Why does the same battery last longer in one mod than in another?

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
Asking for a friend and out of curiosity ...

The battery, an 18650, is used in Mod A (Pico). It lasts for a few hours before needing to be recharged.

After recharging it is put into Mod B (Vaporesso Swag) and it lasts much longer than it did in the Pico.

How can this be? The battery is literally the same battery.

Different chipsets use power more or less efficiently. The Pico is an older chipset than the Swag would be my guess. The chipsets could also have different cut-off points.

Aside from what was already mentioned, was it used with the same atomizer and coil?

Agreed with @Vilaishima - if it was used with a different coil and power then it would have a different life.

Another thing is what @RichJB said about different cutoffs. Some mods take the batteries down lower than others before telling you its flat. Could be that too.

I doubt the efficiency difference of these two mods (all else identical) would display itself noticeably as different battery life.

No, the atty and coil were different
I really dont want to be funny or sarcastic, but the best way to discribe is: that is to ask why a polo drive so much further on R100 petrol than a bus.

A atty with a 1ohm build can vape at 15watts and battery will last much longer than an atty with a 0.2 ohm coil vaping at 60watts.

I really dont want to be funny or sarcastic, but the best way to discribe is: that is to ask why a polo drive so much further on R100 petrol than a bus.

A atty with a 1ohm build can vape at 15watts and battery will last much longer than an atty with a 0.2 ohm coil vaping at 60watts.

Ed Zachery

I run a 1 Ohm coil in my Pico at vape at 15w-20w. A single 18650 Samsung 25R last a very long time.
My dual battery Luxe running a pair of coils at 0.21 Ohm burn through two of the same batteries in no time.

@Hooked As @Jean claude Vaaldamme pointed out, the different atty/coil is the reason why the battery life is different on both devices. It can also be the chips used by these devices. If I'm not mistaken, the Swag uses the Vaporesso OMNI Board 4.0 chip and in my opinion, this board can stack up to the very best chips in the vape world.

@Hooked As @Jean claude Vaaldamme pointed out, the different atty/coil is the reason why the battery life is different on both devices. It can also be the chips used by these devices. If I'm not mistaken, the Swag uses the Vaporesso OMNI Board 4.0 chip and in my opinion, this board can stack up to the very best chips in the vape world.

@daniel craig And I suppose the Pico 25 is being left behind somewhat with all the fancy new stuff!

@daniel craig And I suppose the Pico 25 is being left behind somewhat with all the fancy new stuff!
I'm not too sure. I haven't checked the technical details/tests done on Eleafs new range of products. I know Vaporesso loads their mods with tons of features you will never use and the technical tests performed showed that it's pretty accurate.

I'm sure their newer products should have a pretty good chip in comparison to their older mods with improvements in TC mode, accuracy, ramp up time, battery usage in idle etc.

Back