Vaping Pet Peeves

Little magnets in REO doors and Billet Box Panels... bane of my life! :-@

Top 2 at the moment, the list is longer, but I do not want to sound like a sour puss.

1. Vapers that look down on you for the gear you are using or your vaping style. "You have to blow big clouds to be a vaper", "you need to use product xyz otherwise you are not a real vaper" "you have to ..."
2. Strangers that will just take your setup and start vaping without asking or the ones that do ask, that insist that you have to let them try. I have no issues with friends or family that take any of my ready to go setups and vaping on it. But a stranger ...

Top 2 at the moment, the list is longer, but I do not want to sound like a sour puss.

1. Vapers that look down on you for the gear you are using or your vaping style. "You have to blow big clouds to be a vaper", "you need to use product xyz otherwise you are not a real vaper" "you have to ..."
2. Strangers that will just take your setup and start vaping without asking or the ones that do ask, that insist that you have to let them try. I have no issues with friends or family that take any of my ready to go setups and vaping on it. But a stranger ...
I always carry some alcohol pads with me for those stranger moments!

1. Walking into a store asking for help or advice and getting a snotty answer from the guy behind the counter.
Guys behind the counter that keep speaking to other people while helping me ( Happens often just like in Pick n Pay)
2. Know-it-all vapers
3. Low ballers
4. Trust fund babies that diss my "cheaper gear"
5. Running out of juice
6. Non vapers that want to puff away on my device
7. People touching my vape stuff
8. Dirty cotton/coils
9. tobacco and coffee flavour juices :THINKINGFACE:

Yes I have problems I know...

Last edited:
1. Walking into a store asking for help or advice and getting a snotty answer from the guy behind the counter.
Guys behind the counter that keep speaking to other people while helping me ( Happens often just like in Pick n Pay)
2. Know-it-all vapers
3. Low ballers
4. Trust fund babies that diss my "cheaper gear"
5. Running out of juice
6. None vapers that want to puff away on my device
7. People touching my vape stuff
8. Dirty cotton/coils
9. tobacco and coffee flavour juices :THINKINGFACE:

Yes I have problems I know...
Not a chance you and I are on the right side of normal it's the other sixty five million cuckoo heads that need medication.

Agree with most points here.

However. Some are leaning more towards being sliiiightly intolerant though. You have to remember that "new" vapers will usually ask "what tank is best for.." or "which mod should I use when..". It's not because they're lazy, most of the time they actually did their research and do have the facts, but due to lack of experience don't know how to interpret the facts yet. They need input and advice and I'm not sure why we're listing it as a pet peeve, to be honest.

If they did absolutely zero research then sure, I get that that's annoying. But that's usually in the minority.

Absolutely, there are many cases where you just don't get the answers you are looking for by using google and getting a response from someone who has the experience or expertise is usually more trustworthy.

Not a chance you and I are on the right side of normal it's the other sixty five million cuckoo heads that need medication.

Hahaha, dude if an oke suddenly starts speaking to his mate or colleague while I'm explaining what I need or want... gets me everytime

1) When someone insists you try there set up . . . And you notice its loaded with funky lip gunk "sure . . . k no bye"

Make a point of cleaning your tip before and after giving it to someone!

And the common ones

"is that one of those hubbly stick things"

"Is that a twisp"

"I saw on facebook . . . "

"But why do you vape"

"Have you tried dagga in that"

Ignorance/misinformation frustrates me more than a leaky tank ever could

What really annoys the hell out of you in the context of vaping?

Mine is when people bring up the Harvard "study" on popcorn lung... Pleeeeeeease, can we delete that off the internet already?! :notagain:

The constant fiddling and faffing with refilling the tank and recharging!!

People selling second hand stuff at the same price as new, or asking more than what it can be bought for new.

And less so - restaurants not letting you vape even if you sit in the outdoors section, but smokers can do as they please.

Have moved the above 10 posts from the thread @Clarissa started to this existing thread
Thanks for the headsup @Soprono

What's your pet peeve about vaping? Mine are:

Recharging
Refilling
Leaking tank
Weak flavours

When someone uses my mod without asking. I have no issue sharing my mod at all but please be courteous and ask. Especially if you're not a vaper... I don't carry cotton around so you cooking my coils is a bit more than just an "oops".

Your peeves were the same as mine until;

Recharging is solved with a spare mod or spare batteries.

Leaking is solved with the OBS engine.

Refilling is exciting for me.

Bad flavours is solved by trial and error. :)

When someone uses my mod without asking. I have no issue sharing my mod at all but please be courteous and ask. Especially if you're not a vaper... I don't carry cotton around so you cooking my coils is a bit more than just an "oops".

Your peeves were the same as mine until;

Recharging is solved with a spare mod or spare batteries.

Leaking is solved with the OBS engine.

Refilling is exciting for me.

Bad flavours is solved by trial and error. :)

@Spyro I can't believe that someone would use someone else's mod without asking! If that happened to me, I'd give them a mouthful - and not of vapour! A mod is such a personal thing - you're putting it between your lips. How do you know if that person doesn't have an infection of some kind? This DID happen to me. I gave my device to a friend for just one puff. She had a cold. I got a cold! Never again, unless I wipe the drip-tip with rubbing alcohol.

@Spyro I can't believe that someone would use someone else's mod without asking! If that happened to me, I'd give them a mouthful - and not of vapour! A mod is such a personal thing - you're putting it between your lips. How do you know if that person doesn't have an infection of some kind? This DID happen to me. I gave my device to a friend for just one puff. She had a cold. I got a cold! Never again, unless I wipe the drip-tip with rubbing alcohol.

Just the other day I was in a vape store and while talking to an attendant the other attendant asked to use my mod. I didn't hear him but he took it as a yes and puffed away. Was a bit irritated.

As far as germs go, I grew up in boarding school so what's mine is yours was the norm. I am the furthest thing from a germophobe :)

People with bad vape etiquette.... yes I vape, no I'm not fond of tasting your juice via it being exhaled amd blown directly onto my face
, people bringing their children into vape shops (Probably stems from me not smoking near people <18 years old), vaping in non-vape shops (cloud chasing while standing in line at pick n pay for example)

Basically all the stuff the "antivapers" complain about haha...

Last edited:
Back