Twisp Cue - Review

After raving about this device to all my friends for months on end I purchased (after a while) another Rebel pod for my TWISP Cue. A pod that's leaked more than half it's juice out, and got finished rather quicky.

Although just R40, I've put it aside and it's left me feeling rather frustrated because it's a matter of principle (be it R5 or R500) - hard earned money has gone to waste.

Not sure If I can take the risk of spending money on another pod and seeing it be wasted.

20180809_164500.jpg

20180809_164521.jpg

@ace_d_house_cat dude open all your pods at the kiosk and/or store that you buy the pods from...if it leaks change it right there. Have done this with all my pods...once I opened 3 packs and all were cracked...4th time lucky and luckily I opened all there at the twisp kiosk.

@ace_d_house_cat dude open all your pods at the kiosk and/or store that you buy the pods from...if it leaks change it right there. Have done this with all my pods...once I opened 3 packs and all were cracked...4th time lucky and luckily I opened all there at the twisp kiosk.

I only buy from TWISP Kiosks. That's not practical for me, my wife uses it most of the time and I buy 2 or three pods at a time. If it's a case of having to check them there and then, I'd rather change to a device that is guaranteed to work or is refillable, etc.

Had the cue for 2 days.
Pods kept leaking-got frustrated-gave it away to someone who then sold it.

Had the cue for 2 days.
Pods kept leaking-got frustrated-gave it away to someone who then sold it.

It's a prime example of a great idea that's been executed (relatively) poorly and a worse support/supply network.

I for one had expected more from the brand.

have been on the look out for the new Mango Ice pod since I first heard about it about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have passed/stopped/just in passing stores like Clicks, Dischem and SEVERAL garages and in total came across maybe a handful of pods on the shelf....again in TOTAL from all the places I saw....and none of them were the Mango Ice let alone their older flavours.

have been on the look out for the new Mango Ice pod since I first heard about it about 2 weeks ago. Since then I have passed/stopped/just in passing stores like Clicks, Dischem and SEVERAL garages and in total came across maybe a handful of pods on the shelf....again in TOTAL from all the places I saw....and none of them were the Mango Ice let alone their older flavours.

Have a look at this thread. They are going to look into this issue but they need our help.

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/shocking-state-of-twisp-display-stands.t56467/#post-750756

Also i picked up some Mango Ice and Blueberry pods up from their offices in Milnerton end of last week as i was in the area.

Lookie here what I got.

A Mango Ice pod for the Cue. Got it a few days ago at a tobacconist in Rosebank Mall.

c419ed6d38f5c10eb1a0ef01edca49b5.jpg

Been vaping it for about the last half hour and I like it!

It's a deep ripe mango. At least that's how I perceive it. And a bit of cool. Not overly icy. Good flavour.

Quite surprised at the throat hit. It is very good. :D

Hmmm... am enjoying this. Very nice!

08e4ed74d61d453f65b98d2cddcef014.jpg

Ok, I've had a bit more time on the Mango Ice Cue pod

I can confirm that of the 4 pods I have tried so far (Rebel, Tobacco#1, Polar Mint and Mango Ice) this Mango Ice definitely has the stronger throat hit. Very nice. Prior to this pod, the Polar Mint had the stronger throat hit. Now its definitely Mango Ice.

Not sure if its a stronger juice (it says regular strength like the others) - or maybe its the ice that has been added. But it is what it is. Gives a nice little kick. And if you take a longer draw and then inhale quickly, its even slightly better.

Also tingles on the tongue afterward.

Am enjoying it a lot. Can easily see myself using this for stealth and out and about.

Thumbs up.

:campeon:

Ok, I've had a bit more time on the Mango Ice Cue pod

I can confirm that of the 4 pods I have tried so far (Rebel, Tobacco#1, Polar Mint and Mango Ice) this Mango Ice definitely has the stronger throat hit. Very nice. Prior to this pod, the Polar Mint had the stronger throat hit. Now its definitely Mango Ice.

Not sure if its a stronger juice (it says regular strength like the others) - or maybe its the ice that has been added. But it is what it is. Gives a nice little kick. And if you take a longer draw and then inhale quickly, its even slightly better.

Also tingles on the tongue afterward.

Am enjoying it a lot. Can easily see myself using this for stealth and out and about.

Thumbs up.

:campeon:
You should try the Blueberry pod as well then @Silver For me, the Blueberry pod gave the biggest throat hit. I haven't tried the Mango Ice yet but so far from all was the blueberry. Even the 20ml Twisp juices...the blueberry 18mg for me felt much stronger with bigger throat hit than other twisp 18mg juices!

@Silver I agree with you fully. Its a great vape. Looking forward to the Rebel Ice pods to come out.

Think it's time I do a follow up video on the Cue :) (original video up to 9.7k views ;) , which tells me people really want to quit the stinkies) , been using it on and off and had similar experiences with leaky pods etc. Even had a sealed pod leak on me , granted was one of the older versions.

Catching up on some reading while having a few puffs on the Twisp Cue with the Mango Ice pod

c13dcb23533dac56d6bc52e2263d36f1.jpg

Been using it a bit more the past two days and just wanted to add some further comments.

Flavour is good for something this size and weight. And I like the Mango Ice. Throat hit is still there!
I am enjoying this more the more I use it. I guess the Mango Ice being new has gotten me into it again.

So nice and quiet. And uber stealthy.

No leaks so far or juice in the mouth. I'm probably about a third of the way through this pod.

When I see the Rebel Ice I definitely will try it. If I like it and it has the same throat hit as Mango Ice then I can see myself using this even more.

I would just get another Cue to have a second fully charged battery and stock up on a few pods.

Such a lovely device. Am glad the Mango Ice got it going again! :):)

Back