Which Mod To Get?

With standard tanks I wouldn't go over 10watts, even with a rebuilt coil in it but the moment I got an RDA all gloves were off, and now I find myself wanting more power

Roger that... that's why I have a Sigelie 20w on order! :D

Just remember with a SVD vs a mech, the SVD you can set your watts (3-15watts) but with a mech your watts are limited to the coil you build, with a mech you have to build a 1.1Ohms coil to get 15 watts on a full charge (4.2V) and with every vape your wattage goes down as the battery goes down (almost flat battery is 3.5V on a 1.1Ohms coil =11 watts)

Just remember with a SVD vs a mech, the SVD you can set your watts (3-15watts) but with a mech your watts are limited to the coil you build, with a mech you have to build a 1.1Ohms coil to get 15 watts on a full charge (4.2V) and with every vape your wattage goes down as the battery goes down (almost flat battery is 3.5V on a 1.1Ohms coil =11 watts)
Thanks man, definitely something to consider

cool man! My KTS is awesome on a full charge but when it gets to like 3.6 it makes almost no vapor and I pop it into the SVD and pop a fresh bat in the KTS!
Sweet!

Shot for all the responses guys, I'm deciding between the SVD and 134 mini, i love the look of the 134 but it's just too friggin huge, the mini is much smaller.

Any idea of who stocks the 134 mini is SA?

Sent from my S4 LTE using my finger

I love the look of the 134 but it's just too friggin huge

I'm with you all the way... I have added it to my shopping cart many times but never managed to hit the fire button so to speak! ;)

Personally I wouldn't go with the 134 mini for 2 reasons, 1) the device is not telescopic and 2) the device is strictly a VW device and not a VV/VW device and does not have the ability to check ohms etc which for me is important if you are going to be building coils.

Personally I wouldn't go with the 134 mini for 2 reasons, 1) the device is not telescopic and 2) the device is strictly a VW device and not a VV/VW device and does not have the ability to check ohms etc which for me is important if you are going to be building coils.

I get what you saying but even with the SVD I'd more than likely use it in 18350 mode, if i buy a mod, I'm replacing my trusty 650mah ego with it, it will go with me everywhere, as for being wattage only, i feel you have more control with vw than vv. Even with my ego vv's, i get close to the flavour but it's just not close enough as with a vw device

I get what you saying but even with the SVD I'd more than likely use it in 18350 mode, if i buy a mod, I'm replacing my trusty 650mah ego with it, it will go with me everywhere, as for being wattage only, i feel you have more control with vw than vv. Even with my ego vv's, i get close to the flavour but it's just not close enough as with a vw device

The 134 has set wattage options, you cannot go up in .5 increments and are forced to use the settings that have been predefined, its not like a 650mah vv where you can dial in between the demarcated voltages. you have a limited selection of wattage. What I have also noticed is that with complex juices (more than one flavour) altering the wattage will make certain flavours more pronounced and you might find that the wattage you are looking for cannot be attained with the predetermined options on the 134. With the SVD you can go up in .5 increments from the lowest setting to the highest setting.

Personally I agree with you that just VW is good enough as it automatically adjusts according to resistance. Chances are, however, that you will end up with a rebuildable atty in future. For that an ohm meter is indispensable. For the same reason you would want the higher (15 W) power of the SVD to drive the rebuildable until and if you get a mechanical mod. If you are sure you will not entertain rebuildables in future or would then accommodate them with new equipment, the 134 Mini would be great for you.

Personally I agree with you that just VW is good enough as it automatically adjusts according to resistance. Chances are, however, that you will end up with a rebuildable atty in future. For that an ohm meter is indispensable. For the same reason you would want the higher (15 W) power of the SVD to drive the rebuildable until and if you get a mechanical mod. If you are sure you will not entertain rebuildables in future or would then accommodate them with new equipment, the 134 Mini would be great for you.

Thanks @Matthee, mech mods i don't think would be for me, i prefer the electronic stuff. As I'm speaking to you guys more and more and @BhavZ twisting my arm via gtalk I'm leaning more and more towards the SVD.

Thanks @Matthee, mech mods i don't think would be for me, i prefer the electronic stuff. As I'm speaking to you guys more and more and @BhavZ twisting my arm via gtalk I'm leaning more and more towards the SVD.

Don't blame me, just giving you the facts lol

I`m also on the SVD than the 134, and the 134 has been my dream mod since I saw it. Thinking the 134 would make a better 2nd device and only more when using clearo`s cause clearos tend to get dry vapes over 10watts with my experience. Going the RTA or RBA route the SVD has an Ohm meter which is essential and you can go up to 15watts. If you can get a device that can go more than 15 watts with an ohm meter go for that but then again they tend to become expensive.

clearos = 8 - 12 watts
rda, rba, rta = 10 - 15 watts

thats my personal preferance

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

I`m also on the SVD than the 134, and the 134 has been my dream mod since I saw it. Thinking the 134 would make a better 2nd device and only more when using clearo`s cause clearos tend to get dry vapes over 10watts with my experience. Going the RTA or RBA route the SVD has an Ohm meter which is essential and you can go up to 15watts. If you can get a device that can go more than 15 watts with an ohm meter go for that but then again they tend to become expensive.

clearos = 8 - 12 watts
rda, rba, rta = 10 - 15 watts

thats my personal preferance

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2
Spot on imo, @Hein510. New Sigelei 20 W electronic mod on the horizon as well: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/index.php?threads/new-stock-arriving-soon.1070/page-11#post-26057

What do you guys think of the Provari Mini?

What do you guys think of the Provari Mini?

Damn dude, if I could I would so get me one, that thing is a piece of beauty

Awesome quality, probably best quality VV device on the market today. But no VW, which is slowly but surely being the death of Provari. And the price - see they are R4000.00 locally, just the tube.

Awesome quality, probably best quality VV device on the market today. But no VW, which is slowly but surely being the death of Provari. And the price - see they are R4000.00 locally, just the tube.
When a product is advertised as a tube does that mean that it is a functioning unit without batteries and charger or are there other components you still need to purchase with it?

When a product is advertised as a tube does that mean that it is a functioning unit without batteries and charger or are there other components you still need to purchase with it?
I have never ever seen anyone advertising a PV as a "tube". Just my description. You seem to know Vapemob very well, if you go to their Provari you will see what I mean.

I have never ever seen anyone advertising a PV as a "tube". Just my description. You seem to know Vapemob very well, if you go to their Provari you will see what I mean.
Oh ok cool. I noticed that SkyBlue also advertise the KTS as a tube only so was not sure what that meant.

Yip that is a little silly price wise...

Oh ok, never knew it didn't have vw. It is still a thing of beauty though.

@Rob Fisher, how come you never got you one of those? You have some awesome gear and i thought you would have had one

Back