The Origen Little 16 BF Thread (OL16)

Copied @Silver's build above, Using a 2.5mm ID coming to 0.4 Ohm. On a 80% battery(4V) I'm vaping at ~30.5 Watt. Close but not yet as good as the NI80 build @Scissorhands left in but close enough. Practice makes perfect.
View attachment 118309
Not all that neat, and its bugging me, but will work on that.

Played around with single coils, both side and center mount, specifically for MTL purposes, but reverted back to this DL build.

Will need to get some NI80 wire. All I have is various SS, K and Ni200 wire of various gauges and formats.

Regards

Ey! Not too shabby for your first Ol16 build, welldone

I need to recoil my other ol16 and I promised @Silver I would do my step by step. The holiday makers are making their way home, if I get a chance ill upload it tomorrow if you want my tips :)

Last edited:
Ey! Not to shabby for your first Ol16 build, welldone

I need to recoil my other ol16 and I promised @Silver I would do my step by step. The holidays makers are making their way home, if I get a chance ill upload it tomorrow if you want my tips :)
That will be great and very much appreciated.
I saved the old coils you supplied for further study but getting all the details right here will be great.

Tried Kanthal single coil at 1 Ohm for MTL but that was a flop. Must add the MTL draw on this atty is exactly what I have been looking for so now its a case of learning to build for it.

The airflow options on this atty are amazing! Really tight MTL right up to a not so restricted DL draw ideal for those long self indulgent draws. which is exactly what you want with all this flavor on tap.

Also, one OL16 is not enough. It performs stunningly as a DL device and expect with the right build will do the same for MTL so one is obviously not enough. Just when I thought I managed to halt the past two years rapid almost uncontrolled decent down the rabbit hole.

Regards

Copied @Silver's build above, Using a 2.5mm ID coming to 0.4 Ohm. On a 80% battery(4V) I'm vaping at ~30.5 Watt. Close but not yet as good as the NI80 build @Scissorhands left in but close enough. Practice makes perfect.
View attachment 118309
Not all that neat, and its bugging me, but will work on that.

Played around with single coils, both side and center mount, specifically for MTL purposes, but reverted back to this DL build.

Will need to get some NI80 wire. All I have is various SS, K and Ni200 wire of various gauges and formats.

Regards
A winner first post and build.

Nice one @Raindance

I actually refilled my Reo/OL16 today with another juice and am liking that coil a lot. Still have the same one in it. Yours is 2.5mm ID, mine is 2mm.

Cant see from your pic how high or low the coils are. Mine are such that the airflow is in line with the bottom part of the coil.

Im getting a nice crisp vape with it. And very good flavour. Accurate. Its instant and lovely. My power on the mech is in the region of 45W (implied).

So far its my best OL16 coil for my taste. Menthol comes through nice and crisp!

Its not the biggest vape but the flavour is very good for me

Haha
I saved the old coils you supplied for further study but getting all the details right here will be great.

Tried Kanthal single coil at 1 Ohm for MTL but that was a flop. Must add the MTL draw on this atty is exactly what I have been looking for so now its a case of learning to build for it.

The airflow options on this atty are amazing! Really tight MTL right up to a not so restricted DL draw ideal for those long self indulgent draws. which is exactly what you want with all this flavor on tap.

Also, one OL16 is not enough. It performs stunningly as a DL device and expect with the right build will do the same for MTL so one is obviously not enough. Just when I thought I managed to halt the past two years rapid almost uncontrolled decent down the rabbit hole.

Regards

Haha fantastic, I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately I haven't been able to get into the full swing of MTL , dual coils, second largest air holes, 6MG has been my ol16 sweet spot

Kind regards

Nice one @Raindance

I actually refilled my Reo/OL16 today with another juice and am liking that coil a lot. Still have the same one in it. Yours is 2.5mm ID, mine is 2mm.

Cant see from your pic how high or low the coils are. Mine are such that the airflow is in line with the bottom part of the coil.

Im getting a nice crisp vape with it. And very good flavour. Accurate. Its instant and lovely. My power on the mech is in the region of 45W (implied).

So far its my best OL16 coil for my taste. Menthol comes through nice and crisp!

Its not the biggest vape but the flavour is very good for me
The coil sits just below halfway down the air flow hole. I can see right through the bottom of the coils. There seems to be a huge difference with the coils just above the halfway mark. Small adjustments seem t make a big difference on this device.
OL16 Coil Placement.png
Excuse the Q&D picture.

Regards

Regards
I only do MTL and mostly on OL16s. Second smallest air hole. Single coil claptons (lately those VandyVape Superfine wire), 2.5 mm. Anything from around 0.5 to 0.9 ohms, depending on the juice it is intended for in my Reos.

I only do MTL and mostly on OL16s. Second smallest air hole. Single coil claptons (lately those VandyVape Superfine wire), 2.5 mm. Anything from around 0.5 to 0.9 ohms, depending on the juice it is intended for in my Reos.
@Andre, Is that a centre or side mounted coil? Single or both air holes?

I had various single coils in there today. Kanthal and SS, center and side mounted, but although I managed to get flavor, something that eluded me on other devices, it was not on the DL level. Not close.

Regards

@Raindance , I am mot so experienced with the OL16 but it sounds like your coil position is good.

What juice are you vaping? I am finding good crispness with my setup which suits juices where a crispness is what you are looking for.

I have also not gotten round to MTL despite wanting to. Reason is that I got "stuck" on its great dual coil restricted direct lung. And i have my RM2s thankfully for MTL so i have not pushed on to MTL on the OL16 yet.

@Andre - how do you install the coil for the MTL vape in your OL16 - is it on one side or in the middle?

@Raindance , I am mot so experienced with the OL16 but it sounds like your coil position is good.

What juice are you vaping? I am finding good crispness with my setup which suits juices where a crispness is what you are looking for.

I have also not gotten round to MTL despite wanting to. Reason is that I got "stuck" on its great dual coil restricted direct lung. And i have my RM2s thankfully for MTL so i have not pushed on to MTL on the OL16 yet.

@Andre - how do you install the coil for the MTL vape in your OL16 - is it on one side or in the middle?
Running a Fruit Menthol DIY on the DL dual coil setup. Used Twisp's Tobacco 8MG during my MTL experiments. I liked it on @Johan Coetzee's Cue so gave it a shot. LOL, first tried this 8Mg juice in dual coil DL mode and it hit me between the eyes. Was a bit out of sorts for most of Saturday morning. Besides the high Nic, I also found the flavor to robust for DL vaping. Especially in this atty.

Regards

@Andre, Is that a centre or side mounted coil? Single or both air holes?

I had various single coils in there today. Kanthal and SS, center and side mounted, but although I managed to get flavor, something that eluded me on other devices, it was not on the DL level. Not close.

Regards

All side mounted, quite close to the posts - it has to be with a 2.5 mm ID clapton, @Silver and @Raindance. Slanted coil to accommodate the not-very-flexible ceramic wick.

Just tried a new single coil side mount build. Flat60 25g 2.5mm 0.4ohm. Not bad at all. Will run for a while and see how this goes.
Added 2 pics for coil height that works best for me.
1745598c9ea4b96fb1e1d19f0bccc203.jpg

88770fc9de9e5da0646e0e36db8d2cfd.jpg

1e64a6ec60429a0bd4b834816aaa7268.jpg

I am considering purchasing an OL16, and this thread makes me even more eager, however I am not entirely convinced it will suit my preferred vaping style. My go to setup at the moment is a hadaly with a single 3mm alien at around 0.21 ohms on a mechanical squonker. How does the OL16 compare to the more modern 22mm attys in the flavour department? I am assuming I need not build as low, as the chamber is smaller and more condensed. What is the airflow like compared to the hadaly if anyone owns both? I prefer a restricted lung hit, warmish but dense if that makes sense? Information overload, it's just that I am very excited:sweating:

I am considering purchasing an OL16, and this thread makes me even more eager, however I am not entirely convinced it will suit my preferred vaping style. My go to setup at the moment is a hadaly with a single 3mm alien at around 0.21 ohms on a mechanical squonker. How does the OL16 compare to the more modern 22mm attys in the flavour department? I am assuming I need not build as low, as the chamber is smaller and more condensed. What is the airflow like compared to the hadaly if anyone owns both? I prefer a restricted lung hit, warmish but dense if that makes sense? Information overload, it's just that I am very excited:sweating:

Yo bud, I have experience with both and the following is my opinion/judgment

If you are looking for a hadaly experience, the Ol16 isnt gonna do it, if you want something different, better suited for stealth/MTL/ tight lung hit, its ideal

- you could get some 28/40 fused in there but for the most part you can forget about fancy coils

- the airflow is quite versatile, yet at its most open setting its still tighter than a hadaly

- my preferred ohm range for the Ol16 is 0.3 - 0.4 but alot of guys use it at higher (and lower!) ohms with tighter airflow (I use the largest and second largest on simple dual builds)

- Flavour wise its difficult to compare anything with a Hadaly - its a reference/all rounder (debatable - the best flavour atty out there ), to me the Ol16 is a topper, does better with fruits, worse with creams/bakeries , a very crisp vape

- easy to achieve a warm dense vape without a huge cloud, if you dont have experience with something tighter than a hadaly, I would recommend trying one before you buy, coming from a hadaly I didn't like the ol16 at first but its grown on me alot, its a different experience

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Thanks, @Scissorhands

I'm looking for something different, and I don't mind a more restricted hit. I don't/can't build fancy coils so I buy prebuilt aliens etc, but I've always had a soft spot for round wire. I'll wait a couple of days and then make a decision. Thanks again.

Yo bud, I have experience with both and the following is my opinion/judgment

If you are looking for a hadaly experience, the Ol16 isnt gonna do it, if you want something different, better suited for stealth/MTL/ tight lung hit, its ideal

- you could get some 28/40 fused in there but for the most part you can forget about fancy coils

- the airflow is quite versatile, yet at its most open setting its still tighter than a hadaly

- my preferred ohm range for the Ol16 is 0.3 - 0.4 but alot of guys use it at higher (and lower!) ohms with tighter airflow (I use the largest and second largest on simple dual builds)

- Flavour wise its difficult to compare anything with a Hadaly - its a reference/all rounder (debatable - the best flavour atty out there ), to me the Ol16 is a topper, does better with fruits, worse with creams/bakeries , a very crisp vape

- easy to achieve a warm dense vape without a huge cloud, if you dont have experience with something tighter than a hadaly, I would recommend trying one before you buy, coming from a hadaly I didn't like the ol16 at first but its grown on me alot, its a different experience

Kind Regards
@Scissorhands , where do you get 28/40 fused? Do you make it yourself?

Well . . . Now I feel terrible!

I definitely had fused coils in the OL16 I got from Amir

Maybe @Amir could assist?

Sorry guys

The coils were from @smilelykumeenit for the OL16 but I do not know what gauge they were. Something like 38/40 ish... I never know with these things which is why I have a coil guy... @smilelykumeenit handles everything including Hadaly, BB, Skyline, Flav and every other stupid curve ball I throw out on a whim to try something new. Not trying to up his sales here or anything but I'm not the easiest to deal with and I keep no record of what went in where and how it worked out. He handles all that for me and is quite patient when dealing with someone like me... My point is, if you ain't a coil master then keep one on speed dial. The coil is the engine room. It can make a Wasp outshine a Hadaly when done correctly.

Starting this thread hoping to find and share knowledge on best builds for both DL and MTL vaping on the Origin Little 16 RDA.

Please post descriptions and pictures of your builds for this versatile little flavor machine.

Allow me to start. Having been searching for a decent MTL setup for several months and have at last used @Andre's advice and copied the setup he recommended.
40AWG over 28AWG SS316 with an ID of 2.5mm 4.5 wraps coming to 0.6 Ohm's. Installed at an angle to accommodate the 3mm Silica wick with one end resting on the juice well floor. Vaping in mech mode on an RSQ.
OL16MTL.jpg
(Sorry for the pic quality)
Vaping on a single smallest airflow hole directly facing the centre of the coil, the vape is flavorful with plenty body and mouth feel. light to medium throat hit and a smooth draw.

Regards

Tagging @Amir

Back