Are you a Lung-hitter or Mouth-to-lung vaper?

What is your vaping draw style?

• Mouth-to-lung

Votes: 41 22.5%
  • Lung-hitter

Votes: 73 40.1%
  • Both - but more mouth-to-lung

Votes: 33 18.1%
  • Both - but more lung-hitter

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Both - equally

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Silver

Flavour and throat hit seeker
Staff member
Administrator
ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi all

I realised this morning that so much about vaping (both hardware and juice wise) depends on whether you are a mouth-to-lung vaper or a "lung-hitter".
  • What I mean by Mouth-to-lung is that you drag into your mouth first, then inhale into the lungs.
  • Lung-hitter implies you breathe the vapour straight into the lungs. You need lots of airflow to do do that.
I am a mouth-to-lung vaper. For me, this means the following:
  • I prefer a tighter draw on my devices. So I like the tightish draw on the Standard RM2 on my Reo. I don't really like the Cyclone with Cyclops AFC - no point for me really - since I need to almost close it fully. Another example, I prefer the tighter draw of the Mini Protank 2 to the Mini Protank 3. I like the tight draw on the EVOD1. Yet another example, on the Nautilus Mini I like the second smallest airhole.
  • For me this also means that I don't build hectically low resistance coils or use massive power. 0.7 ohms on my Reo (25 Watts) is more than enough.
  • It also means that I can handle my 18mg juices. Lung-hitting 18mg juice is not pleasant.
So what are you?
Have you recently changed?

Last edited:
Lung, don't know how to do the mouth to lung thing

Sent with the Reo Thor

I'm a mouth to lung vaper.

But I do like a lighter draw. So for example I prefer the MPT3 to EVOD draw.

And 18 all the way! I again got a 12mg bottle of juice, and again I realize I need to stop doing so.

I also don't see myself needing a huge amount of watts.

I'm a mouth to lung vaper.

But I do like a lighter draw. So for example I prefer the MPT3 to EVOD draw.

And 18 all the way! I again got a 12mg bottle of juice, and again I realize I need to stop doing so.

I also don't see myself needing a huge amount of watts.

Fully understood
Thanks for sharing.

When you answer the phone and you hear heavy metal music and heavy breathing, that's me lunging my 18mg

I find this fascinating

Lung hitters slightly ahead at the moment...

I would love to know what the most Watts any 18mg mouth to lung vaper can tolerate.

Then I would know exactly what I need to cap off the upgrade want.

I mean I was considering a 50watt mod a few weeks ago. Then came to my senses wondering what the hell I would do with all that power.

I would love to know what the most Watts any 18mg mouth to lung vaper can tolerate.

Then I would know exactly what I need to cap off the upgrade want.

I mean I was considering a 50watt mod a few weeks ago. Then came to my senses wondering what the hell I would do with all that power.

18mg on a 1 ohm coil at 17 - 20 watt lung hit with the dripper not hectic but i think closer to 25 30watt i will hit my roof :)

Same coil in the rose mouth-to-lung between 16 - 18 watt. Over that the coil is not wicking fast enough so you get a burnt taste, if i give the coil more juice it tends to flood between hits

well i have jut 20watt so i am getting a 30watt to see ;)

Last edited:
I'm a lung hitter all the way, Just feels smoother, and i get more satisfaction out of it. the only thing that I mouth to lung (and even this is occasional) is my kayfun. I was even Lunging my nautilus (though i always ended up hitting the 10sec safety limit on my funny little eGo batteries) I was a smoker for 12 years, so initally tried mouth to lunging, but it just didnt feel right, also find that it makes the throat it a lot more intense, and i'm not really a fan of throat it.

Last edited:
Only lung hits when I desperately needs a serious nic kick, but most of the time, mouth-to-lung (as I used to smoke).

Since moving over to the atomic and cyclops on a full time basis I would say I'm about 50/50 :p

I just leave the afc wide open and let my mood dictate the type of hit.

It's quite odd, I was always a die hard mouth to lunger who appreciated a tight draw but it seems my tastes have changed. Even for mouth to lung hits I find the airy draw great.

Straight up lung hits on 12mg.

I almost get a more satisfied feeling from a straight to lung hit than I do from a mouth to lung.

I do mostly mouth to lung hits and I use tanks 98% of the time. Drippers imo are meant for full-on lung inhales & changing indoor weather patterns on low nic juices, not for puffing.
Using my mAN, RSST & Kayfun, I likely do 40/% lung and 60% mouth-to-lung hits. In traffic though, it's mostly full lung hits to kill the time instead of the idiots on the road. Lung & mouth to lung depends on the juice flavors as well, which are all 12 mg nic. Max wattage I do here is 15 and I'm usually at 8-9. Other tanks are only mouth to lung due to their tighter draw.

I'll likely never grow up to do straight lung hits with 18mg nics. Well, not with the few flavors I have & have tried in higher nic, as they are just too rough around the edges for my liking, even with mouth-to-lung. The first tank of 18 always seems OK, but thereafter the flavor just becomes too overpowering & almost synthetic.

For me depend on the juice and on the mood of the moment

I'm a mouth to lung boy... if I do a lung hit with Tropical Ice it's like being hit in the face by an Iceberg!
iceberg-poster.jpg

I'm usually mouth to lung but whiskey and beer have an uncanny way of demanding some 'kick'...'oomff' if you will :nerd::-D

Mouth to lung on standard clearo's (12mg nic)
Straight to lung with the Panzer/Magma (12mg nic)

Back