Which Mod To Get?

Dr Evil

I'm a MasterVapour
LV

Awards
So, after visiting my good friend @BhavZ today I've got a serious crush on an SVD, reason why I'm posting this is to get some opinions on what other mods are good that are similar to the SVD.

I've considered the MVP but it just seems so cumbersome to carry. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

Don't think about it man, just get an SVD.. You know you love it already!

I was honestly surprised at how small the MVP was when I got it. I can pop the MVP in my jean pocket without a problem, the only part that becomes an issue is the tank on top. I haven't held an SVD yet, so I cannot truthfully compare. Try to get your hands on an MVP as well and see what suits you best.

Oh and if you decided on a SVD, which you will (IT ROCKS), look at the side + and - buttons, the round buttons is the older model and the flat buttons is the newer one .... as I've heard. I've got the round buttons and it works well!! But for some reason and all SVD user will know of the SVD glitch where you taking a drag and nothing comes out, then you have to press the fire button 3 times and the screen shows 'OFF' and press the fire button 3 times again to turn it back on. If you can live with that glitch happening once or twice a day its smoothing sailing from there.

Was at VapeMob the other day and they getting the SVD mini in soon!!!

SVD mini, now that sounds interesting, but what battery would it use then because the current one at it's smallest uses the 18350

I love the E-vic, just feels a little bit to fragile thou. Others I haven't really tried out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about the vamo but i heard alot of bad things about it, breaking and dying. The SID i thought about as well, i like the look of the SVD but the colour of the evic with the black tube.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know of a good few people who have had issues with the e-vic selection dial malfunctioning.

I've got a svd and I love it. Mine doesn't really have that button off thing as often so I'm happy with mine. Get one, its awesome. Oh, and sub ohming is possible! I did a 0.7ohm coil last night and it rocked!

I've got a svd and I love it. Mine doesn't really have that button off thing as often so I'm happy with mine. Get one, its awesome. Oh, and sub ohming is possible! I did a 0.7ohm coil last night and it rocked!
Not really sub ohming as you are limited to 15 W by the SVD. But the SVD can provide more power than the MVP, if required - 15 W vs 11 W.

I find that 15w tends to be my goto more often than not. Used to be at 10w but with my current builds 15w seems to be the happy place.

I guess the time for wanting a mech mod has evolved into a need now.

I find that 15w tends to be my goto more often than not. Used to be at 10w but with my current builds 15w seems to be the happy place.

I guess the time for wanting a mech mod has evolved into a need now.

Bra, you don't even have your SVD for a month yet :eek:

Bra, you don't even have your SVD for a month yet :eek:

Dude things evolve very quickly for me.. if not a mech then I think a DNA30 would be my next upgrade but looking at the possible pricing of the DNA30 mech might just be the more affordable way to go.

But believe me no matter what you will love your SVD if you decide to get one. I come running home to my SVD every night and if I had enough 18350 batteries I would use it as my ADV in a heartbeat (working on building my collection of batteries).

Vaping tends to short learning curves, many examples on this forum.

I'm starting to see the light hey, dunno how i survived for more than a year on ego batteries, when i tried that SVD i was in love

But for some reason and all SVD user will know of the SVD glitch where you taking a drag and nothing comes out, then you have to press the fire button 3 times and the screen shows 'OFF' and press the fire button 3 times again to turn it back on.

It the most annoying glitch in the world! It drives me over the edge...

I'm starting to see the light hey, dunno how i survived for more than a year on ego batteries, when i tried that SVD i was in love

Same here.. it looks techie yet sleek.. For me with regards to looks its the best of both worlds and I love the menu system feels like I am setting the hadron collider for some serious action..

It the most annoying glitch in the world! It drives me over the edge...
Must be honest, I really dont mind the glitch, allows me to pay more attention to my device.. More drool time for me..

Hi @Dr Evil

I have both the SVD (newer model with round buttons as Hein describes) and the MVP version 2.

I don't really think they are very comparable. They are different, for me at least.

The MVP has its own built in battery and I would say its more of an "entry to intermediate level" device with power only up to 11 Watts . I use it as a workhorse battery on my small tank, the PT2 Mini. It has unbelievable battery life - nearly 1,000 puffs or even more sometimes - at 7.5 Watts. This lasts me at least 3 days. A perfect travel companion for a busy trip. It's quite light. Just make sure you like the box shape.

The SVD is also a great device. As I am sure you saw. I would say this is more of an "intermediate to higher end" device. Mine has worked brilliantly since I got it a few months ago. It mainly is used for my IGO-L dripper at around 12.5 Watts. However, this takes external batteries, so its more expensive - you need good batteries and a good charger. What you put in is what you get out as they say. Contrary to your original concern, I actually think the SVD is way more bulky than the MVP. It is also heavier. It is much larger when in 18650 mode.

Check out the picture below which I posted earlier today in another thread
KayfunSVD versus other devices.jpg

The SVD is on the far left and the MVP is 3rd from the left. The SVD alone is roughly 13cm tall in 18650 mode (as in the pic). The MVP stands only about 9cm high. Both of these will need atties plugged in on top, so atty for atty, the SVD is quite a bit taller. As a result, the SVD stays at home.

Ideally, you probably need both devices. But if you are only looking for 1 device and see yourself requiring higher power typically on rebuildables, then I suggest go for the SVD. If you are going to vape more "standard" type of equipment like Protanks and iClears, then either would do but in my opinion the MVP is a better solution for mindless vaping at lower power.

Hope it helps

Must be honest, I really dont mind the glitch, allows me to pay more attention to my device.. More drool time for me..

Maybe because it was the first MOD I ever bought and I thought it was faulty (actually it is a fault) and sent it back to the vendor who sent me a brand new one... and of course it had the same problem... now compare that to the MVP or the SID... they both may not look as kewl as the SVD but they do work perfectly.

Maybe because it was the first MOD I ever bought and I thought it was faulty (actually it is a fault) and sent it back to the vendor who sent me a brand new one... and of course it had the same problem... now compare that to the MVP or the SID... they both may not look as kewl as the SVD but they do work perfectly.

I completely understand what you mean but for me the deciding factor between the SVD and the MVP was that the SVD does 15watts which these days I find myself on a lot more than 10 or 11watts. I guess it all boils down to preference and purpose. The drawback for me with the MVP is that it becomes a disposable unit as the battery will eventually wear out and one cannot change the battery. Whereas with the SVD when battery wear out just buy more. Again this is all personal preference.

I completely understand what you mean but for me the deciding factor between the SVD and the MVP was that the SVD does 15watts which these days I find myself on a lot more than 10 or 11watts. I guess it all boils down to preference and purpose. The drawback for me with the MVP is that it becomes a disposable unit as the battery will eventually wear out and one cannot change the battery. Whereas with the SVD when battery wear out just buy more. Again this is all personal preference.

Yip no argument there at all... I still haven't worked out why I need more than 8 watts but I guess when I perfect playing with the Kayfun Lite Plus I may understand it a bit better. If you can live with the dicky issue then the SVD is a great MOD and looks awesome!

Yip no argument there at all... I still haven't worked out why I need more than 8 watts but I guess when I perfect playing with the Kayfun Lite Plus I may understand it a bit better. If you can live with the dicky issue then the SVD is a great MOD and looks awesome!

With standard tanks I wouldn't go over 10watts, even with a rebuilt coil in it but the moment I got an RDA all gloves were off, and now I find myself wanting more power

Back