Calling all DIY'ers

@Duke7807 Valley vapor sells scales, I personally find it the easiest to mix with. Find some recipes on line and order the concentrates for that, with some PG and VG then you are ready to roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is a scale a necessity though? As I see they are about R350, would probably buy that in the future. But starting out and making small 10ml bottles, is it necessary? Can I not just use a syringe to measure or would that be inaccurate? Also one more question. Since the flavour has a PG base and I want to end up with a final 50/50 flavour. The ejuice calculator tells me to add 45 PG and 55 VG, but I want to purchase a 50/50 PG/VG readymix from valley vapour. So how would I do this? Would it be an issue? Thanks for your input!

So I've been trying out VapeOWave flavours and so far there flavours are extremely RAW and what I mean by that is that the flavours are extremely close to natural flavours as apposed to the sweetened versions of it found in the TFA selection ... I've been vaping on their Litchi and I find bumping their litchi with some sweetener and menthol drops (Both VapeOWave products) helps the litchi flavour round out and brings down the harsh litchi pip flavour that comes through in the after taste

Litchi Base Recipe
20ml PG
20ml VG
10ml VapeOWave Litchi

Add 5ml Base Litchi to small drip bottle then add .5ml of sweetener and 2-4 drops of menthol to round out the flavour and give it a refreshing throat feel ... I would also recommend trying out some Smooth in this flavour though experimentation is required to reach a balance of flavour and additives

For instance for a 10ml bottle the ejuice calculator will tell me 4ml PG and 5ml VG, but its a readymix so I don't see how that is probable.

Is a scale a necessity though? As I see they are about R350, would probably buy that in the future. But starting out and making small 10ml bottles, is it necessary? Can I not just use a syringe to measure or would that be inaccurate? Also one more question. Since the flavour has a PG base and I want to end up with a final 50/50 flavour. The ejuice calculator tells me to add 45 PG and 55 VG, but I want to purchase a 50/50 PG/VG readymix from valley vapour. So how would I do this? Would it be an issue? Thanks for your input!
You can go without a scale, but for small volumes you would then need 1 ml syringes. The ejuice calculator will take into account that the concentrates are PG based. If you use the readymix your final juice will no longer be 50/50. Maybe buy a 40PG/60VG readymix to get closer to 50/50 after you have added the concentrates, but you will not be able to get exactly 50/50 most times, but should be good enough.

For instance for a 10ml bottle the ejuice calculator will tell me 4ml PG and 5ml VG, but its a readymix so I don't see how that is probable.

Is that for a 50/50 PG/VG mix with 10% flavour? Most flavours come in PG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At quantities that small I usually don't care 100% about accuracy. When testing up new batches I have a bottle of 70/30 or 80/20 premix ready to go. I usually start off with 5% testing of any new flavor I get on its own, I know where the mark is on my 5ml glass bottles. In the end its not exactly 70/30 anymore, a little bit off, but I don't mind all that much. Its just for tasting after all. Saves me some time.

I am going to get a scale though. All this fiddling with 1ml syringes just works on my nerves. It's by no means a requirement however but would make my life so much easier

If I am correct the calculation takes into account that the concentrates are pg based thus if aiming for 10% flavouring in a 50/50 mix yes it would be 4 ml pg and 5 ml pg as the 10% flavour is already 100%pg thus totalling 10ml

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A ready Mixed 50/50 PG VG will basically mean that once you add 10% Flavour you will end up with a slightly higher PG ratio ... to get to a perfect 50/50 once flavour is added you would need to use standalone PG and VG separate and mix your base to a lower PG to account for the flavour.

I've mixed 40ml of 50/50 to the 10ml of Flavour a few times and I find that works fine however if your set on having the flavour at 50/50 as a final mix then I would seriously recommend getting your 2 bases as separate bottles and not a premixed 50/50 ... if your going to be doing Nic in flavours later on having the 2 bases separate will help with the calculations

Generally, using 10 % (PG-based) flavour with 90% premix will end up at 55:45 PG:VG. 20 % flavour will give you 60:40... etc. It still is fine for experimenting, especially if you dont know yet whether you will stick with DIY in the long run. In that same vein, while using a scale makes your life ten times easier, starting with volume-based measurements will give you a better understanding of what you are doing without overwhelming you.

For volume based mixing, you will need:

Bottles (such as old and rinsed e-juice bottles)
A 10 ml syringe for pg/vg additions (make sure that it fits the pg/vg bottle)
A few 1 ml syringes for flavour additions
Nitrile gloves (at least in the beginning, for safety).

Alternatively, you can mix into a flask, and you can use volumetric cylinders (measuring cylinders) to measure your pg/vg. It will make for more dishwashing though.

You can find most of this at Dischem. Alternatively,you can buy a lot of lab-grade equipment from kids' science shops, such as the wonderful www.experilab.co.za (in PTA) area. This way you dont have to bother with potential wholesale issues with glassware suppliers.

If you are going for DIY in the long run, investing in a scale,a few syringes and separated VG, PG and nicotine is defintely worthwhile.

The starter kits provided by Skyblue Vaping is really not a bad choice for a no-fuss start.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Generally, using 10 % (PG-based) flavour with 90% premix will end up at 55:45 PG:VG. 20 % flavour will give you 60:40... etc. It still is fine for experimenting, especially if you dont know yet whether you will stick with DIY in the long run. In that same vein, while using a scale makes your life ten times easier, starting with volume-based measurements will give you a better understanding of what you are doing without overwhelming you.

For volume based mixing, you will need:

Bottles (such as old and rinsed e-juice bottles)
A 10 ml syringe for pg/vg additions (make sure that it fits the pg/vg bottle)
A few 1 ml syringes for flavour additions
Nitrile gloves (at least in the beginning, for safety).

Alternatively, you can mix into a flask, and you can use volumetric cylinders (measuring cylinders) to measure your pg/vg. It will make for more dishwashing though.

You can find most of this at Dischem. Alternatively,you can buy a lot of lab-grade equipment from kids' science shops, such as the wonderful www.experilab.co.za (in PTA) area. This way you dont have to bother with potential wholesale issues with glassware suppliers.

If you are going for DIY in the long run, investing in a scale,a few syringes and separated VG, PG and nicotine is defintely worthwhile.

The starter kits provided by Skyblue Vaping is really not a bad choice for a no-fuss start.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Hot damn I didn't even know experilab still existed. Loved that place as a kid. I might need to pay them a visit

OK now that I have my 2 advs being mustard milk and monster melons what next? I am looking for basic 2 to 3 Flavour recipes something using vanilla custard, fuji apple and something menthol. Can you guys help me including what brands I should use with the various recipes?

OK now that I have my 2 advs being mustard milk and monster melons what next? I am looking for basic 2 to 3 Flavour recipes something using vanilla custard, fuji apple and something menthol. Can you guys help me including what brands I should use with the various recipes?

Menthol melons is delicious also. About 3 or 4% TFA menthol added does the trick for me

Sent from my D2533 using Tapatalk

Menthol melons is delicious also. About 3 or 4% TFA menthol added does the trick for me

Sent from my D2533 using Tapatalk
I want new recipes gonna throw menthol to monster melons

Seeing as VV doesn't have stock of all the ingredients, I was wondering if one of the diy guys with stock might mix up a 100ml Rhodonite for me? For a small fee and shipping of course.

Seeing as VV doesn't have stock of all the ingredients, I was wondering if one of the diy guys with stock might mix up a 100ml Rhodonite for me? For a small fee and shipping of course.
I know how u feel @Viper_SA I just bought raspberry 100ml from VV and waiting for blckvapour to bring in the other flavours so I can mix up rhodonite,can only wait now

You think that is depressing? I have well over 100 concentrates and just spent over 2k on concentrates and PG VG but I also have quite a few flavours missing for Rhodonite.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I can't find anything on it but looks like it's a strawberry frosted donut with a hint of peanut butter.
I would try this D'ohnuts Clone and add peanut butter concentrate.
Should get you close to Torus hopefully.
Otherwise the D'ohnuts recipe is divine as it is.

Back