Why should I consider a Reo?

Ok guys I wanna know from the multiple reo owners, is there such a major difference between the SL and the std? I mean in comparison to a cana a std must already be lighter so is it really that worth it?

I personally don't really like the cut outs, makes it look like a British phone booth to me for some reason. Does everyone else or is it function over form?

Also takes away from the real estate available to customise it and express yourself. I've seen some pretty nicely done ones

I don't know the difference in grams between the 2, but it is definitely lighter, not that the standard is heavy at all. No difference in function whatsoever. I think owners of both devices will be able to weigh on kitchen scale and post.

Ok guys I wanna know from the multiple reo owners, is there such a major difference between the SL and the std? I mean in comparison to a cana a std must already be lighter so is it really that worth it?

I personally don't really like the cut outs, makes it look like a British phone booth to me for some reason. Does everyone else or is it function over form?

Also takes away from the real estate available to customise it and express yourself. I've seen some pretty nicely done ones
A standard Grand weighs 4-1/8 ounces, a SL (super light) Grand weighs 3-3/8 ounces. Not much of a difference. I prefer the standard. The SL has it fans. They say it is also "grippier".

That's about 23.5 grams reduction, thanks @Andre. I agree, I have a few cool thoughts for some door art for a couple of doors

And I get where they come from with the "grippier"

How much would you say though rob? major or minor difference, personal opinion is ok, not too bothered about exact figures

I see @Andre gave exact figures for you... personally I feel quite a difference and since I retired I only really wear shorts and I think it's easier on my shorts when an SL is in one pocket and an iPhone is in the other.

But at the end of the day I think it's a personal preference thing and doesn't really make that much difference really.

When I first saw them I hated the SL look... then I started to like them and now I only have SL's because I just love them.

Another option is to go for an extra SL door, then just switch em over whenever you feel like a change.

Ok guys, it's official; I have managed to secure myself a Reo grand LP copper vein with Brass rm2 and button.:party:

Will be making my first payment this week and the remainder next week Friday, so will probably recieve it the week after that!:2c:

Wasn't my first choice in color but still pretty nice and if I really dig the Grand LP I will order myself a mini LP to go with it in my preffered color!

Will provide my opinion on the device once it's in hand.

And so the wait begins... :whew:

Ok guys, it's official; I have managed to secure myself a Reo grand LP copper vein with Brass rm2 and button.:party:

Will be making my first payment this week and the remainder next week Friday, so will probably recieve it the week after that!:2c:

Wasn't my first choice in color but still pretty nice and if I really dig the Grand LP I will order myself a mini LP to go with it in my preffered color!

welcome to the family.

You won't be sorry! Bummer about the wait but it will be worth it! I guess you are just a little excited now! ;)

You won't be sorry! Bummer about the wait but it will be worth it! I guess you are just a little excited now! ;)

I guess you can say that;)

At the same time I am quite nervous at pulling the trigger on a pricey device I haven't even held and plus the fact that it is my first mech but hey...YOLO8--)

I guess you can say that;)

At the same time I am quite nervous at pulling the trigger on a pricey device I haven't even held and plus the fact that it is my first mech but hey...YOLO8--)

i did the exact same thing with my first reo buy. please note i said first. yes first. because you even talking about purchasing a second before you even have the first one :clap:

SL is definitely more 'grippy' versus tumbled.

If you get a SL - you must know that your innards will be exposed. So make sure you have a good looking battery ;-)

Congrats, looking forward to welcome you in Reoville and hear your impressions.

Hi @r0gue z0mbie

You mentioned something in the 2015 resolutions thread, which I would like to touch on. But that thread was not the place to get into a discussion. So I am posting it here.

This was your post from that thread

I believe in maths. If it all adds up, I believe...

And there's sooooo many Reo users here that have and had high end vaping gear.

If theses people take more photos of their REOs than themselves, it adds up to me :)

Also, I'm currently dripping on one of the cheapest, bottom end solutions, and it's so nice. Reo's are high end dripping solutions, so I can only imagine.

Let me say that your deduction is right - the Reo is amazing.
It gives an amazing vape if set up properly and it doesn't give trouble.

But I will say that the vape itself is similar to the vape on other drippers. I am no dripper expert (having only tried a few) - but when I set up my simple IGO-L with a decent coil and wick - the flavour it produces is very good - almost as good as the RM2 on my REO.

It's just that the REO frees me from carrying a juice bottle and dripping. So tank-like convenience combined with a dripper quality vape. And with the LP Reo, there is the opportunity to explore many atties that should satisfy even the airiest lung hitters ;-)

I don't want my fellow Reonauts to slate me for saying this - but the Reo is nothing remarkably revolutionary.
But I think this is part of it's strength.
Instead, it's simplicity, performance, durability and reliability are hard to beat at the price.
And that's why I think it does so well. Bear in mind it's an original, not a clone - so for an original, I think it's actually well priced.

Hi @r0gue z0mbie

You mentioned something in the 2015 resolutions thread, which I would like to touch on. But that thread was not the place to get into a discussion. So I am posting it here.

This was your post from that thread

Let me say that your deduction is right - the Reo is amazing.
It gives an amazing vape if set up properly and it doesn't give trouble.

But I will say that the vape itself is similar to the vape on other drippers. I am no dripper expert (having only tried a few) - but when I set up my simple IGO-L with a decent coil and wick - the flavour it produces is very good - almost as good as the RM2 on my REO.

It's just that the REO frees me from carrying a juice bottle and dripping. So tank-like convenience combined with a dripper quality vape. And with the LP Reo, there is the opportunity to explore many atties that should satisfy even the airiest lung hitters ;-)

I don't want my fellow Reonauts to slate me for saying this - but the Reo is nothing remarkably revolutionary.
But I think this is part of it's strength.
Instead, it's simplicity, performance, durability and reliability are hard to beat at the price.
And that's why I think it does so well. Bear in mind it's an original, not a clone - so for an original, I think it's actually well priced.

Hey @Silver

Thanks for elaborating... I get the full picture now.

I actually found out two days ago that I was setting up my coil too close to the posts on my IGO. Read about this in another thread here about another atty. So Ive moved my coil to the outside, and I now I think very highly of my IGO. The flavour off a simple 1,6ohm micro coil is just stunning.

But thanks, I hear what you saying - the REO is a 'solution' as I call it. I carry a mAN during business hours nowadays, and look forward to getting home to drip.... so I would be over the moon to be able to drip all day, without crashing my car trying to juice up the dripper.

Hey @Silver

Thanks for elaborating... I get the full picture now.

I actually found out two days ago that I was setting up my coil too close to the posts on my IGO. Read about this in another thread here about another atty. So Ive moved my coil to the outside, and I now tIhink very highly of my IGO.

But thanks, I hear what you saying - the REO is a 'solution' as I call it. I carry a mAN during business hours nowadays, and look forward to getting home to drip.... so I would be over the moon to be able to drip all day, without crashing my car trying to juice up the dripper.

I can identify with you fully. So glad you found a better coil position for the IGO. It has such lovely flavour when set up correctly. Not sure why, because it's quite a large volume in there compared to so-called better flavour smaller volume drippers - but that's what it is.

That IGO-L of mine has seen so many coil positions. From low down to higher up and from nearer to the posts to right on the edge. And many combinations of those! My reference juice is Bowdens Mate and for that juice, my favourite coil position is slightly higher than the airhole and very close to the edge/rim of the atty. Produces lovely flavour and really nice throat hit, especially on toot two and three. Only at about 15 Watts.

In fact, when I got my Reo with the RM2 - I spent about a week trying many coil positions to get it to taste like my IGO-L. Fancy that - me using something as humble as an IGO-L as my flavour reference to "calibrate" my Reo ! The first few days I was a bit worried because it didn't taste the same. Needless to say - I got it - and even better. But not by much. I still have a fond appreciation for the IGO-L and it is still in regular service as a flavour taster for new juices.

But back to the Reo - it is definitely a great "solution" as you call it - and I can confedently say it is a marvellous vaping workhorse

I can identify with you fully. So glad you found a better coil position for the IGO. It has such lovely flavour when set up correctly. Not sure why, because it's quite a large volume in there compared to so-called better flavour smaller volume drippers - but that's what it is.

That IGO-L of mine has seen so many coil positions. From low down to higher up and from nearer to the posts to right on the edge. And many combinations of those! My reference juice is Bowdens Mate and for that juice, my favourite coil position is slightly higher than the airhole and very close to the edge/rim of the atty. Produces lovely flavour and really nice throat hit, especially on toot two and three. Only at about 15 Watts.

In fact, when I got my Reo with the RM2 - I spent about a week trying many coil positions to get it to taste like my IGO-L. Fancy that - me using something as humble as an IGO-L as my flavour reference to "calibrate" my Reo ! The first few days I was a bit worried because it didn't taste the same. Needless to say - I got it - and even better. But not by much. I still have a fond appreciation for the IGO-L and it is still in regular service as a flavour taster for new juices.

But back to the Reo - it is definitely a great "solution" as you call it - and I can confedently say it is a marvellous vaping workhorse

The problem I was having with the IGo was way too much throat hit, and uneven flavour on every other drag (probably because the air was traveling further to the coil). I've become very acute to flavour, and the slightest thing puts me off. I just couldn't get into organic cotton for 1 reason - the very moment there wasn't enough juice on the cotton, I could taste the cotton (sort of). The dry hit was also terrible.

Boiled jap cotton has really helped, and it fluffs up better, so I can use less. So good.

On the REO, above all I cherish reliability, which really draws me to the REO. I'm a clumsy, ham-handed person and so I like tough things. I like that REOs are made with pride and care, and not just "assembled". This is from what I have gathered from REO threads here and on ECF.

That, and squonking as opposed to "dripping", so less messy.

Every time i see a reo thread. I start think about the colors and all the other options... then I need to remind myself that its only happening in Feb. so relax you got time to think things over.

AAAAAnd then i get impatient...

Every time I see the subject of this thread crop up, I think of this response.

YES!

Back