Years Of Smoking

Started at 13years old, about 10 a day. At grade 12 i did about 20 - 30 a day for 17 Years. 2nd month vaping now, without missing or having a cig.

Looking at all these testimonies and on my own smoking history with a mind not crippled by carbon monoxide and who knows what else, i can not fathom how we managed to justify our actions. It truly sickens me to think of it.

Someone somewhere mentioned that the Chinese gentleman that reinvented vaping in 2003 saved more lives than any Nobel prize winner ever has was right and I hope he gets the recognition it deserves in due time.

Regards

Look at all of the replies and how all of you (myself included) were naughty little s***s smoking underage :D Our poor mothers.

Look at all of the replies and how all of you (myself included) were naughty little s***s smoking underage :D Our poor mothers.
Fully agree, my dad only found out that I had the habit when I turned 18! He could not understand why my mother did not act or look surprised, she did do the washing ne, must have smelt like a veldfire:angel2:

I started smoking when I met my now-wife back when I was 27. She smoked at the time and then I joined in and never quit. She quit cold turkey and that was it. I'm 44 now. I switched to rollies about 6 years ago when I couldn't keep buying 2 x R35 packs a day even though I wasn't smoking a pack a day (I don't know how many cigs were getting bummed from me, but there was more than just me smoking from a pack). I now do a 50g pack of Colts Vanilla in about 4-5 days. My problem is I have to start with 2 each morning when I wake up, and 2 with my coffee when I get to work. A habit formed from working at Old Mutual a few years back where I had to walk down several floors and out into the quad for a break.

These days, my circulation has gone to crap, my chest is tight and I look older and worn out.

Apart from that, because of rollies, I have tobacco dust everywhere, and those loose filters all over the car.

So time for me to quit. But the post office is stressing me out that I'm currently probably smoking more. :D :p

I started smoking when I met my now-wife back when I was 27. She smoked at the time and then I joined in and never quit. She quit cold turkey and that was it. I'm 44 now. I switched to rollies about 6 years ago when I couldn't keep buying 2 x R35 packs a day even though I wasn't smoking a pack a day (I don't know how many cigs were getting bummed from me, but there was more than just me smoking from a pack). I now do a 50g pack of Colts Vanilla in about 4-5 days. My problem is I have to start with 2 each morning when I wake up, and 2 with my coffee when I get to work. A habit formed from working at Old Mutual a few years back where I had to walk down several floors and out into the quad for a break.

These days, my circulation has gone to crap, my chest is tight and I look older and worn out.

Apart from that, because of rollies, I have tobacco dust everywhere, and those loose filters all over the car.

So time for me to quit. But the post office is stressing me out that I'm currently probably smoking more. :D :p

Rollies are the way to go, after them a factory sigarette tastes like ash. Just the colts vanilla has those black strings of suite comming off them which had me sticking to golden virginia.
In any case, i know how you feel physically and also know that i now feel at least ten years younger, if not more. The ability to breathe, taste and smell comes back rather quickly and its so worth it.

@SinnerG , Had the same problem, walk between buildings a lot daily, have one going there, one coming back and another because it saved me having to climb those dam stairs again, with the obligatory rest on the 1st landing, 12 stairs in total. Now look like the Orient Express chugging between buildings, climb stairs like champion, and can literally smell the flowers again! And all this after 5 months only. Just stay strong when you start, and don't be afraid if you do fall off initially. Hope the Post Office get their game on and deliver.

I started smoking when I was about 16 and quit when I was 31 so 15 years in total.

Worst mistake of my life I'm so happy I was able to quit and vaping has absolutely no negative effect on my health from what I can tell after vaping for a long time.

Starting smoking at the age of 12.

By 14 I was on a pack a day and did that till Jan this year, so a total of 30 years on the stinkies. My son was actually on a visit from Thailand (him and his girlfriend are over there teaching English) and had his vape with him. He let me try it (had a Monster Energy type juice in it) and I was hooked from that first hit.

Went and got myself a PICO/Melo III kit the next day and haven't looked back since.

I am so grateful that vaping exists as an alternative to smoking. Have managed to convert my mom too, who has been smoking stinkies for the better part of 50 years, and am in the process of converting my wife too (she's down to 3 a day).

I may have posted earlier in this thread. I was a smoker for about 16-17 years. Rothmans Blue most of the time. About 25-30 per day.

Now not having smoked a cigarette for 4 years, the part that totally boggles my mind is how on earth I allowed myself to smoke for that long. It is just crazy. Anyway, am so relieved I found vaping - it has been and continues to be a very fun journey...

We should get all 8000 members to write up our stories and send them to the Minister of Health. Alternatively, send 8000 emails to Carte Blanche. It is madness to say that vaping is not a cessation device.

If only the supposed "powers that be" would stop thinking that they know it all, and actually talk to the people involved, all of us, the vapers, they will get the full picture. If not for vaping I would be stinking and on my way to an early grave attached to a portable oxygen tank. How in the Hell was I so stupid for so long? And the excuses to not stop! Mind boggling.

Started smoking in July '81, quit October 2015. 34+ years chain smoker, 2-3 packs a day.
I've picked up chronic heart failure during those years, collapsed in March 2012, even died (for about minute and a half) in Flora clinic. Still couldn't stop smoking and I've hated myself every single day for it. That brings "crazy" to all new levels.
After all that misery, only took one little Evod, Protank 3 Mini and some good will to stop clean.

I must have been somewhere around 11 when I started. In all the years of smoking I never once tried to give up. In the end I was telling myself and medical aids that I smoked 30 a day, was probably more like 60. So after about 40 years of smoking and health going downhill I decided to try this "vaping thing". I did not know anybody who vaped and knew basically nothing about it. It was just me and Google. Decided on my first device and have not smoked since that day. Feb next year will be two years smoke free.

Back