The Origen Little 16 BF Thread (OL16)

Hi Anton. Going to try answer your build question.

I am not an expert on the OL16. I have only tried a few builds. Havent experimented with various wire types or exotics. Only Kanthal for now because I know it.

My standard build I always start with is my typical 1.6mm ID 28g 7 wrapper. That didnt feel right on the OL16. I needed a bit more juice so went bigger on the ID and found it good at 2mm.

I prefer 28g (to for example 26g) because it gives me a crisper vape. You might like a more dense vape on 26g

I must admit i find it quite difficult building on this atty because I am not very nimble with dual coils and only two post fastening points. Probably why i havent experimented too much.

Anyhow, my coil position is nearish to the edge and quite high up. I found on the RM2 higher up gives me a bit more throat hit so my thinking is that will do that here too.

Am using CB2 wick - not too tight or loose, just snug. Wicks touch the floor but dont go snaking anywhere on the deck. This wick draws up the fluid very nicely.

a2b8183d8c5c8e047a52383cc5adca81.jpg

You can see here on the photo below, the coil is in the upper half of the airhole.

0730108935fd815383280c180bbd7ef4.jpg

With regard to airflow and power, in my opinion the OL16 suits a mildly powered restricted lung hit.

I use it with the biggest airflow setting but its still quite restricted.
My dual coil is 0.5 ohms, so about 30 Watts of power or 15Watts each coil.
Its a small atty so i think it excels at flavour and doesnt need much power to do this.

You could try push it harder and build to free up airflow to get a bit more out of it but my feeling is that its not needed.

For me its superb on longish restricted draws and medium power and i find it suits the single battery

Not sure if that answers your question but i hope it helps

Thank you for the detailed response @Silver it does help and have pointers i can consider.

I will be building this in the morning and give feed back with photos and in the afternoon how the flavor was during my daily vape.

I still have a load of work to do tonight so building will have to be resumed in the morning.

Feedback will be given to @Silver and @RenaldoRheeder on my vape.

My go to build for OL16:
26ga Ni80 1.5mm ID 6 wraps dual coils. The best crisp flavorful vape by far.

Nearly two years I know and I might have missed the answers to my question coming up....but here goes anyway.
I just had a look at the video on how you burn clean it and it looks like a winner.
So @Andre
1. How long can a wick last before you have to replace it.
2. More importantly, how do you get this considering they are not allowed to export it.
  1. These wicks are almost everlasting. I do not keep track and I do run a lot of devices with ceramic wicks, but, at a guess, if I had to use just one device, I probably will replace around once every three months.
  2. A USA friend was prepared to take the risk to buy and post to me.

So last night, very late the following coils where build and installed on my 2 x OL16 atties. The 0,5 ohm coil setup is 9 wrapped dual coil with 26ga kanthal wire and the 0,3 ohm coil setup is NI80 wire dual 9 wraps @ 26ga.

I have installed the kanthal ol16 on my reo grand and it does not produce the flavor i want.
54B7BB7D-02F7-40EB-8AF2-D52E473F0AA4.jpeg
The NI80 OL16 is on my reo mini. It works amazing, alot better that i expected.
CD89C006-7EF7-4546-9589-6633D31DB4F5.jpeg
So i spoke with @TheV this morning and he suggested i swop the atties around. To see if the ni80 coils does the same on the reo grand. I have not done this yet but i am going to do this now and then later i will give that feedback.

@Silver and @Petrus thanks for the advice on coil placement and setups.

Last edited:
So last night, very late the following coils where build and installed on my 2 x OL16 atties. The 0,5 ohm coil setup is 9 wrapped dual coil with 26ga kanthal wire and the 0,3 ohm coil setup is NI80 wire dual 9 wraps @ 26ga.

I have installed the kanthal ol16 on my reo grand and it does not produce the flavor i want.
View attachment 111489
The NI80 OL16 is on my reo mini. It works amazing, alot better that i expected.
View attachment 111490
So i spoke with @TheV this morning and he suggested i swop the atties around. To see if the ni80 coils does the same on the reo grand. I have not done this yet but i am going to do this now and then later i will give that feedback.

@Silver and @Petrus thanks for the advice on coil placement and setups.

I find that building closer to the posts creates more room for air and flavour improves.

On the mech squonker you should gauge the ramp up as that also has a big impact (at least in my mind it does). Think you 26g KA coil might be taking to long to heat up properly. You could try reducing the wraps of too low ohm, run in single coil mode.

I find that building closer to the posts creates more room for air and flavour improves.

On the mech squonker you should gauge the ramp up as that also has a big impact (at least in my mind it does). Think you 26g KA coil might be taking to long to heat up properly. You could try reducing the wraps of too low ohm, run in single coil mode.

The ramp up "thing" i never took into consideration. i will have to look into this when i build my coils. Thanks

My first attempt at coiling the OL16, not as hard as it looks :)

26g SS316L 9 wrap on a 2.4mm comes out at 0.25 and chucks flavour, nice! I like this thing :D

IMG_2768.JPG

Back