The Official Vapers Tongue Thread

I have been fortunate enough not have have had vapers tongue for longer than a day. But that was a long while ago when i vaped 1 flavor for days and had no change. Then i started having 3 to 4 different juice flavors a day. And gone was the stale taste. I do use fishermans friend and koffee on a daily basis inbetween vapes and have not had any problems since then. Hope you get the flavor back in your vape. @Adephi

Day 4 of my first vaper's tongue. Was proud on the first day but now its getting enough.

Tried everything, espresso coffee beans, fishermans friend mints, vinegar, changed flavours many times with no luck. Works for 2 puffs then numb again. Food I can taste but vaping is gone. Completely. And my first diy batch is ready to test after their steep. Hope this doesnt last too long.
It's a total bummer a case of the VT,I've been cursed a couple of times and my tip is a tsp.of ACV.It has been said that wine tasters use the inhalation of coffee grounds to revive the sense of taste .It is one of the most frustrating afflictions for a Vaper and unfortunately cutting back or (God forbid) stopping for a day or three is probably the best cure.
Hang in there, for this too shall pass. PS, it has probably been previously mentioned but a strong menthol vape can help.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Been sniffing and chewing coffee beans all night. Refilling my tank with a new juice. Still a noob so I havent developed MMS (multiple mod syndrome) yet. Will have to treat myself over Christmas and get an extra device.

Also water and mints.

The funny thing is it was a menthol vape that gave me VT. Opus Sonic is such an awesome summer vape. Couldnt get enough of it. So not sure if another menthol will work.

Wiener Vape Panama is the solution. You can never have too much of it. Some menthols do become overwhelming but so far I've been using Panama for about 1.5 weeks as an ADV and still use it as an ADV without switching. The menthol in Panama isn't too strong and the fruits really pop in it.

When all else fails some nice spicey and salty Biltong helps get rid of my Vapours Tongue.

After about 7 days i can finally taste again. Diving into my diy mixes to see what i created.

My old solution still works the best (similar to "licking your dog's butt" - just wee more hygienic): 'One lick and you are cured for life' ;)
:
marmite-jpg.8715

The solution that has worked for me and has now formed part of my daily routine, before I go to bed I gargle with listerine and use saline nasal spray up each nostril. Taste has a lot to do with your nose and pg dries up your nose, that’s where the saline nasal spray comes in and moisturises your nasal cavities. Haven’t had vapers tongue since I started this routine:campeon:

Since rotating my flavours around frequently, I have managed to avoid getting vaper’s tongue. It may just be my imagination, but I noticed I am more likely to get it if I lean towards the sweeter flavours (even if I rotate them).

Since rotating my flavours around frequently, I have managed to avoid getting vaper’s tongue. It may just be my imagination, but I noticed I am more likely to get it if I lean towards the sweeter flavours (even if I rotate them).

This vapers tongue is somewhat of a mystery @Carnival and seems to affect people in different ways.

I'd say rotating juices frequently across different flavour profiles and drinking lots of water are the ways to help prevent it. That has worked for me. I vape tobaccoes, fruity menthols and the occasional desserts on rotation and they all seem to work to complement each other and prevent my taste buds from getting overloaded. I think that lower intensity vaping helps.

Noooooooooo! Vapors Tongue hit me yesterday for the first time. I can't taste my favourite SNLV 18 anymore. :confused:
I started vaping my ass-juice, aka Papa Smurf, this morning again. Let's see how long I can stomach this. :llorona:
Goin to try all of the remedies in the meantime. Stay tuned............

What is working for me lately is Angostura Bitters. Seems to clear the palate nicely.

Juices started tasting like purr vg last night, after about three Thai dragon chillies mixed with my morning breakfast all was well again.... unclogged sinuses was an additional bonus :D

Chew some coffee beans, have a sip of apple cider vinegar and pop a fisherman's friend every now and then.

Yes its horrible, but you can't taste anything anyway.

Or just do what I did today. Vaped ass juice the whole day. Went back to SNLV 18 tonight and that wonderful taste was back.
My tongue thanked me and apologized for letting me down, and promised to never pull a stunt like that again.

Has anyone ever had the “Vapers tongue” version where you wick a coil, forget to test pulse it after juicing up, put on the top cap, have a drag and Bam! That crack, the all familiar explosion that spits a drop of hot juice on the tongue — leaving a blister. Happened to me yesterday. I will never forget to pre Pulse a freshly wicked coil again. Moreover, I must learn to “purge” before each drag. Just like most of the reviewers do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever had the “Vapers tongue” version where you wick a coil, forget to test pulse it after juicing up, put on the top cap, have a drag and Bam! That crack, the all familiar explosion that spits a drop of hot juice on the tongue — leaving a blister. Happened to me yesterday. I will never forget to pre Pulse a freshly wicked coil again. Moreover, I must learn to “purge” before each drag. Just like most of the reviewers do.

On the bright side, at least you remembered to put the cap back on :eek:

Can relate @Waine
It has happened to me before

I also get quite a loud initial pop on the Avo24 if its been sitting for a while. So I fire it at arms length first. Haha

Juices started tasting like purr vg last night, after about three Thai dragon chillies mixed with my morning breakfast all was well again.... unclogged sinuses was an additional bonus :D
Hope you remember to freeze a roll tonight, those chillies burn twice, :confused:and it's not going to be in you sinus.:D

Back