants to 'make it personal' ... You'll mostly find it in threads where people climb into one another's character, and they think their take on something is the only one that is correct or that counts.
Some people just love to start bickering or being Grammar Nazis on any form of social media for some or other odd reason.

There is also the popular 'mis-click' that some dumb-asses frequently manage, but that is mostly a dislike or disagree instead of a friendlier option next to it like a 'Thanks' rating;)

lol I feel that I'm a grammar nazi - however someone's grammar won't make me click on the dumb button. I wouldn't even consider clicking the bad-spelling button - I would most likely correct the spelling highlighting the correction in bold and tag them :).

You guys don't realise the restraint its taking not to rate all of these posts dumb just for the lulz!
ahh i found a fellow dumb-leeber (no idea how to spell belieeber <-- this is my take on the spelling), go ahead bro - rate this one as dumb.

ahh i found a fellow dumb-leeber (no idea how to spell belieeber <-- this is my take on the spelling), go ahead bro - rate this one as dumb.
Haha! I just can't do it! I agree with what has been said above, and it's just not in my nature! I take a strange amount of pride in my profile, and wouldn't want to stuff up someone else's!

EDIT - Done! Aaaaah yesssss! :rofl:

hahahahahaha nice one bro :) - thanks. That musta felt awesome :)....

now this next post is going to be really dumb - I don't want anymore dumb rating's lol. As good as it must feel for my fellow vapers, and I feel awesome for affording you that awesome feeling. No more :)

now this next post is going to be really dumb - I don't want anymore dumb rating's lol. As good as it must feel for my fellow vapers, and I feel awesome for affording you that awesome feeling. No more :)
Hahahahaha!

Going to try all the stuff I can in this thread.

Attachments

• sketch_56c2e104bfcd1.png
    sketch_56c2e104bfcd1.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 8
lol I feel that I'm a grammar nazi - however someone's grammar won't make me click on the dumb button. I wouldn't even consider clicking the bad-spelling button - I would most likely correct the spelling highlighting the correction in bold and tag them :).
Lol I used to be that way back in the Mxit days till one of my mates told me I'm the most annoying person on group chats because of correcting people all the time. After thinking about it for a while I realised yeah , lots more important things in life then worrying about spelling & grammatical errors.

Now I'll only correct you if we are speaking face to face:D

Lol I used to be that way back in the Mxit days till one of my mates told me I'm the most annoying person on group chats because of correcting people all the time. After thinking about it for a while I realised yeah , lots more important things in life then worrying about spelling & grammatical errors.

Now I'll only correct you if we are speaking face to face:D
hahaha kk :) Remind me that when and if we meet I will use the correct language :p

Back