Wotofo SMRT PnP Rebuildable Coil Kit

@Paul33

I think you are onto a winner. First time I have enjoyed a mesh coil other than the odd one or two in the sub ohm tank. The kit comes with six mesh coils and I am sure that one of them will suit.
I hope so. She uses the 0.6ohm coil at the moment so I’m really really holding thumbs she like one of these.

It is soooo easy, you will ace it the first time around... if not, you know where to find me for a tutorial...
Work doesn’t seem to be giving me a break so looks like I’ll only get a chance to attack this on Saturday afternoon after kids hockey and more work!

but thank you for the kind offer!

First one I tried was the extreme, great flavour and plenty vape production but I like a col vape and this was a little warm for me.

The chill is cooler but still great flavour and cloud production. I am running 80/20 3mg

Right so I built it and it took about 2 minutes. Probably would’ve taken 1 minute but my cat had plans and was taking no for an answer.

but back to the coil building part, that was very very simple. Just hoping my owner likes them and I can start saving even more moola!

OK, so around two weeks and the "chill coil" gave up on me. One minute it was fine, next minute a not so good taste. I put on those glasses that I don't have and never mention, stripped the coil and had a look. I should have taken a pic but what I found was a lot of gunk right at the top edge of the coil. The cotton in this area was also at it's darkest colour. When I installed that coil I remember that I had the coil edge very close to the top of the cotton. On the new install I brought it down a bit. We will see how this one goes.

Last edited:
So I've rebuilt with the chill and turbo options and both have dropped flavour after a day or so and starting giving dry hits. What can I be doing wrong. Theres not much u can do to mess up building this thing and yes I've made sure to prime it properly

I did once allow the juice to go right down to the bottom of the pod and got a dry hit. I have noticed when I prime that the cotton soaks up the juice well and I am going through around 4-5 tanks a day but I never let it go below where I can see it in the pod.

Sounds like a wicking problem, maybe check that it's not too tight in there

In my sub ohm tanks I used to take a pin and gently poke holes in the cotton. Failing to do this ended up with dry hits with any kind of chain vaping.

I have put tons of juice through SMRT coils and never had a dry hit. As @Munro31 says, tight cotton is often the cause of dry hits, yet in the case of SMRT coils, the cotton strips are provided. I also haven't experienced a flavour drop after a day or so.

Perhaps you could provide pics of your next build. With the details available I have no answer for you I'm afraid.

Sounds like a wicking problem, maybe check that it's not too tight in there
Definitely a wicking issue because after leaving it standing for 2 days it's fine for now

Definitely a wicking issue because after leaving it standing for 2 days it's fine for now
Maybe a defect in the supplied cotton? Check it when you rebuild again and see what's happening in there.

That dry hit on the SMRT's are very strange, Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs runs 4 of them at a time, have not had a single Dry Hit on it yet. Also got cotton and mesh stock from different vendors, does this problem happen all the time or just recently?

That dry hit on the SMRT's are very strange, Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs runs 4 of them at a time, have not had a single Dry Hit on it yet. Also got cotton and mesh stock from different vendors, does this problem happen all the time or just recently?
Just got the kit recently. Only rebuilt twice but both times had issues. Going to try and build it again with the extreme hopefully in the next few days.

You may also want to check that when you tighten the threaded cap back on that the wicking holes line up, On mine I have to back it off a little to get them lined up.

Rebuilt the coil as I am running a banana based juice through it. Gotta say, you can't fault the flavour out of these coils, No it is not what I am getting out of a dripper or squonk but then these are only being run for a short time. As an all day vape coil, these SMRT's are running very well. My new mix I ran up to 35 W to get the best flavour, sweet spot for me, but the coil is performing very nicely and is not missing a beat. Really good vapour production that is bringing out the best in the juice. Lot's of flavour even on a cold day outside.

Finally got around to building the first one of these. Used the “middle” mesh. Flavour a bit off to start but soon settled. Running at 50W and no hassles.

Anybody have any comments on the different mesh options available?

Thanks, regards

I have tried all three types and haven't noticed a meaningful difference between them. In other words, as long as one of the three types remains available I am happy.

The extreme is hot so if using that you need to watch your W 45-55 and make sure the juice can handle the high temps.

Turbo is middle of the road 37-43 I run at 35 w and no issues

Chill is also 37-43 yet I can run my adv and red pill at much lower 25-30. This one definitely gives the cooler vape

Last edited:
4x SMRT Pitstop for Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs. Decided to time it... 5 Minutes 41 Seconds in total, with a time improvement on every coil (the first one I left too much cotton and had to trim it down)

20210611_191224.jpg

20210611_192003.jpg

Screenshot_20210611-191900_Clock.jpg

So after some proper testing Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs (as my ever willing guinea pig) has realized that the Extreme Mesh does not work for her. 4 days max and it is burnt and flavorless. I can only do so many testing on 18mg sub-ohm when she comes with: "does this one taste funny to you?"

Now to extensively test the Turbo as I know the Chill works perfect for her (up to 7 days+).

So after some proper testing Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs (as my ever willing guinea pig) has realized that the Extreme Mesh does not work for her. 4 days max and it is burnt and flavorless. I can only do so many testing on 18mg sub-ohm when she comes with: "does this one taste funny to you?"

Now to extensively test the Turbo as I know the Chill works perfect for her (up to 7 days+).
You’re a well trained Guinea pig husband

Another SMRT Coil Test:

- Demon Killer Notch Coil, 0.2ohm SS316L
- Coil Master Dart King Cotton

You have to poke the one leg of the Notch Coil through the cotton before you bend it to face the same direction of the other leg to avoid any shorts on the sides. Goes in to the coil nicely, but must admit that the Dart King Cotton might not have enough thickness to it, will have to add more on another build attempt, but testing it as is.

Legs face in opposite directions once poking out the bottom of the coil, which works fine for having the positive on the inside and the negative on the outside.

Stuck it on the Drag X and the ohms comes out at a flush 0.2ohms. Added some juice (Blimey).

And it vapes... not perfect on flavor, but that can be adjusted when the need arise to use a notch coil in this RBA.

Now this was not done perfectly and needs a bit of fine tuning, but just like my round wire experiment this was a success and good to know for the Vapocalypse.

So if you have any lost Notch Coils lying around and dont know what to do with them, save them for when you run out of Mesh and Cotton Strips as a backup for the Wotofo SMRT PnP Coils.

(ps: no photo's taken, I was not quite expecting it to work...)

Back