To Mech or not to Mech, that is the question.

Is a mech setup worth the cost, or is the money better off staying in the budget for other things?

• Total voters
There is no vape like a 0.1 ohm dual Aliens on a mech, just carry a box of batteries in your bag and you are sorted

This is my build on the CSMNT Rda, running it on my Paddy or VGOD mech, paddy hits a tad harder though.

View attachment 80535

With which battery are you powering a 0.1ohm build? That is 40+ amps

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I will repeat this here. Did a bit of research. Discovered my safe zone on a Tube Mech. I only use a Sony VTC 6 battery. I build between 0.18 and 0.20 Ohms. Peace of mind. Happy vaper. Lover of Mechs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will repeat this here. Did a bit of research. Discovered my safe zone on a Tube Mech. I only use a Sony VTC 6 battery. I build between 0.18 and 0.20 Ohms. Peace of mind. Happy vaper. Lover of Mechs.

I been using LG HB2 (Green) 1500mah 30A continous discharge at 0.16 ohm

At these ohms my draw is 26 A giving me 4 amps peace of mind.

And if im using pulse i can actually take the amps up to 35A
So pretty safe there.

Ok. So I have a question.
I see a lot of people saying they run a 0.1 ohm build or a 0.2 ohm build.

So does a 0.1 ohm build mean 0.1 and up to 0.2, or is the general consensus among us that 0.1 is exactly that..
No rounding up or down allowed?

Just thinking that someone may be rounding, and someone may not, causing a lot of questions relating to safety

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Ok. So I have a question.
I see a lot of people saying they run a 0.1 ohm build or a 0.2 ohm build.

So does a 0.1 ohm build mean 0.1 and up to 0.2, or is the general consensus among us that 0.1 is exactly that..
No rounding up or down allowed?

Just thinking that someone may be rounding, and someone may not, causing a lot of questions relating to safety

I hope they not rounding. Especially when building that low.
Amps = Volatage ÷ resistance
So at 0.1 ohms with a fresh battery at 4.2v that is 42 Amps....
At 0.2 ohms with 4.2v its 21A

You can see that is a massive difference and a range of 20+A between the resistances.

That is why I always say if you going to play at at super sub ohm you need an accurate ohm reader because a reading being off 0.1 ohm can make a big difference at such low resistances.

Be safe, educate yourself about what you doing. We don't need people blowing their faces up.

Most of the batteries that are available locally are 20A max continuous current draw. So build accordingly. Some people will tell you that you can pulse it at 40A but what happens if the button gets stuck or you have a misfire in your vapebag. Then you dealing with a potential pipe bomb.

@Andre posted a battery chart by Mooch who tests batteries very comprehensively. I go with what is on that chart and not what the manufacturer claims because they often overstate, especially Efest.

Happy vaping protect your faces.

Sorry guys. I was being unclear in my statement.
When I build for my mech, I build to 0.23 - 0.25. I've seen how much a difference those two numbers make.
Rounding up or down, I'm referring simply to when we talk among ourselves.
Obviously if someone asks my advice as to what to build, I'd help the dude build to exact whet he should. Ie two decimals.

But I get what you're saying.
When expressing a build, for whatever reason, always express the value EXACTLY.
Let's avoid unnecessary confusion.

Mechs have always ruled the roost around here, and they always will.

To all Mech mod enthusiasts. Can I please do a mini vote here. No explanation needed, only if you want to....just say...which one would you buy if you were looking for quality, hard hitting and longevity, The Kennedy Roundhouse 25 or the League of Scoundrels Consvr?

To all Mech mod enthusiasts. Can I please do a mini vote here. No explanation needed, only if you want to....just say...which one would you buy if you were looking for quality, hard hitting and longevity, The Kennedy Roundhouse 25 or the League of Scoundrels Consvr?

But I cant choose, both are sexy :CRYCRYBABY:

Roundhouse is one big chunk of copper though ;-) but buy both >:)

Kennedy

Ok, I will get the Kennedy Roundhouse 25. Now for my second one, The Consvr or the Asmodus Rose Finch? Has anyone got one of these 3?

Ok, I will get the Kennedy Roundhouse 25. Now for my second one, The Consvr or the Asmodus Rose Finch? Has anyone got one of these 3?

Another to add to the mix...

Shemus from Paddy Vapes is awesome.

Well now, that's a can of worms right there.

Out of those 3, rose finch!!
That thing is insanely beautiful!

Cmon @Waine get two....
We both know you really want me to have one too

Thanks guys. I will get two. The Kennedy and either the Rose Finch or the Consvr. Here is another question. What lasts longer on a mech mod, earth magnets or springs?

Thanks guys. I will get two. The Kennedy and either the Rose Finch or the Consvr. Here is another question. What lasts longer on a mech mod, earth magnets or springs?

Springs. Magnets tend to wear. You eventually end up with a crunchy button because little bits of it are floating around. They are brittle and dropping one when cleaning the button mechanism will cause tears.

So, in my Mech mod acquisition mode, I got the following: (Bearing in mind that I resolved that I will prefer springs to magnets)

A brass Kennedy Roundhouse 25 mm. Absolutely stunning in every sense of the word! I will do a full review shortly.

Then, 2 days later, Sir Vape whacked the VGod Mech Pro 24mm on their shelves. I could not resist and went for the black with copper engraving.

Oh my God! What a piece of Mechanical mod ingenuity? Paired up with the very basic, but super effective: "VGod Pro" 24mm dripper, I have arrived in vaping heaven. I will also review this soon as it must be declared to those who beg the question, "To Mech or not to Mech?" that this set up is worth every "Randella".

Please help me out here with a VGOD Pro mech. Being a hybrid a proper solid protruding positive pin is needed on the atty.

Firstly, can a RDA with a bf pin work on it, that is a solid protruding bf pin? Secondly, if a limitless classic works on the rdta mech then will a combo work on a hybrid mech as the ijoy combo seems to have a solid protruding 510 like the classic? Thirdly, the Ijoy Tornado Nano has a very solid fixed protruding 510, it protrutrudes too much actually, will this work on a hybrid mech, and if not why so? Many people say the Sapor V2 25mm RDA will work but that 510 pin doesn't look safe to me.

Bear in mind I am planning to buy an atty for this but still undecided. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that a hybrid requires a solid protruding 510 with solid insulation and non-floating pin and also no risk of the pin being pushed back in when threading. I am trying to apply logic and rules but I'm paranoid so correct and guide me here. My other atties are all bf or 22mm. Thanks.

Please help me out here with a VGOD Pro mech. Being a hybrid a proper solid protruding positive pin is needed on the atty.

Firstly, can a RDA with a bf pin work on it, that is a solid protruding bf pin? Secondly, if a limitless classic works on the rdta mech then will a combo work on a hybrid mech as the ijoy combo seems to have a solid protruding 510 like the classic? Thirdly, the Ijoy Tornado Nano has a very solid fixed protruding 510, it protrutrudes too much actually, will this work on a hybrid mech, and if not why so? Many people say the Sapor V2 25mm RDA will work but that 510 pin doesn't look safe to me.

Bear in mind I am planning to buy an atty for this but still undecided. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that a hybrid requires a solid protruding 510 with solid insulation and non-floating pin and also no risk of the pin being pushed back in when threading. I am trying to apply logic and rules but I'm paranoid so correct and guide me here. My other atties are all bf or 22mm. Thanks.

You are correct, all atomizers with a solid protruding 510 pin will work as it should, as long its not a spring loaded or adjustable 510 (which there arent many of those types around anyway).

The problem with bf pins being used on a non-sqounking mods is that if you drip it will seep through the bf pin into your mod and if it seeps through and onto your battery or the circuit board, it will most likely damage it. So unless you can block up the bf pin, I would recommend not using your bf attys on non-sqounking devices.

Last edited:
@DoubleD thank you for the response, i don't know if you or anyone else here owns a tornado but i've attached a pic, its known to be a pain on reg mods, this pin is quite out, also would it make a diff if i used the rba or the chip coil, obviously after taking ohms law into account?

IMG_4628.JPG

@DoubleD thank you for the response, i don't know if you or anyone else here owns a tornado but i've attached a pic, its known to be a pain on reg mods, this pin is quite out, also would it make a diff if i used the rba or the chip coil, obviously after taking ohms law into account?

View attachment 86329

That pin protrudes enough to be used on a hybrid IMO, Im not so clued up on the tornado but as long as it is a solid pin (non adjustable) and cant be pushed back, you will be fine.

Not sure what you mean by "chip coil" but I'm assuming the Tornado can use commercial coils aswell, if that is the case, then again, as long as the 510 pin protrudes like in the pic you've posted, then you should be fine aswell.

EDIT:

Okay so I just watched a review of the iJoy Tornado RDTA

If that is your tank, then dont use it on the hybrid mech mod, once fully put together the 510 doesn't protrude out far enough to be safe on a hybrid mech mod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you have the iJoy Tornado Hero RTA

If this is your tank, then you will be fine, just dont put in your coils like MikeVapes does, the guy doesnt know shit lol look how he put the coils in for a good laugh lol

Last edited:
@DoubleD i have the tornado Nano, but now I understand what you are saying. The pin is totally fixed and non-removable. I wanted this info to help me to properly understand whats the deal, i've seen conflicting info around but now i understand the concept. Thanks very much, appreciate your effort to research the tanks and answer in detail. I had no interest in mechs until i tried one out at sir vape last week and it felt like the change-up i've been looking for.

As a general rule, I don't use tanks on my Mech mods. I prefer only using RDA's with well protruding 510 pins.

Back