Vaping Gamers

Howzit guys.

Playing csgo - nova 1 and pubg.

Pubg im inbetween update player. Capped aint fun with pubg

@Christos - i love that screen!
Am in the market for a major upgrade on my computer

I have two HP ZR24W screens

Is there any advantage to having one very large screen versus two separate screens?
I dont need that much screen for my spreadsheets and i dont do gaming
I always have my browser on the right and excel/other main programs on the left
So when i open my browser it automatically goes to the right screen
What happens on yours? Does it remember where it was last?
Sorry if its a dumb question but that kind of thing is important to me

@Christos - i love that screen!
Am in the market for a major upgrade on my computer

I have two HP ZR24W screens

Is there any advantage to having one very large screen versus two separate screens?
I dont need that much screen for my spreadsheets and i dont do gaming
I always have my browser on the right and excel/other main programs on the left
So when i open my browser it automatically goes to the right screen
What happens on yours? Does it remember where it was last?
Sorry if its a dumb question but that kind of thing is important to me
Well it does remember position etc.
If you want more real estate I would look at a 4k monitor that will give you 4 times the real estate a 1080p monitor gives since you aren't worried about refresh rates.

The advantage of one big monitor is firstly the amount of space you have e.g. I can see hundreds of columns before I have to scroll. Secondly I actually think one monitor is a cleaner approach than 2 or 3 monitors.

The screen I have can be seen as 3x 24" or 2x27" coming in at 49" but it has a refresh rate of 144hz which is preferable for gaming.
Basically there is no screen bezel between your 3x 24" configuration.

For work I must say that it has made my productivity increase as I can see a lot more and don't have to scroll that often and I don't have to look at the task bar to find a open application etc.

I was previously using a 27" with 120hz refresh rate for work mostly and would have preferred a 4k monitor but I think in a year or 2 4k monitors with decent specs will be more readily available for pcs.

Also, I never considered this but I needed a new desk to house my new monitor for its sheer size.
images (1).png
You can see the advantage of more pixels here.
Currently I'm on 3840x1080.

Before you look away from gaming hardware, I find the gaming equipment to have better features and work better for me for work than let's say a professional setup.
E.g. a gaming keyboard with mx cherry blue keys and RGB backlit is not designed for business use but the keyboard is designed for typing and the backlit is a really nice feature if you work in the dark a lot.

I am happy to discuss prices and hardware with you via PM but please remember I spent money on overclocking equipment and slightly better cooling that you would not necessarily need at all.
I do some fairly hardware dependant bulk processing so a beefy "gaming" machines works 2 fold for me as a work pc and a gaming pc.

Did I mention cold boot in under 3 seconds :D

Oh @Christos - that above info is like music to my ears
Will probably have to start another thread or PM to take it further not to derail the gamers thread
But thanks so much for your inputs here
Can see you have given this much thought and i appreciate that

PS - i do like cooling :D

Now thats a winner! I often tell people don't go for a dual core system. I went quadcore 8 years ago and have not looked back since - well it's been 8/9 years since I upgraded.
It's been about 7 years since I upgraded and I must say I was blown away! I'm still happy with my old systems for what they did they still do very well but I never imagined the performance I was missing out on.

There was a thread here somewhere that contained a link to some web site that rated your PC. Can not find it now, can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks/Regards

Spring cleaning done.
All see through and shiny again.
5b67039f1dd55726e01e77fdc86759a0.jpg
75d7cb2ed21c6932c7b703e90af6d741.jpg
27a10a6e05a1b96fc1806da97923acc2.jpg
13b35f4ed5ce099fc5dc41f24ff830ad.jpg

Sent from the abyss

I should seriously get back into the habit, when leaft it gets sticky and then just an issue to remove dust.

However, I am due for an upgrade.

have been off games for few years now. Last game I played was Call of duty ghosts just the campaign, and since I was in india we were still playing Counter strike condition zero on our local LAN (the entire suburb was connected with a LAN network and since the high population density was high we had ample players). Where so I start again now ?
I mostly play FPS games. My plan is to catch up with call of duty again to start with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
At the moment I am on a LTE, will be getting a fiber connection hopefully soon, What multiplayer games do you play here ???

have been off games for few years now. Last game I played was Call of duty ghosts just the campaign, and since I was in india we were still playing Counter strike condition zero on our local LAN (the entire suburb was connected with a LAN network and since the high population density was high we had ample players). Where so I start again now ?
I mostly play FPS games. My plan is to catch up with call of duty again to start with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
At the moment I am on a LTE, will be getting a fiber connection hopefully soon, What multiplayer games do you play here ???
Destiny 2 can be fun in a clan.
you got plenty of Call of Duty and Battlefield's to catch up on. I play both FPS and RPG and also still playing catch up with all the titles i missed out on.
Currently busy with Fallout 4 and Wolfenstein: The new colossus.

Don't forget to play the last Doom and don't be in 2 much of a hurry

hi, can anyone assist me please, my son is a Fortnite freak and for Christmas he wants "V bucks"

soooooo, how does one get hold of these bucks ?

and any idea how many "Real bucks" they cost ?

regards

Back