Wotofo SMRT PnP Rebuildable Coil Kit

Just ordered another 3 sets of coils (and a little bit of juice for me). Including shipping and juice it comes out at R20/coil for the transaction... BINGO WIN right there for me! Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs will be set for a while now on coils.

I also managed to do a workable roundwire coil build in one, just need to reduce the diameter of the coil and add a little more cotton (Muji works perfect cut into the same size strips as the Wotofo cotton). So I have a backup plan for the vapocalypse as well!

I have recently built my pod twice (in much of a hurry) and both times I got the dreaded "atomizer short" message when firing.

Two coils and cotton pads wasted... :-@

I have recently built my pod twice (in much of a hurry) and both times I got the dreaded "atomizer short" message when firing.

Two coils and cotton pads wasted... :-@
Any ideas on why? Not much can go wrong with a coil, I'm sure if you look hard enough you will be able to find the problem

Any ideas on why? Not much can go wrong with a coil, I'm sure if you look hard enough you will be able to find the problem

I think because the two poles on either side of the mesh eventually end up touching each other somewhere in the chamber or on the legs.

I think because the two poles on either side of the mesh eventually end up touching each other somewhere in the chamber or on the legs.
That will definitely do it, hope it's not a problem that will keep coming up, that will be super frustrating!

Touch wood through 15+ rebuilds over 6 devices I have not had that problem as yet.

I have found that the dual battery Voopoo mods are hit and miss (Argus GT and Drag Max with the Gene Chip) on providing full power to the coils now and again. But that is something that comes from the Drag 1, Drag 2 and Drag Refresh editions already that they work with some tanks and coils but not with others.

So now I put stock coils in for those 2 and SMRT Coils for the Single and Internal Battery Voopoo devices.

The short comes from the positive leg touching on the side of the dec chamber down at the bottom of the coil.

Take a small screw driver and run it down the positive wire and give it a little bend down at the bottom away from the chamber

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

...and make sure the ‘golden object’ is only touching one leg.

The Chinglish isn’t too bad in the instructions, but ‘golden object’ cracks me up every time.

Touch wood through 15+ rebuilds over 6 devices I have not had that problem as yet.

I have found that the dual battery Voopoo mods are hit and miss (Argus GT and Drag Max with the Gene Chip) on providing full power to the coils now and again. But that is something that comes from the Drag 1, Drag 2 and Drag Refresh editions already that they work with some tanks and coils but not with others.

So now I put stock coils in for those 2 and SMRT Coils for the Single and Internal Battery Voopoo devices.
IMG_20210401_223526.jpg
You can touch my puppy

Well, what can one say when one wakes up on his birthday morning to find a Voopoo PnP tank and an SMRT coil kit. One can say ... lets get stuck in then. I built that coil slowly and deliberately to stretch out the pleasure. Soooooo eeeaaasssyyy but still fun getting it perfect.

No hiccups, mesh went in perfect, cotton went in perfect. Priming the coil I noticed the cotton soaked up the juice with a thirst. The set up is really cool. It got paired with a brand new amber jelly box and they look cool together.

How does it vape ? Very well indeed. I went with the .2 turbo mesh and at 30 w it does my ADV justice. I am closed down to about a fifth on the AFC ring and this is giving me a really good restricted draw. Lots of flavour and vapour. There is a little noise but nothing to worry about, it's not troublesome. As I type this, I am on tank six .. about 24 mls and no drop in flavour or performance. No issue refilling but I don't like the rubber bung. Sits on the 510 base with very good magnets. The Jelly box reads at 0.18

I have used mesh before and did not get on very well with it in a mesh tank. No problem with the builds, just that the vape was too smooth, too full, the mouth feel was "not to my palette".

This is: very nice vape, so much so that it stayed with me the whole day while I was at Swagga's brewery with a really hot chick.

She had a melancholy moment when she told me she never would have thought her standards would drop so low that she would sleep with a 60 year old, but hey it is what it is.

OK then ... Day 5.

Have been putting around 4 tanks a day through this same coil, so it is around 80 mls. No drop in flavour and performance as yet. I did however slip up by not watching my juice level one day and had a dry hit. Blrrg. It did however recover without any bad taste.

If anything the flavour has improved since day one and brand new cotton. On install the Ohms read 0.18, this has now dropped to 0.17.
The Jelly box drives this coil very nicely but I get just short of a day out of the Molicell 21700 and around the same out of the 40T.

Very clean set up, if you are careful with the rubber bung and make sure the juice fill hole has room for the air to escape then it is mess free. Just like many reviewers I do get some condensation on the deck but it is minimal.

Good top pocket setup and the magnets on the pod keep it secure to the deck. So far very happy with this setup. It cost R500 for the Jelly box and R220 for the tank. R110 for a box of coils and cotton and R110 for the rebuild able coil. Good value for money

I have been meaning to add that building the coil is far easier than on an RDA. Yes some are easy and some are .... just not. There is really nothing much to go wrong with this build. If anything, care has to be taken with the coil legs when snipping to ensure no shorts, but if you are thinking of building and want an easy way to start, then this is it. No special tools needed. Sharp scissors for the cotton and nail clippers for the coil legs.

Day six: had to do some out and about and ended up outside standing in the queue at the bank. After 15 mins or so I sneaked a draw.

OOPS, I did not realise how much vapour this thing produces and ended up trying to swallow half my cloud. Yes it was cold and you usually see the vapor more, but there was a lot. I felt embarrassed, put it back in the top pocket and hid behind my mask and sunglasses.

The short comes from the positive leg touching on the side of the dec chamber down at the bottom of the coil.

Take a small screw driver and run it down the positive wire and give it a little bend down at the bottom away from the chamber

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

THIS: maybe what you call the bottom I call the top. I decided to check mine and put a different one in. This time the chill. The extreme that I took out did not look bad at all after 7 days, the wick was just brown, not blackened and the mesh was just discolored. I think that I could have gotten another week easily.

On installing the new one, I go the "shorted" message on the mod. So quickly out again and I found the glasses, you know those really strong ones that you do not want to admit to using and you hide them so your friends don't see. Much better. I can see at the "top" of the coil that it has pushed against the cotton and just a tiny bit maybe touching the chamber wall. No issue to gently move it away. Install and problem gone.

Now comes the memory test, what did I do different to the first one. This time around I pushed the coil rod quite firmly down which I did not have to with the first one. I make a mental note to centre the coil on the cotton next time as opposed to having it close to the top.

I like "chill" better than extreme, bit cooler, no hot spots in the vapor. Very cool.

Day : something or other.

I am still running the "chill" mesh and there has been no drop off in flavour since I put it in. 4-5 full tanks a day. I have a choice of batteries for the Jelly box/PnP combo and have tried the following

Molicell 21700
Golisi 20700
Sanyo 20700 B
40T

Surprise, the Sanyo 20700 B outperforms the 21700's in staying power. At 30 W in VW mode both the 40T and molicell 21700 will give me a good solid 10 hours. The Sanyo can extend that by an hour or two. They are the biggest Mah at 4250 but I would have thought the 21700's would have them beat. However not so.

Mooch says

" I am rating this cell at 16A 4000mAh. It runs a few degrees hotter than the HG2 (which is why the Sanyo has a lower rating) but at 10A and 20A continuous down to 3.2V the Sanyo lasts about 25% longer."

So although up until now I have had limited use of these batteries, mainly in my Armor semi mech, they will get the main job of supplying the Jelly box.

I pretty much agree with everything you have said about these coils. I also replaced mine early, not because they had declined in flavour but because I wanted to try one of the other variations. They are long-lasting, easy to build, flavourful and cheap. Like you, I do get a bit of condensation, but it is a very small price to pay for the convenience and flavour.

My only regret is that I only have one. I will definitely be getting more soon.

I finally got my mrs one of these smrt coils guys. I’m gonna sit and build one later on and hope for the best.

hopefully she’s happy cause the original coils get pricey.

I finally got my mrs one of these smrt coils guys. I’m gonna sit and build one later on and hope for the best.

hopefully she’s happy cause the original coils get pricey.

It is soooo easy, you will ace it the first time around... if not, you know where to find me for a tutorial...

@Paul33

I think you are onto a winner. First time I have enjoyed a mesh coil other than the odd one or two in the sub ohm tank. The kit comes with six mesh coils and I am sure that one of them will suit.

What pod or pods do these fit in? Does it have a 510 connector? Thanks.

I need to adjust the above comments. My wife asked what I wanted for my birthday ....... I gave her a list and directions to VK.

Back