NB VapeCon 2018 - Sat & Sun 25-26 Aug - RSVP - Save the date

How many beers would it take to achieve this? I'm willing to sponsor. For science of course.
This level of madness would require vodka, a bottle would be more than enough! :-D

Continuing on with scanning the RSVP messages:

This one is from @ACRECCE
"ACRECCE - 1 - Cant wait, will be my 1st Vapecon"

Glad to hear @ACRECCE - and its going to be great to see you there. I think you are in for a nice surprise :D

A first time VapeCon experience is normally filled with awe, wonder and excitement, all at the same time!

General awe and excitement from most folk as they walk in to the arena for the first time:
View attachment 134667

And if you are @Spongebob , then it's something like this:
View attachment 134668

If you are one of the judges of the competitions, then its one of these:
View attachment 134669

When you find a juice that you've been hunting for ages, and it's now on special:
View attachment 134670

And then when you think to yourself, "how am I going to explain this to my partner when I get home":
View attachment 134671

VapeCon is all of the above.... and more.... The level of excitement is electric, especially from us ECIGSSA enthusiasts !!

And as for us on the organising team, let me just say, each one of us are just as excited!

View attachment 134672
Thanx @Silver for the welcome & heads up ;)
4ae09b69d7afcfd6636678c16c4fde70.jpg

Had the privilege to join the queue 3 steps from the robot on the corner last year, and I thought that I was going to be early, without a jacket, on the only day the last century that Pretoria went under 15 degrees with a windchill factor of -10. :confused: Unforgettable experience, standing in a 750 meter queue and seeing the first horses, sorry, runners out of the gates for the first giveaways. I’ll be the one in the parka this year, and with my luck we will have a heatwave.:cool: Can’t wait, I’m either going to be warm, or I’m going to lose 7 kilos walking to the venue. Can’t wait!

Continuing on with the RSVP messages

This one is from @Cornelius

Cornelius - 3 - Let the madness begin! We need a Ecigssa table this year for all to sit down togheter.

Hear you loud and clear @Cornelius - it is a good idea. Only thing is I think we will need more than a table. We will need a few! Let's see what we can come up with. Thanks for mentioning it.

PS - we will have our ECIGSSA/VapeCon stand as well. So be sure to come check it out.

Cornelius - 3 - Let the madness begin! We need a Ecigssa table this year for all to sit down togheter.

Hear you loud and clear @Cornelius - it is a good idea. Only thing is I think we will need more than a table. We will need a few! Let's see what we can come up with. Thanks for mentioning it.

PS - we will have our ECIGSSA/VapeCon stand as well. So be sure to come check it out.
It was awesome being at the stand and seeing someone patiently waiting to get to talk to you, only to find out that it was just a member coming to say "hi"! Hopefully with this being a two day event there will be more time to sit and chat to everyone.

Oh by the way @Cornelius
On that point...
There will be plenty of tables and chairs at VapeCon. Loads of space for people to sit, chat and eat.

We just need to figure out if we going to mark some of them in a section, specifically intended for ECIGSSA forumites.

As much as we want ECIGSSA forumites to feel special on the day we don't want non-forumites to feel alienated. So we will add this to our To Do list to think about and try come up with something.

Oh by the way @Cornelius
On that point...
There will be plenty of tables and chairs at VapeCon. Loads of space for people to sit, chat and eat.

We just need to figure out if we going to mark some of them in a section, specifically intended for ECIGSSA forumites.

As much as we want ECIGSSA forumites to feel special on the day we don't want non-forumites to feel alienated. So we will add this to our To Do list to think about and try come up with something.
Maybe that will act as motivation to become forumites. I'll set up a booth "not part of the forum? We can help!"

Oh by the way @Cornelius
On that point...

But @Silver , I think both @Cornelius and @Steyn777 will agree that we are special:D

It's alwaysba strange experience when I go into a Vapeshop and start chatting with random people...when I ask: So who are you on the forum and I get this blank stare I'm always baffled.
And hell yeah we are special!!
I get the opposite @Steyn777 ... I go into a Vapeshop and people come up to me saying, "Hey Stosta!" and I'm left wondering who they are! It also takes me a while to register that I'm Stosta!
:FACEPALM:

I get the opposite @Steyn777 ... I go into a Vapeshop and people come up to me saying, "Hey Stosta!" and I'm left wondering who they are! It also takes me a while to register that I'm Stosta!
:FACEPALM:

Even more confusing to me is matching the forum names to the real names and faces - and remembering is not my strong point. We should have an online database with that detail for people like me

But hopefully VapeCon will sort that all out. Looking forward to meeting more forumites face-to-face

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Even more confusing to me is matching the forum names to the real names and faces - and remembering is not my strong point. We should have an online database with that detail for people like me

But hopefully VapeCon will sort that all out. Looking forward to meeting more forumites face-to-face

Sent by iDad's iPhone
I can relate to that!

Look forward to finally meeting you @RenaldoRheeder

We are a special group of people on this forum indeed.

Even though there are loads of non-forumites at VapeCon my eyes always look out for the forum name tag wearers first !

We will have forum name tags for the forumites that RSVP and those who rsvp here will be in line to win some special giveaway prizes that are dedicated to you.

So rsvp and wear your forum name tag on the day!

We are a special group of people on this forum indeed.

Even though there are loads of non-forumites at VapeCon my eyes always look out for the forum name tag wearers first !

We will have forum name tags for the forumites that RSVP and those who rsvp here will be in line to win some special giveaway prizes that are dedicated to you.

So rsvp and wear your forum name tag on the day!
Was thinking of getting a shirt printed with Steyn777 in big bold letter...this post just made it a no-brainer.

I will have "I'm here for Steyn777" shirts available for the fans, pm me with your size requirements.

Oh by the way @Cornelius
On that point...

I think the whole place is there for a ecigssa-meet-and-chat-and-chill

Continuing on with the RSVP comments...

This one is from long-time dedicated member @MrDeedz

MrDeedz - 2 - Are we there yet 0_o

We aren't there yet @MrDeedz but we are getting there! Loads of preparation taking place right now. Exhibitor registration is well underway and it's been frantic. Take up has been super so far. We've also been busy with lots of smaller behind-the-scenes "workstreams" to get ready for the big weekend. Ticket sales, food vendors, riggers, electrical suppliers, lighting and AV - to name a few - the list just goes on.... :eek:

But am pleased to report that we are on track and things are going according to plan...
About 2 months to go...

We're nearly there ;)

Continuing on with the RSVP comments...

This one is from long-time dedicated member @MrDeedz

MrDeedz - 2 - Are we there yet 0_o

We aren't there yet @MrDeedz but we are getting there! Loads of preparation taking place right now. Exhibitor registration is well underway and it's been frantic. Take up has been super so far. We've also been busy with lots of smaller behind-the-scenes "workstreams" to get ready for the big weekend. Ticket sales, food vendors, riggers, electrical suppliers, lighting and AV - to name a few - the list just goes on.... :eek:

But am pleased to report that we are on track and things are going according to plan...
About 2 months to go...

We're nearly there ;)
Thank you Rockstar @Silver . Let me know if you guys need help with anything. More then welcome to help the ecigssa admin team with prep or the big day tasks.

Thank you Rockstar @Silver . Let me know if you guys need help with anything. More then welcome to help the ecigssa admin team with prep or the big day tasks.

Thanks @MrDeedz , much appreciated
Will keep that in mind!

Back